PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
fenderc01

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by fenderc01 »

Version 2.0 Released! Now out of beta...
Check it out over on this forum.

The project has been updated by the people over there and now includes the levels and music from Final Doom. Thanks to everyone for their hard work on an awesome project!
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

There's talk over at Doomworld about the possibility of new and more levels for the TC, like levels that were dropped in the console versions, but have them back in the TC. Any thoughts?
JackAbs

Post by JackAbs »

Every time i click the link for version 2.0 i get a message saying its invalid, please help
MSd7342

Post by MSd7342 »

The TC are excellent, give me excellent results with MOD (Brutal v19!, Brutal Lite 19, NecroDoom, Doom64Stuff (My Doom 64 Stuff [Grafics & Weapons] project)
Tested (without MODs) in ZDoom v2.7.1
Tested (With MODs) in ZDoom v2.7.1

AND BOTH WORKS PEREFECTLY, SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING, TRY IT!
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

MSd7342 wrote:Tested (With MODs) in ZDoom v2.7.1

AND BOTH WORKS PEREFECTLY...
One type of mod that doesn't readily work with this is any that uses multiple custom classes. The menus in PSXTC have the New Game button point directly to EpisodeMenu, skipping PlayerClassMenu. I made a small patch to revert that (which does nothing to harm how the TC itself works) and allows playerclass mods to run. However, since PSXTC also declares playerclasses in KEYCONF instead of the proper MAPINFO method, any playerclass mod using the proper method also doesn't readily work.
Asta Reena

Post by Asta Reena »

how do i add lighting, who posted it before? Too many areas are too dark in game psx beta.
Flynn Taggart wrote:Some areas in levels are so dark you can't see anything. maybe brightening them up a bit in the next beta would be nice, maybe you can
fixed it needed gzdoom, i get a rabbit head stuck in the menu how do i get rid of it?
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Asta Reena wrote:how do i add lighting, who posted it before? Too many areas are too dark in game psx beta.
Flynn Taggart wrote:Some areas in levels are so dark you can't see anything. maybe brightening them up a bit in the next beta would be nice, maybe you can
fixed it needed gzdoom, i get a rabbit head stuck in the menu how do i get rid of it?
That's your mouse cursor. Go to Mouse Options in the Options menu to get rid of it.
Asta Reena

Post by Asta Reena »

Project Dark Fox wrote:
Asta Reena wrote:how do i add lighting, who posted it before? Too many areas are too dark in game psx beta.
That's your mouse cursor. Go to Mouse Options in the Options menu to get rid of it.

PS: Is it possible, maybe with Slade 3, to switch Mancubus in Tower of Bable to Ultra-Violence difficulty only by modifying map content in a pk3 file?
Fox666

Post by Fox666 »

Would it be possible to use a bigger version of the status bar face with the gib death from Jaguar?

I believe this is not a weird request, since the Playstation version derived from the Jaguar version, and the sole reason why there is a gib death for the status bar face in the Playstation is because there was one in the Jaguar.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”