((Shroud of Deceit)) Hexen wad VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

What do you think of this Project?

It's really cool I love it
71%
Not bad keep up the good work
29%
It's ok
No votes
I don't like it
No votes

Total votes: 21

Unholypimpin

((Shroud of Deceit)) Hexen wad VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!!

Post by Unholypimpin »

Hello everyone I just recently started getting into Hexen and i really do love the game. I have decided to take a stab at making a Hexen wad, dare I say megawad as well.. But anyways since there seems to be a lack of hexen love i'm going to attempt to give hexen some love by making a wad for it. This wad will combine the fast paced action of doom and heretic with the rpg elements and puzzles of hexen.
=======================>>
Titlemap + Credits

PLEASE NOTE THIS WAD REQUIRES THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF ZDOOM TO RUN!!

ALSO THE NECROMANCER CLASS SUMMONS MINIONS WITH HIS ALTFIRE ON ALL WEAPONS AT THE COST OF LIFE
========================================================================

VERSION 1.0 RELEASE LINK http://www.mediafire.com/?j464vf1orcy65bn

Things to expect
==================>>
-New and harder hexen enemies
-storyline driven maps with voice acting and cutscenes
-fast paced action like doom and heretic
-new weapons for each class plus a few storyline weapons available to every class.
-new items and powerups
-lots of boss and miniboss fights
=============================>>
Gameplay Videos
Spoiler:
So far I got 1 1/2 maps done, once i got 3 maps done ill release an alpha test.

maplist
Spoiler:
If anyone would like to contribute at all in any way shape or form then please pm me.

LEVELING SYSTEM
===============================================

Every Level you will get 1 talent point and get additional max health and max mana based on your class.
Fighters will obviously get the most health per level but will also get the least amount of mana. The mage will be the opposite of the warrior and get the least amount of health but most mana, the cleric will be the happy medium between the 2.

The talent system will be relatively simple. There will be 3 talent trees that you can sink talent points into, and for each point you sink into a tree you will get a bonus. Not all bonuses will effect your current class, however you will want to sink points into the tree to get the desired tier bonuses that you want.

A example talent tree bonus would be that all warrior melee weapons get +25% range. Another example would be Whenever the cleric swings his mace, there will be a 10% chance that all cleric weapons other than his mace will do 35% more damage for 10 seconds.
==========================================================================================

Now for the screenshots.
Spoiler:

So far I got 3 maps done

If anyone would like to contribute at all in any way shape or form then please pm me.
Last edited by Unholypimpin on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Nightfall

Re: WIP ( Shroud of Deceit ) A Hexen wad

Post by Nightfall »

Looks quite dark and moody - just like Hexen. :)
Ral22
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Ral22 »

I'm rather liking it. I hope you put those 3-D platforms to good use and make some really interesting architecture. HeXen would really be neat with it.
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Wow a Hexen wad!
Can't wait to play this.
I was waiting for Hexen:Curse of the Demon Lord mod by Kristus. I hope he'll release it someday.
But now this? Cool!
Glad someone's still making hexen wads.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

This project will be using alot of 3d floors and poly objects just like hexen. Most of the doors will be swinging doors and such.

FYI there wont be hubs in this wad, its gonna be map to map like in doom and heretic.

I might even be adding a new class named the necromancer.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Count me in! I have time to make A level for this - I've PM'ed you with info. Also a resource WAD with a handful of fitting HeXen-ey textures. 8-)
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Beautiful work on the lightning. Very atmospheric.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Pretty awesome idea. There is indeed a lack of Hexen love goin' on around, and while there are some pretty good wads and mods for it, sadly they don't get nearly as much attention as they deserve.

Your project looks like it is going to be very interesting and the story driven aspect certainly adds a lot to it. Not having the hub/semi open world format of Hexen might feel odd at first, but so long as the levels are cool and fun that certainly won't matter.

I hope it gets brought to completion, and hopefully that it becomes a megawad.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I am interested as to what the new items and weapons are.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

heres some screenshots of map02
Spoiler:
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Not bad at all!
But I still don't know what level you'd have me make.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

If you ever played diablo2 and got to act3, you could make a map that is like a town built inside of a swamp. or maybe even a really cool castle with some good outdoor areas that have like cultist doing dark rituals or something. Just make sure you leave some room for 1 mini boss and a boss fight.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

The maps look incredible. I'm a bit worried about the storyline given the grammar in that one screenshot, though. Will you have an editor on hand in order to polish things up?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Yes I will have someone fix all my grammatical errors, of course that will be done last since that will be the easiest thing to fix.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

I've begun work on the map and have sent you an early draft; level's small so far but lemme know if you like the style! 8-)
NOTE - should have a 'fade' effect of "20 20 20" in MAPINFO, so you know. And a foggy sky but I'll go on a limb and suggest we use skyboxes. :mrgreen:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”