Imminent Firestorm [TBA] (New Soundtrack?)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Terrorized666

Imminent Firestorm [TBA] (New Soundtrack?)

Post by Terrorized666 »

^ got bored one day with GIMP... Might change that as well...

*** New Soundtrack?! ***
I have been thinking of changing the soundtrack, yet again! Mostly cause I don't really wanna use the Painkiller soundtrack, as it is used alot... I mostly wanted something "new" so I have been searching and searching. I have found tons of good stuff (all free to use :D ) but I still can't decide if people would enjoy it... So I ask you all, fellow Doomers, to ask you all if it would fit!

Some of the tracks I uploaded to my podcast thingy on my website, as I don't wanna upload any of these to Youtube.
http://terrorizedproductions.webs.com/apps/podcast/

Well I figured I should quit hiding and post this up... A project that has been in the works for... 6 years? off and on... 4 restarts... and almost losing it all to my hard drive crashing... This all kind of started way back when my life pretty much hit bottom (cause I was a loser and had no friends.) I was never really gonna take this serious and was only gonna be just levels with replacement images for just myself. But some classmates saw me workin on this at school and wanted to try it out. I let them, and lets just say they couldn't believe I was capable of building, well anything... but enough of my pathetic life... About the mod.

The plan? Replace all 32 Doom II levels with new monsters, weapons, props, etc. Please note that this mod is nowhere near complete. Any feedback is great, cause it encourages me to work harder.

PLEASE NOTE - This is all being built in ZDoom (Doom in Doom Format) as I'm not smart to even make a working door in Hexen format :3:
This will be played in GZDoom as that is what I test it with.

Lame ass story
Spoiler:

Videos:
Spoiler:

Some Newer Screenshots
Spoiler:
Old screenshots
Spoiler:
Some old as f**k screenshots (I can't believe they still exist! xD)
Spoiler:

Old video with no gameplay sound... Which was an error with my old old family computer. (everything or just about everything has been changed since that video was made)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKpK7N04blQ

HELP ME PLEASE!
I'm looking for some "Medical" textures. Stuff like medical posters, or anything else you would find in a hospital or surgery places.
Help with a new melee system. Message me if your interested and want info!
I also need an old looking sniper rifle, as posted here - http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34265

Thanks for taking the time to look :)

My website - http://terrorizedproductions.webs.com/a ... 1-imminent
(Old versions of the mod are there, but they aren't that good)

My Deviant Art account - http://666deathrider666.deviantart.com/gallery/33176014
I upload screens there more often

EDIT: New Soundtrack?
-New Screens
-Requests!
Last edited by Terrorized666 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Djiel

Re: Imminent Firestorm [TBA]

Post by Djiel »

Looks/sounds interesting enough :)
Just wondering why you are limiting your available options in the mapping by using the Doom in Doom format.
You're obviously capable of creating maps, so saying you're not smart enough to use Hexen format seems silly :P
There's always youtube and google for finding information anyway :D
Might be a pain to convert things if you're already pretty far though.

Anyway, keep at it. Will there be anything playable soon?
Terrorized666

Post by Terrorized666 »

Djiel wrote:Looks/sounds interesting enough :)
Just wondering why you are limiting your available options in the mapping by using the Doom in Doom format.
You're obviously capable of creating maps, so saying you're not smart enough to use Hexen format seems silly :P
There's always youtube and google for finding information anyway :D
Might be a pain to convert things if you're already pretty far though.
Yes I know, and believe me when I say I've tried many times to do it in Hexen format xD I just feel... whats the word... overwhelmed?
Another reason that I'm sticking with the simpler format is cause I MIGHT have a friend that would be willing to learn it and help out with the mapping, which would greatly speed up the building :D
Djiel wrote:Anyway, keep at it. Will there be anything playable soon?
Once I redo all the levels that I currently have to fit a better standard and not look so n00bish I'll put something out. It would most likely be lvls 1-12 if anything, cause I do have those levels from before, then I jumped around from there when I had good ideas, like lvl20,21,28,29,30,31 xD

To kind of give you an idea on how fast I'm workin on this... I'm still on lvl 1, which is about MAYBE 80% done. Its mostly finishing up the last area and fixing up anything else that looks out of place and such, adding monsters and items, blah blah blah... But with me having university, I really don't get much time to work on it... which goes to, again, hoping that a friend would be able to help out *crosses fingers*
Springy

Post by Springy »

Looks good so far needing any beta tester's?
Djiel

Post by Djiel »

Terrorized666 wrote:Yes I know, and believe me when I say I've tried many times to do it in Hexen format xD I just feel... whats the word... overwhelmed?
I understand :)
Many years ago I often fooled around with DEU2 and somewhere early this year, I first attempted DoomBuilder2 and I had the same issue. The Doom in Doom format was instantly familiar from back in the day but having seen modern day things I wanted more (like slopes, 3d floors etc). The first day I also struggled even with doors (couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make the door need a key :D) but it all became clear quite fast, it's not all that much more complicated. It just seems that way.
Terrorized666 wrote:which goes to, again, hoping that a friend would be able to help out *crosses fingers*
Regarding this, perhaps I could help you out here and there? I'm not very good at coming up with stuff from nothing.. but if you can provide clear designs (or at the very least guidelines) perhaps I could be of assistance :)
I think I can do fine in creating the looks of the environment, just not the actual level layout (lack of experience :P ).

Anyway, it's just an offer.. take it, or don't :D
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I can't remember where in the web I've foud a demo of it some time ago. It is a very cool mod! :D
Terrorized666

Post by Terrorized666 »

Springy wrote:Looks good so far needing any beta tester's?
When I finish the first 12 lvls and happy with it, everyone will get a chance to try it :D
Djiel wrote:I first attempted DoomBuilder2 and I had the same issue. The Doom in Doom format was instantly familiar from back in the day but having seen modern day things I wanted more (like slopes, 3d floors etc). The first day I also struggled even with doors (couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make the door need a key :D) but it all became clear quite fast, it's not all that much more complicated. It just seems that way.
Yah... but you can still have slopes in Doom format, and some other things that Hexen format has, but its just harder to do them, or are worded differently xD Slope is 'panel' in Doom format xD
Djiel wrote:Regarding this, perhaps I could help you out here and there? I'm not very good at coming up with stuff from nothing.. but if you can provide clear designs (or at the very least guidelines) perhaps I could be of assistance :)
I think I can do fine in creating the looks of the environment, just not the actual level layout (lack of experience :P ).
Thanks bro. I don't really need any help so far... its mostly just getting ME to sit down and do it xD. I can usually sit down and add in the finer details... its just when I go test the game I get side tracked... then go do something else :3: But I will keep you in mind if I need yah :) cause I know what I want for lvls 1-15 ish... it would be going from 16 to 20 that I might have issues with, but I'll find out when I get there :D
Ravick wrote:I can't remember where in the web I've found a demo of it some time ago. It is a very cool mod! :D
It was most likely from here... at least it should be.
http://terrorizedproductions.webs.com/a ... 1-imminent
I know I've talked about it on Realm667, and on Deviant Art... I think Wads In Progress was another one :?
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

you know you can always ask for help in doom in hexen but i recomend learning to use UDMF its all of the above doom in doom doom in hexen etc.
Terrorized666

Post by Terrorized666 »

Made a new video, its only the first level, but its at least something.
Terrorized666

Re: Imminent Firestorm [TBA] (New Soundtrack?)

Post by Terrorized666 »

I have been thinking of changing the soundtrack, yet again! Mostly cause I don't really wanna use the Painkiller soundtrack, as it is used alot... I mostly wanted something "new" so I have been searching and searching. I have found tons of good stuff (all free to use :D ) but I still can't decide if people would enjoy it... So I ask you all, fellow Doomers, to ask you all if it would fit!

Some of the tracks I uploaded to my podcast thingy on my website, as I don't wanna upload any of these to Youtube.
http://terrorizedproductions.webs.com/apps/podcast/
Average

Post by Average »

Looking good. As an aside are you still working on Bloody Sins?
Terrorized666

Post by Terrorized666 »

Average wrote:Looking good. As an aside are you still working on Bloody Sins?
Very little... mostly cause I've got a full time job, and by the time I get home, I'm tired and just don't wanna do anything :/ The only thing that I'm stuck at in Bloody Sins at the moment, is the underground cave system, which leads to a huge waterfall (which also reminds me, I got to find a waterfall texture somewhere :/)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”