Doom sprites HD (8x) version v03 released

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
TheMorden

Re: Doom sprites HD (8x) version v03 released

Post by TheMorden »

Mtzfire wrote:
iLikeTheUDK wrote:No, lighting that's either evenly lit or pitch black is either Cel Shading or 4-bit lighting (as in Commander Keen and several Apogee games, such as the first Duke Nukem).
Yeah, I can see you took it quite literally, lol.
What I meant was focused on pitch black shading, which I got rid of in my sprite (well, not entirely) :wink:

Edit: Ah, that's the stuff:
If you can make more that, Morden, would be really awesome :o
The only thing I didn't like was the Imp's mouth looking like a fan is blowing on it. His cheeks should be sinking in slightly, as they do in nature, not going outward like that. Reminds me of that GzdoomBuilder pinky model, that also looks like a fan is blowing on him, lol.
But the overall sprite looks amazing, I hope you can make more of that :|
never looked at it that way :lol:
Zardoz

Post by Zardoz »

Perhaps I can help with this :

I made it in 3d max some time ago, but when I try to port to md2\md3, the model looks very ugly in openGl render. But perhaps I can make some nice HD sprites from it.
Mtzfire

Post by Mtzfire »

Zardoz wrote:Perhaps I can help with this :

I made it in 3d max some time ago, but when I try to port to md2\md3, the model looks very ugly in openGl render. But perhaps I can make some nice HD sprites from it.
That's really cool, and could help get all the static objects and items done.

For monsters, though, it's very difficult. It's hard to model them and keep them looking good and "DOOM-ish" in quick time. They usually take really long to do, unless you are just a top notch artist. I mean if you're just a good born-artist then I'd say go for it :wink:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Zardoz wrote:I made it in 3d max some time ago, but when I try to port to md2\md3, the model looks very ugly in openGl render.
I wouldn't mind seeing what it looked like in game. Do you have a model that you could share?
Zardoz

Post by Zardoz »

Enjay wrote:
Zardoz wrote:I made it in 3d max some time ago, but when I try to port to md2\md3, the model looks very ugly in openGl render.
I wouldn't mind seeing what it looked like in game. Do you have a model that you could share?
Yes, It actually need some minor adapt ions to render inside of the game. For example the candles flames, need to be replaced by a textures (actually I did using 3d Max fire effect + glow), fuse the 2 textures that I'm using in a single texture.
But the real thing that make to look very ugly, it's that the opengl rendered that have ZDoom, Zandronum, etc... NOT HAVE VERTEX LIGHTING.
Attachments
candelabro1.png
candelabro1.png (27.96 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

GZDoom 1.6.00 have vertex light http://www.osnanet.de/c.oelckers/gzdoom ... 1-6-00.zip but it glithes on my videocard
Zardoz

Post by Zardoz »

I upload the model here : It's over a Creative Commons License, so feel free to edit, adapt or what you need.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2716434/CBraa.rar
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks. It looks neat. As I suspected, it is far too complicated to be converted to an MD3 as-is (which is what I thought I might do with it) but it might serve as a useful base for working on.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I'm rly curious about how Arch-Ville will looks like...
brainz80

Post by brainz80 »

@thief666: Any updates on the HD -sprites? Still having problems with Brütal Dooms sprites? They seem to be PNG:s - just add the extension to the file. You'll probably have to rename it back again when you're done.
Nice work so far ;)
MrDeAD1313

Post by MrDeAD1313 »

Realllly wish i knew how to do this. I'm dying to see how this project turns out! Grabbed the few that were released and absolutely love them! really excited for the cyberdemon too. i saw a pic of the demon (pinky) in a video and it was my favorite one so far!. havent seen it on here yet..? maybe i overlooked it. either way, i'm gonna look into learning this hi res sprite thing and hopefully contribute to the project as well. Any suggestions on programs/software i should look into?
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

brainz80 wrote:@thief666: Any updates on the HD -sprites?
Don't you think if the author had any updates he would have posted them?
brainz80 wrote:Still having problems with Brütal Dooms sprites?
Oh, please no. How many people will still be asking for stuff like this? "PLZ MAKE IT COMPETIBLE WITH AEOD KTNHX".
brainz80 wrote:They seem to be PNG:s - just add the extension to the file.
lol
favorito

Post by favorito »

Recorded a playthrough of the first episode the other day with the HD sprites in full force - looks great! Just thought I'd share, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idBVx5-VZVo

And Merry Christmas!
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Pinky's face looks nice and scary! Keep up the good work!
Kaal979

Post by Kaal979 »

Yeah - these rotten faces make them more ridiculous than else!
True demons imo. look more seducing and intriguing intelligent.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”