Capitalist Conquest: Freedom vs Fruitbowl WIP

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Capitalist Conquest: Freedom vs Fruitbowl WIP

Post by Matt »

How about "we need more Doom mods about mowing down waves of bronies"?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Vaecrius wrote:How about "we need more Doom mods about mowing down waves of bronies"?
Well, there are still bronies and trolls and things like that but I intend for them to be mook enemies (Which is good news for you because mooks are plentiful, so there'll be alot of them). Enemies hired to take out Ghost.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

The Pooptickler family (like the Grosse family but more spindly and tickly)
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Vaecrius wrote:The Pooptickler family (like the Grosse family but more spindly and tickly)
That's not a bad idea, actually. Miniboss trolls.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

MetroidJunkie wrote:I guess the statement is economic freedom?
You don't even know for certain what your big edgy politimod is about?
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Vaecrius wrote:How about "we need more Doom mods about mowing down waves of bronies"?
Knew I shouldn't have come here...
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Kinsie wrote:You don't even know for certain what your big edgy politimod is about?
I'm not trying to be edgy at all, unless offering political opinions is supposed to be edgy now, and nothing is set in stone, I can change my mind later on. The main theme is government tyranny, restriction of freedom of deterioration of society stemming from a lack of freedoms. If it'll help, I can make it more 'fantasy' by making the destroyed world with fictional government characters like Fallout 3. It's not like Fallout 3 doesn't have a very strong government tyranny theme, unless the Enclave being ordered by 'the president' don't count. Now then, would you care to comment on the new weapons sprites? Are they to your satisfaction?
Last edited by MetroidJunkie on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

MetroidJunkie wrote:The main theme is government tyranny, restriction of freedom of deterioration of society stemming from a lack of freedoms.
"The main theme is an alphabet soup of buzzwords."
MetroidJunkie wrote:If it'll help, I can make it more 'fantasy' by making the destroyed world with fictional government characters like Fallout 3.
As mentioned, you're completely missing the point of the politics present in Fallout's backstory, which purely provide a historical anchor in the cold war paranoia of the 1950s for a universe that is otherwise largely untethered to the real world.
MetroidJunkie wrote:Would you care to give constructive criticism like on the new weapons sprites or are you going to keep complaining about the project as a whole?
I can multitask and do both, you know. They look like a zero-budget 90s Doom clone, but at least they're an improvement on the previous sprites (which looked like a zero-budget 90s Wolfenstein clone). Course, that's without seeing the animations.
Nightfall

Post by Nightfall »

Hey! Aren't zero-budget Doom clones the very definition of Doom TCs?

:P
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Nightfall wrote:Hey! Aren't zero-budget Doom clones the very definition of Doom TCs?

:P
Not to mention a large chunk of Doom mods that use custom weapons purposely use the Doom style, even using the Doom hand. :P
Kinsie wrote:missing the point of the politics present in Fallout's backstory, which purely provide a historical anchor in the cold war paranoia of the 1950s for a universe that is otherwise largely untethered to the real world.
Using fear of an enemy to impose government control, that can't possibly be relevant. Oh wait, that's exactly what the government is currently doing, using a terrorism paranoia in place of the Cold War paranoia. It's still the government using a paranoia of an enemy to impose control, the basic concept is the same. The only difference is this is more modern government themed but, if modern conflict was such a problem, you must have a real problem with recent Call of Duty games' plots.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

MetroidJunkie wrote:Using fear of an enemy to impose government control, that can't possibly be relevant. Oh wait, that's exactly what the government is currently doing, using a terrorism paranoia in place of the Cold War paranoia.
Why do I get the sinking feeling that you didn't have a problem with this when there was a white guy in the White House?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Kinsie wrote:Why do I get the sinking feeling that you didn't have a problem with this when there was a white guy in the White House?
Why do I get the feeling you're making the assumption I'm white? But, by all means, pull the race card out of nowhere. Also, I know George Bush did the same thing and I didn't like him, either, but continue making assumptions. Can we please get back to the subject of the mod rather than Ad hominem attacks on my political views?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

MetroidJunkie wrote:Can we please get back to the subject of the mod rather than Ad hominem attacks on my political views?
The subject of the mod and your political views are the one and same. People don't tend to devote large stretches of time to making video game mods glorifying people they disagree with.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Kinsie wrote:The subject of the mod and your political views are the one and same. People don't tend to devote large stretches of time to making video game mods glorifying people they disagree with.
If you saw a Doom mod based on the medieval times, would you change the subject to the modder's personal feelings about the medieval ages? I was willing to make it more fictional by using fake politicians, is that not helpful?
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

People don't tend to devote large stretches of time to making video game mods glorifying people they disagree with.
Oh, really?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”