[Release] ChainShotgun

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
UnTrustable

[Release] ChainShotgun

Post by UnTrustable »

The ChainShotgun.

A faster shooting shotgun and Super Shotgun in the shape of a Chaingun.
I recolored the barrels of the Chaingun with the colors of the original Super Shotgun barrels.
Also used the MiniGunners smooth-chaingun frames.

Download ChainShotgun here:

Just type in summon chainshotgun in the console and happy fraggin'.
Keep notice how the screw on the barrel holder moves in the right way... :)
Abba Zabba

Re: [Release] ChainShotgun

Post by Abba Zabba »

Just from a glance, it reminds me of the Spidermastermind's chaingun you could get for yourself (via ID(K)FA) in Parkour.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Or by, y'know, killing the Mastermind with a certain command on. :P
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Hah, thats funny, watching a video on that parkour topic, I just see double weapons.
I was once working on such same thing, I had to rewrite all weapons, reanimate all the weapons,
and creating a powerup that gave you the double weapon thing.
I'll post it some day when i got the Railgun (Skulltag's), BFG9000 and the chainsaw, done....
The rest was pretty much done...
Or...i leave out all the Skultag's weapons, then only the chainsaw and the BFG9000 are left to do.

EDIT: That double-weapon thing is posted here
Last edited by UnTrustable on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
zZaRDoZz

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Nice, and very much like something I proposed for an EDGE mod some time ago. A weapon like this needs a map with a good mix of upper level and low level baddies for contrast. I bet this would look cool with that non-instant hit wad that was released a while back.
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

This reminds me of a mod with insanely overpowered weapons, especially its SSG - it was able to fire at least 10 times per second, so you could kill a cyberdemon in about 3 seconds with it. All weapons had unlimited ammo. Its maps were Doom-2-based, mostly the original ones with lots of enemies added.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Yeah, but that's indeed abit OVERpowered. What fun is there to have a gun that can kill a Cyberdemon within a second.
I made this gun Skulltag's 'Rage rune friendly. Sure we can edit this weapon to increases its fire-rate, or make it ammo-unlimited.
Speaking of Unlimited ammo, I was once creating a Double Weapon Powerup, and in the same time a Unlimited Ammo powerup for the standard
Doom weapons.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

UnTrustable wrote:Hah, thats funny, watching a video on that parkour topic, I just see double weapons...
There were a couple, additional weapons you could attain through cheats (or as XutaWoo said, some sort of console command or something :)).
Basically, portable steroid-infused versions of the bosses's weapons. The Spider Mastermind's super chaingun (appears) to bear some resemblance to your chaingun, that's all I was saying.

Kind of functioned like Shadow Warrior's riot shotgun, but juiced.
Jabberwock

Post by Jabberwock »

It can kill a cybie in 30 seconds, he cannot shoot at me due to cha-cha.
Also, take this:
chainshotgun.png
chainshotgun.png (853 Bytes) Viewed 2484 times
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Jabberwock wrote:It can kill a cybie in 30 seconds, he cannot shoot at me due to cha-cha.
Also, take this:
chainshotgun.png
Oh WOW ! thats a beautifull one ! Thanks man. I sure gonna use yours ! :D Credits to you ofcourse.
Warhawk

Post by Warhawk »

Are you still working on this? The weapon's alt fire flash is the same as the regular flash.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”