r3829 WRF_NOSWITCH behaviour?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Enjay

Re: r3829 WRF_NOSWITCH behaviour?

Post by Enjay »

Thanks. I keep forgetting that "wait" even exists.

I've attached an easier to use WAD example with the pistol replaced with one that plays misc/chat when deselected (ie similar to the above example but using "wait").
Gez

Post by Gez »

Winter's Fury is affected by the problem.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I notice that r4039 reverts things to the old behaviour (which certainly makes sense given the number of mods that have been adversely affected by r4024). It seems that doing this has fixed the sound-looping-when-lowering-a-weapon problem too.

I'm hoping that this thread not yet being moved to closed bugs indicates that some way of having the behaviour that I wanted is also being considered?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I think it's obvious from the changelog that Randy was preparing some more changes but hadn't had time yet to finish them.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

That's good. I saw a bunch of changes that seemed to be in this area but I wasn't sure if they were preparing the groundwork for something or were part of something else like a tidy up or whatever. Thanks for putting them into context for me.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Just thought I'd update with a little info here just in case it helps. When the ZDoom code changed initially I added A_WeaponReady(WRF_NOSWITCH) to the ready state sequence of my Minigun (and it worked as I wanted - as reported earlier). With the current code, the Minigun now half does what I wanted: once the weapon is selected, you cannot deselect it by pressing another weapon button. However, once you have pressed the button for another weapon, the Minigun no longer works properly. Even with the fire button held down, the gun only fires in short bursts (I assume it is going through its fire sequence right to the end before repeating rather than restarting when the fire sequence gets to A_Refire).

I know that the feature has not been fully addressed yet - and I'm not nagging - but I thought the information might be useful. In the spoiler is the code for the weapon concerned but there is quite a bit going on there so it might not be the best example. If a simpler example to work with is required, let me know.
Spoiler:
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

r4062 adds the WRF_DISABLESWITCH, which reimplements the WRF_NOSWITCH semantics from r4024. I believe that should be what you want, yes, Enjay?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yes, it seems to work perfectly. Thank you very much and sorry for the flurry of "X mod doesn't work any more" posts that were spawned because of the initial report and change.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”