[Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

Post by PillowBlaster »

Ribo Zurai wrote:I found a little glitch, Alosha's Satchels aren't able reload the Plasma/Ion ammo.
Yeah, noticed that, but forgot to fix it, duh. Will be fixed in next version!
Malv Zombie wrote:I noticed that you can only have 2 Leviathan handcannons if you pick the 2nd one from a dead Sergeant, otherwise they give ammo only
Not sure if something's wrong with them or not? I think they work as intended. :P
Launch Problems wrote:Just to state I took a look into issue.
Sigh, I am unsure how to make it more obvious/easier to use. Stacking up core wad and expansion in one file would be ridiculous, but seeing how people have problems with launching it, the idea seems to grow in my eyes... Maybe I should make the expansion standalone, but that means extra, useless work for me. :roll:
Regios

Post by Regios »

I think I have found an error. I'm trying to load both RO and Reinforcements from Moldova, but execution stops because it doesn't seem to find something it needs to keep running.

It doesn't happen with vanilla RO.
Spoiler:
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The problem is that the mods are being loaded in the wrong order - RO must be loaded first, with Moldova loaded second.
Regios

Post by Regios »

Ah, I see. I have tinkered with the .ini file to load the files one after another rather than grabbing both and dragging them to the GZDoom icon, and now the mod works properly.

It's surprising, what you can achieve by just being a bit attentive to texts rather than asking for help at the first goof. ^^;;
Big C

Post by Big C »

Moldova + Brutal DooM Lite + Mr. Chris' Brutalized maps = DOOM IS A HELLUVA DRUG. :trippy:
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

The Pantokrator's altfire crashed my zDoom. This mod is crazy awesome!
Warhawk

Post by Warhawk »

Beaten Survive In Hell megawad with this mod. Its easy. ROFL
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20121206_174906.png
Screenshot_Doom_20121206_174906.png (8.93 KiB) Viewed 2801 times
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

Sorryyyyyyy for the bump, but I was actually surprised that the mod would only load the expansion's content. Imo there should be an option to play with both RO and Moldova's content at once.
destructomaniac.3

Post by destructomaniac.3 »

Are you working on any new expansions? Or planning to? I need more riduculosity.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Soul Sucka wrote:Sorryyyyyyy for the bump, but I was actually surprised that the mod would only load the expansion's content. Imo there should be an option to play with both RO and Moldova's content at once.
destructomaniac.3 wrote:Are you working on any new expansions? Or planning to? I need more riduculosity.
Why of course there will be more! I already worked on attaching weapon sets to each class, and a friend of mine works on some kind of "trunk" addon, which lets you slap any RO weapon to any slot - some kind of gun-inventory (not sure how this will work out, though). I am kinda on halt with 3rd set, due to shitstorm in my studying duties, and overall lack of time or resources... as usual. Thanks for the attention though, good to know that people are not fed up with my mod yet. :P

And to answer a thing from another thread:
twinkieman93 wrote:Sorry to bump this(would this constitute a bump? I dunno, it's off the first page of posts), but I found a bug with the altfire on the Pankratos thingy. If the gigantic shell spewing shell happens to land in particular positions(the one place I saw it happen was a very tiny ledge bordering a pool of water), even after the accompanying music stops it will continue to spit shells in all directions forever. While it is awesome, the sound of bouncing shells quickly becomes aggravating.
That's weird - I did several shots, in most weird ways to make it land on corners, borders of the cliffs and ledges, inbetween decorations or several monsters, even with some water splash mods and without them, and I didn't achieve this effect even once. I'm sorry, I can't help with that for now. :(

Alas, trivia: I still have the very first beta of Overkill, dated on May 5th, 2010. Surprisingly, it didn't change as much as I expected.
Failure

Post by Failure »

The weapons of this wad looks amazing....But I don't see any challenge, all of them seems way too OP.I'll maybe play this mod till i use all the weapons.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

Failure wrote:The weapons of this wad looks amazing....But I don't see any challenge, all of them seems way too OP.
PillowBlaster, on RO thread, wrote:Is this mod making any sense!? I mean, Where's the balance? such overpower can kill the gameplay!
...Or make from it an unforgettable experience. Well, it depends on taste. If somebody wants something challenging... well, he would be surely dissapointed. But if somebody looks for some mindless destruction... I guarantee full satisfaction.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Failure wrote:The weapons of this wad looks amazing....But I don't see any challenge, all of them seems way too OP.I'll maybe play this mod till i use all the weapons.
The challenge is in not killing yourself with these ridiculously powerful and awesome weapons. :P

This mod isn't about balance anyway, as Gothic pointed out. It's about tons and tons of dakka turned up to 80. It's about massive explosions and gratuitous, wanton destruction of epic proportions. It's about the conspicuous consumption of carnage and asking the question of how much is too much when it comes to weapons of mass destruction in a Doom mod.
Spoiler:
Looking forward to future updates by the way, PillowBlaster. Totally loving Russian Overkill and Reinforcements from Moldova. :D
Pardo

download links broken

Post by Pardo »

Both download links are broken.
Can you reupload to mediafire or somehwere where downloads work?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Pardo wrote:Both download links are broken.
Can you reupload to mediafire or somehwere where downloads work?
There's no point in doing so, as this got incorporated into the core mod loooooooongass time ago.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”