Brutal Strife - BETA Released

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Enjay

Re: Brutal Strife - BETA Released

Post by Enjay »

I didn't think that they looked particularly out of place. However, if their art-style didn't fit, I would put that down to their art style being quite good and the ones in Strife being quite bad. :P
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Just tried it and Strife went from a dull shooter into something more... BROOTAL SHOOTUHRRR!
Sarge, I really hope you put as much soul and love into this as you do with Brutal Doom.

You make it fun to be a fan of older games again.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Sorry for double posting but I can't find the new betas :(
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ghostbreed wrote:Sorry for double posting
Given you posted about eight minutes after your last one, I'd think you could stand to use the Edit button instead.

Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Sorry holmes.
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

Despite so far from a couple of negative comments im loving it so far.

It just feels really good to make those damn crusaders explode into a thousand pieces.

Will you be adding some form of Berserker executions in this one as well and the ability to shoot of various limbs so they just stand there and scream in agony makes killing those bastards a whole lot more enjoyable. :twisted:
destructomaniac.3

Post by destructomaniac.3 »

Holy smokes Sarge, that's good. Remember to put the neck breaking in.
Shot846

Re: Merry kek'n Xmas: Brutal Strife - First Alpha

Post by Shot846 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Yes, in a far future.
Let's jump in the time everyone!
Inglorious

Post by Inglorious »

ETA when the next version is coming out? I played a bit of the game (up until the Sewer level) and it does improve upon the experience, unlike the trailer though I wasn't able to take a dude hostage ala Brutal Doom. But I feel like it could go further:

Alt arrow type(s): Maybe you could give the poison arrows a really ott effect? Like, on hit it causes them to violently spasm and either explode from the inside out or melt. The electric arrow could be buffed too. I never found a point (so far) to use the arrows to scale walls.

Iron sights for the assault rifle seem pretty pointless. I'd rather have a real alt-fire that either switches ammo type or maybe gives you a melee where you swing with the but of the gun?

Enemy hit points (I.E. Headshots) being able to remove their limbs and shields individually. Buff the guards a bit to balance it out. I want to be able to disarm them or at least remove their shields and get to them. B

Alt fire to the melee weapon. Either give the ability to equip a shield or grab a dude or an alt melee attack that you can hold down to charge.

NPC's are dicks and have tricks up their sleeves. I want that traitor dude who tricks you to get the chalice to do additional dickery. You can confront him and he tries to suicide bomb or he just takes out an assault rifle rather then soldiers burst in. Etc. What if you could cut off the Warden's hand and just watch him suffer and bleed to death? Maybe he randomly takes out a pistol and starts shooting you?

Alt fire for the missile launcher. Please make it a cerebral bore. That is all.
Last edited by Inglorious on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big C

Post by Big C »

:/

As much as I love over-the-top violence, I don't think a lot of what you're asking for is over-the-top---just incredibly sadistic, and not in a fun way. Besides, I don't know if ZDoom can really do targeted dismemberment beyond headshots.

I think for the assault rifle a select-fire mode would be better, like switching between either full-auto/accurate semi-auto or full-auto/3-round burst.

Would like some added functionality for the punch dagger. Really, the only good thing about it in the base game is it's silent---takes way too damn long to efficiently kill a guard.
Inglorious

Post by Inglorious »

Big C wrote::/

As much as I love over-the-top violence, I don't think a lot of what you're asking for is over-the-top---just incredibly sadistic, and not in a fun way. Besides, I don't know if ZDoom can really do targeted dismemberment beyond headshots.

That guy who tricked me to get the chalice really pissed me off though.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Inglorious wrote:

I get annoyed with NPCs in games a lot of the time but I just don't see the point in getting *that* worked up over a bunch of pixels trolling you.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Big C wrote:
Inglorious wrote:

I get annoyed with NPCs in games a lot of the time but I just don't see the point in getting *that* worked up over a bunch of pixels trolling you.
But you get worked up by killing some pixels?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ghostbreed wrote:But you get worked up by killing some pixels?
And you get worked up enough to reply with things like this?
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

How else am I supposed to gain your attention dear Weasel?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”