Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
RikohZX
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by RikohZX »

Ænima wrote:
RikohZX wrote:
Ænima wrote:>>> rc5 RELEASED! <<<


Have fun. Lemme know if you find any bugs.
I, uh, seem to be having a problem here.
So far as I can tell, this is a Super Skulltag Lite file according to Skulltag, and despite RC4 working fine with Zandronum for me (with the skulltag pk3s on-hand), this file isn't.

Did the files get switched up accidentally?
Are you sure? I just tested it for myself and it works fine.
I'll test it again on a fresh Zandronum and on Skulltag, just to make sure.

[EDIT] Didn't work on either, it might be due to the PK7 format or something. I've got no clue.
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ænima »

RikohZX wrote:
Ænima wrote:
RikohZX wrote: I, uh, seem to be having a problem here.
So far as I can tell, this is a Super Skulltag Lite file according to Skulltag, and despite RC4 working fine with Zandronum for me (with the skulltag pk3s on-hand), this file isn't.

Did the files get switched up accidentally?
Are you sure? I just tested it for myself and it works fine.
I'll test it again on a fresh Zandronum and on Skulltag, just to make sure.

[EDIT] Didn't work on either, it might be due to the PK7 format or something. I've got no clue.
Here, try downloading this batch to your Zandronum folder and running it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ao5wo5elqxuxahx

Btw, what OS are you running? I've heard that pk7's (which use LZMA compression) don't work on Mac versions. Which is weird.
User avatar
RikohZX
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by RikohZX »

Ænima wrote:Here, try downloading this batch to your Zandronum folder and running it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ao5wo5elqxuxahx

Btw, what OS are you running? I've heard that pk7's (which use LZMA compression) don't work on Mac versions. Which is weird.
That BAT did the trick, thank you. Also, Windows 7.
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ænima »

RikohZX wrote:
Ænima wrote:Here, try downloading this batch to your Zandronum folder and running it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ao5wo5elqxuxahx

Btw, what OS are you running? I've heard that pk7's (which use LZMA compression) don't work on Mac versions. Which is weird.
That BAT did the trick, thank you. Also, Windows 7.
It turns out that the problem has to do with the drag-and-drop method not supporting the .pk7 extension. In order to resolve this, you either have to use a different method of launching the game, OR simply rename ".pk7" to ".pk3".

But if the BAT works for you, then go ahead and just keep using that. :p


Also, random deathmatch screenshot:
Spoiler:
User avatar
Ghostbreed
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:19 am

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ghostbreed »

Ænima wrote:Also, random deathmatch screenshot:
Spoiler:
Yup, he's dead
User avatar
TiberiumSoul
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: My Computer...

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Ghostbreed wrote:Yup, he's dead
you know? i dont think he's dead... yeah he's just sleeping thats all :D
User avatar
Ghostbreed
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:19 am

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ghostbreed »

With blood running from his head? Must have a bad dream ;)
User avatar
TiberiumSoul
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: My Computer...

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by TiberiumSoul »

indeed but anyways lets get back on topic shall we?
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ænima »

Maybe he's just drunk and threw up while passed out ... and he ate a LOT of tomato soup beforehand ...
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ænima »

Here's the changelog for RC6 so far!


  • rc6:
  • Fixed: The Cyberdemon dropped the wrong kind of soulsphere.
  • Nerfed the female plasma zombie.
  • Limited the blood gush sounds to 5 instances at once.
  • Fixed: Zombies killed with the chainsaw wouldn't drop anything.
  • Improved imp fireball, bullet ricochets, and rocket trail effects.
  • Fixed: Some monsters didn't have BRIGHT states in their firing sequences.
  • Added REVERBS to many map areas! Immersion factor ++.
User avatar
-Ghost-
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by -Ghost- »

This is definitely one of my favorite Zandronum projects, glad to see you're still working on it.
User avatar
Ghostbreed
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:19 am

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ghostbreed »

Feels like simply ages since I last played this. Better put away Skyrim for a minute and see how this has developed since last visit.
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ænima »

-Ghost- wrote:This is definitely one of my favorite Zandronum projects, glad to see you're still working on it.
Thanks! Always nice to have some support.
Ghostbreed wrote:Feels like simply ages since I last played this. Better put away Skyrim for a minute and see how this has developed since last visit.
Not much. I haven't had much free time lately, but I plan on improving many of the maps to bring them up to standards.

Many maps will recieve 3D floors to replace the old mid texture bridges, and as mentioned before I've implemented REVERBS definitions in many of the maps (sound reverb that corresponds to the acoustics of the room ... stone corridors, sewer tunnels, outside areas, etc).

As a sound engineering student, that stuff gives me a boner.
User avatar
Ghostbreed
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:19 am

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ghostbreed »

Image
What's up with this?
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ænima »

Did you remember skulltag_data.pk3?

Are you using an IWAD other than Doom2?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”