[Sprites] Alien Trilogy Stuff

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Enjay

Re: [Sprites] Alien Trilogy Stuff

Post by Enjay »

It's a PNG - ie already compressed. Zipping it won't make much difference.
Jake Crusher

Post by Jake Crusher »

Beside sprites, is it possible to rip game's textures as well?
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I wonder if you could rip the weaponz textures. Not the pickup sprites, but the usage loops.
I have found Pulse Rifle and Smartgun on Realm667, but those are errr....a little bit poor.
DrDoctor

Post by DrDoctor »

I want everyone to know that I haven't given up on this project, I've just been focusing on an other project for the last few weeks. One problem I have been facing with ripping the sprites is that It's more difficult than I initially thought, it turns out the egg, facehugger and queen were the easy ones to rip, the other enemy sprites are placed in the V-RAM in a way that if I pause the game, the spite loaded into memory is replaced by the automap (and in case anyone asks, no I can't pause direct emulation in PXrel :cry: ). I have been able to somewhat get around this by having two or more of the same enemytype on the screen at once, but it is still very tedious and time consuming(It also doesn't help that enemies don't infight and they don't like to show there backside to you.) Currently I'm working on the chestburster and the "bambiburster"(3rd movie)
Jake Crusher wrote:Beside sprites, is it possible to rip game's textures as well?

That's actually the easiest thing to rip in this game, but the textures are kinda small and a bit low quality for Doom standards, so I'm not going to focus on those. Here's two sets if you really want to use them but I'd suggest the AVP2 texture pack instead.
colonytileset.png
colonytileset.png (71.02 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
jockeytilesetclean.png
jockeytilesetclean.png (219.68 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
Reactor wrote:I wonder if you could rip the weaponz textures. Not the pickup sprites, but the usage loops.
I have found Pulse Rifle and Smartgun on Realm667, but those are errr....a little bit poor.
Someone else already did a full weapon rip from the game, check the Aliens TC update in projects if you want those sprites. (just so you know, some of those sprites are not exactly of the best quality but that's how they were in-game.)
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

OMG! There are Alien Triology sprites! Hooray!
I will begin the egg/facehugger/handler porting. Eggs upsidedown! Hooray!

Can you port the dog-aliens, aliens (maybe ceiling if I know how), chest bursters, and egg barrels (that scares the heck out of me). I also want the audio too. I think I can make some monsters or player classes w/ these resources (it's cool to be a evil genius egg, exploding/morphing facehugger, or fat stormtrooper).
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

The fuck, the fuck THE FUCK! Just the fuck dude! For Years I have been trying to figure out which program to use to rip stuff from this game. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Keep up the good work!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I really hope that you can manage to do something with the other sprites. A number of people have tried and not managed to rip them. The texture rips are cool as well though.

[edit] Doh! I just realised I replied to a thread that hasn't had an actual progress update for 1.5 years. :? [/edit]
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Enjay wrote:[edit] Doh! I just realised I replied to a thread that hasn't had an actual progress update for 1.5 years. :? [/edit]
Damn it, RV-007. =P
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Doh! I just realised I replied to a thread that hasn't had an actual progress update for 1.5 years. :?
I can relate to this :oops:
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

If anyone was looking for some alien sprites, you can use AliensCM.pk3. Alienstuff.wad has a well illustrated Alien drone/warrior. Chestburster seems illustrated too. ACMLevelpack.wad has a sprite that looks like it came from a model replica.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Anyway, it was useful for me, hehe

This alien eggs will make a nice hellish pod! :D
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

any way of getting weapon pickup textures?
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Ben2k9 wrote:any way of getting weapon pickup textures?
Aliens Trilogy uses 3D models for weapon pick ups. There are NO pickup sprites. I think somebody already told you it already.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
Aliens Trilogy uses 3D models for weapon pick ups. There are NO pickup sprites. I think somebody already told you it already.
Ben2k9 wrote:weapon pickup textures?
Ben2k9 wrote:pickup textures?
Ben2k9 wrote:textures?
RnatO

Post by RnatO »

Can you post the dog alien sprites?

Return to “Resources”