Brutal Strife - BETA Released

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ChronoSeth

Re: Merry Fucking Xmas: Brutal Strife - First Alpha

Post by ChronoSeth »

Eric_ wrote:Fairly sure someone else did that extended assault gun sprite.
It's not "extended", that's the whole sprite (in vanilla, it's offset so you don't see the whole graphic, like a lot of Doom's weapons).

My thoughts:

- Why are acolytes and peasants SO DAMN FAST!? The cowering thing seems a bit off, too, when you consider the status of people like Harris or the drones in the mines of degnin.
- As others have said, the new effects, sounds and textures don't fit in with Strife's atmosphere at all.
- The crossbow's animation is really, really bad. It also doesn't seem any more "responsive". It doesn't feel like a crossbow anymore.
- The fire sound effects are incredibly loud. It's ridiculous when you're in a room with more than one source.

Edit: now that I think about it, everything is loud. Once I get into combat, I can't tell the difference between sounds with all the noise.
insightguy

Re: Merry kek'n Xmas: Brutal Strife - First Alpha

Post by insightguy »

and now, we wait for brutal chex.............
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Looking forward to Brutal Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch!
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Come on guys, it is just an ALPHA version, which means that not everything is expected to work how intended, and many stuff (including the gibs) are just placeholders until I get done with the real stuff.
Thanks for everyone that took it's time to test it and report bugs and unbalances. The Alpha 2 is already on the works.

And I would appreciate if everyone else could stop with the ironical and disrespectful comments.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Uhm... when you say placeholders, do you mean you're actually going to minimize on the gore? Because that would be appreciated. No one was upset at what the gore looked like, you know, it was the fact that there's too much of it. Yeah, I know, a shocking concept, especially since I'm a fan of Brutal Doom. But as I've previously stated, Strife doesn't need to be redone in the Brutal Style. Just needs a bit of touching up here and there.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:And I would appreciate if everyone else could stop with the ironical and disrespectful comments.
And so would the forum management.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Are you going to add a stealth takedown like Brutal Doom? Like maybe a throat slitting animation for the punch dagger, but otherwise it would have low damage.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Come on guys, it is just an ALPHA version, which means that not everything is expected to work how intended.
Just because something is Alpha doesn't excuse it from critique.

There's some interesting ideas here, but half of it is placeholder code pulled from Brutal Doom and a lot of the rest seems to miss the point of Strife's RPG-style gameplay. Honestly, I would have kept this in quiet development for longer - you already have two major revamp mods eating up your time, and a third just feels more like an obligation than a fun hobby project.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I never liked Strife, as it's too easy to mess up. All you have to do is say the wrong answer to the very first guy you talk to, and you're done. So the idea of Brutally taking on Strife sounds great to me!
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

@Sergeant_Mark_IV: I was serious............
commander

Post by commander »

Maybe Brutal ZDoom in the near future. :lol: Don't make me drop school just to play your mods! :bang:
Edward-san

Post by Edward-san »

insightguy wrote:and now, we wait for brutal chex.............
I.E. traumatize the children or make them 'brutal' against themselves or some other stuff... :(
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Edward-san wrote:
I.E. traumatize the children or make them 'brutal' against themselves or some other stuff... :(
Or keep them from being a bunch of chicken shits. After all, we've got eight year olds playing Call of Duty, so it's not like we can really traumatize them any more, right? :P
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

twinkieman93 wrote:
Edward-san wrote:
Or keep them from being a bunch of chicken shits. After all, we've got eight year olds playing Call of Duty, so it's not like we can really traumatize them any more, right? :P
i'd be more worried of the fact that they have to walk around in an episode of NON-LINEAR LEVEL. like WHOA, it's like, walking around in a fucking maze, dude! and hey, where the heck am i supposed to go? there's no blinking arrows pointing towards my objective... heck, there aren't even any objectives in this game! you just run around in a maze and zap slimy things away? what a dumb game, man!

:P
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

TerminusEst13 wrote:I'M A kek'n WAFFLE

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”