Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
DefconRazor32

Re: Doom 2 Recolored [Project] [Sprites][ Textures] ver 2.7.

Post by DefconRazor32 »

This next prototype adds a a lot of newer texture edits including the brown brick series showing a mossy like texture, later in next prototype I'll add floor compatibility to some of them. I added some new red bricks and even i tried a mossy brick. I haven't tested all the brick variants from the big brick set it has slight bump map, but believe this they aren't ugly at all. I even added more brick stuff to see if it could be used for tombs. I have also added more grunge like textures too and a few floor rust edits i hope they look good. I think this new prototype will be very good when you wanna create jungle or ancient ruins so please have a look at the whole thing.

here is the newest build: (old build deleted)

The first post has been updated for the prototype. I can't add screenshots right now as i noticed there are some good people experiencing the pic not found in some my newer screenshots.

if anyone wants to see the new gallery for any my doom screenshots try here: http://defconrazor32.minus.com

There are some demo map screenshots here in that gallery. Anyone have further questions please pm me or reply to this thread any comments and feedback are always greatly welcomed.
Last edited by DefconRazor32 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Hey everyone Good news as of now. I just finished refining some bits here and there for the final 2.7.5 release I'm hoping this whole release will help you all with your projects if you decide to use my resource. I just added most the new jungle bricks removed some rough copies and filed some stuff to keep the archive going great.

The Cacomom monster is staying since nobody posted any feedback on it.
There are new jungle brick textures included other new things in the texture department.
I will be releasing a doom2 demomap 2 which has refined towards the new jungle bricks theme.
I might consider keeping it tiny as i just want to show case the textures due to the screenshot problems for some the good community members to show them the raw results and hope to keep the satisfaction to it's means of showing real proof if the picture can't tell.

I would also like to ask if anyone would like to be part of my demomap testing department as I add more showcases to the resource for testing. I guarantee my mapping isn't horrible at all and play testing is quite fun.

Well enough of my speech here's 2.7.5: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... olored.zip
(copy and paste if the link if it won't direct you)

the resource is also posted in the first post also.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

New prototype added today, there may be some pixel errors but in the mean time please understand i'm aware of that and am here to show some new textures for the build. I will fix some dead pixels from my textures when i get the chance. heres the current build.

build type Ruth series: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... totype.zip

i added a new demo map that even if it's tiny i tried to add the best detail i could while still undermining doom2 original playstyle, I won't say the map is perfect that's one thing for sure.

demo map2: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... momap2.zip
you will need the prototype to run this map or you'll have unknown texture bugs.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Sometime during this week I'll be adding a new prototype that has a new type of brown marble showing in this screenshot. This is also the open_gl based map. Still very incomplete as it is I'm adding other textures too and maybe I'll add the custom skies i had made for doom2 into the map.

here is a direct link to the screenshot: http://imageshack.us/a/img217/6039/doomscreenshot2.png

I plan on pming a few the testers i selected to try the new prototype before i release it as i had to do a major overhaul for one the older rust textures from the previous type. I'm very tired as of now if anyone like the screenshot please tell me or if you have any criticism besides a texture that lingering on that corner i know it is there. One last note before i go to bed i made some tomb-raider inspired texture i have in the prototype that will be uploaded soon it's a mossy texture called vera5 and vera5b for the flooring part of it. I been planning a lot of mossy jungle like things in the past, but i doubt that anyone noticed as most people follow by the screenshots only.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

hey everyone i worked extra hard today to finish some touches on the last few of my series for the other world.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm planning soon not right away, but to release the next version number since i never expected to extended the update to almost near the new years date.
The 2.7.6 update will be one of the hugest ones in this whole updated series. i conjured about 5 to 7 different themes added never before seen marble edits
and the fact that this whole expansion may add to a total of now near 2000 textures in the way-point is a very big achievement for me when i get there.
I originally just went past the 1800 line right now that's a lot of edits and variants including recolors and graphic overhauls on themes.

I hope to get some feedback on the new preview pic.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

I really like the pipes. (most of your other stuff too) Have you considered doing something like this for Heretic/Hexen or Strife?
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

zrrion the insect wrote:I really like the pipes. (most of your other stuff too) Have you considered doing something like this for Heretic/Hexen or Strife?

I could consider it, but i would need two things tho like a color palette for gimp and i would like to know if people want the stuff palette based or full color.
The meaning for that idea was to get community feedback and most of all to see the idea become an actual project. I won't just make a project till i see it
through to the end like this one. I have been interested in doing some Hexen, Heretic, and Strife for a while, but i haven't look up the resources at all
cause i been so busy with doom 2's.

I do have one favor to ask if anyone is able to extract some resources and send them to me via a pm i could try doing some samples and post them in the custom texture thread when i get a chance. I will give credit to anyone that helps. :)
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

DefconRazor32 wrote:-snip-
I'm loving the textures so far. Very grungy. It throws Doom into a new direction.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I was a little late today due to me needing a fix for the day, but I got the major update here for the textures. :mrgreen:

2.7.6 update: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... olored.zip

log file so far:

added lots of new brown marble like rock edits for those deserts like ruin areas
added new marble edits
added new other world textures
added a few new blue and red marble things
added a newer green marble set
made a few new floor textures for doom2 mapping compatibility

I have more but i can't seem to get it off my tongue, so i guess you'll have to either test the stuff with doombuilder 2 or xwe and slade.
To anybody wanting to find the new other world textures in doombuilder try the sirex theme stuff.

I wanna thank everyone for their support on my texture pack. I really am happy that i have people on this community who like and use
my texture pack. I hope that everyone who likes and supports this will spread the word around the doom forums, cause i wanna make
sure to keep this project alive and see some highlight on it as well. :mrgreen:

Major EDIT: fixed A lethal floor bug caused by my texture compiling on xwe and i recompiled things and the bug is now fixed
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

hey everyone i been hard at work and i got the formula almost perfect for the rusty dark feel for what i been looking for
I tested a few samples on a few more old and new and this was what i got.

Sample test preview:

I will be doing a small update that will contain these and a few more in a month or two and i think this small re release update
will keep many the folks entertained, cause i hope to someday see a silent hill like doom mod with some these textures or an old
rusted otherworldly feel. I last looked up when i started this project, I did three years in the making of trying to achieve this one goal
and a few others and i think i finally achieved it. That is like 3 years of splicing slicing and mutating doom2's resource in and
of itself into what you see now. I never used any other textures to achieve this goal only doom2. :wub:
Kyka

Post by Kyka »

Haven't commented on this thread, but I just wanna say I really like how rusted out and grungy all of these look.

You will be (hopefully) pleased to know that several textures off this thread have been incorporated into the TNT2 texture pack also.

Great work and I must play with this set once a final version is released.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Kyka I'm definitely very pleased to read what you posted it warms my heart. :wub:

The final version of the official texture pack will be when it hits the 2.8 version series from there any updates after that will be add-on or fully made official updates.
The re- release update to finish most of 2.7.6 will be up by next week. I put up never before seen brick textures that might add a gothic or dark touch depending on
how you view it when you see the textures. I also am running on experimental grass textures , I need real feedback on them when the re-release arrives.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

The re - release has arrived as promised and scheduled as follows: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... olored.zip

I don't have any previews on this post for the whole update, but i hope to read from more posts soon on what everyone thinks of these batches.
I still might have to fix up on some textures and notable re-update others at a future time. I still got some unattended business as of right now
most notably me getting other stuff pushed or certain requests that need to be sent on time. I wanna let up on one note, I haven't forgot the
stuff on me trying to work on some switches, I wanna make sure i atleast try and get to some switches made. I won't guarantee that any of
them will pass unless doom2's palette accepts them as such since they will be made into the grunge style. I dunno how long the next update will
take but if and when 2.7.7 will ever reach will be a mystery no plans as such and many textures i need to research. I'll be looking into new texture
mutations in the future as well as new texture development all plans that i have will be instructed as or when basis so lets hope for another
fruitful update, me thinks there will be. :3: I love the kitty face it's a must have in every forum I must write.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I dunno how to explain this properly or anything so please bear with me on this. I think after the i post a release of the 2.7.7 date I'll be working on something new for the doom 2's palette and some for the full color side as well. I also ran into some other interesting things as well but i dunno how i should go about it. I found some awesome ideas on some Hexen edits for sky stuff and even heretic, they won't be much tho. I'm thinking on two sides of a coin here tho if I'm running a doom2 palette with some hexen or heretic edits added to doom2 should i add them to doom2recolored or not? Should i just make it as a stand alone resource based on hexen and Heretic call the wad domexeric.wad and add both credits for both Hexen Heretic and doom combined? I find it hard to write this, cause I suck at explaining and i really need everyone's feedback on this subject matter i don't mind if mods have to give feedback. I wanna know how to handle credits on other iwads or what to do, cause I'm gonna be using doom's stuff with hexen and heretics textures and stuff.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

hey everyone just came to let you all know the project isn't on a stand still or dead. I been working on new textures and even new skies and even more edits for both doom 2 recolored and dromexic which will be the doom paletted add on for doom2 recolored which adds a hexen or heretic aspect towards doom as i will show in this hellsky pic.

I can't say the texture is perfect, but considering how mixing doom heretic and hexen is a nice touch i think dromexic will be a nice addition added the fact that i give credit to Raven software developing both hexen and heretic and id helping with them on the other stuff. I really feel great that i can try some new stuff.

My main point on doom2 recolored 2.8 will have to wait longer as I will be making more stuff and revising and polishing old textures and editing even more textures like this one i made just recently,

I still have more stuff to do atm and 2.7 will have a release but 2.8 will take much longer with dromexic added to the work table

Return to “Resources”