[WIP] YAD-64M

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
HellCattX

<

Post by HellCattX »

still having alot of issues with texture replacements. Got about 1/4 of the way done and now if i add or remove any it seems to make the wad go ploop.
For this reason, and for the fact i got school coming up in 4 days i am going to release the beta now, in case i cant work on it for the next 6 weeks or so. I probably will make a few updates before monday, however, it will be mostly unfinished.

This Releases works so far with Doom2, Plutonia, and TNT. Doom 2 has some texture issues, but i cant delete them out with out wrecking the wad.
Basic monsters are there minus a doom64 themed revy and archy, with some tweeks to basic monsters including : Zombie man may drop the light auto rifle at 5/255 % chance, if not just drops clip ammo. Shotgun zombie drops the shotgun at 15/255 chance, but drops shells. The Chaingunner drops chaingun ammo now, uses pistol fire/gatling fire sounds, and drops a chaingun at 15/255. Imps didnt change much, but the nightmare imps spawn at a small chance anytime a imp could. the Pain Elemental shoots like the doom64 counterpart, by firing 2 lost souls at once, the hell knights and barons launch the proper red/green projectiles. the rest are just graphic replacements, outside the spidermastermind sprite edit, that you can totaly tell was just slapped together lol.

A few objects are also pushable, like both types of barrels, the candleabra, and what not. the hanging gore is still getting hieght tweeked to fit on the roof properly, color for the blue torches are still un fixed.

Weapons are in abundance in this mod as well, with the basic doom weapons with a few extras, and a few been cut out.
Slot 1 : Fist , chainsaw
Slot 2 : Pistol , Light Automatic Rifle
Slot 3 : Shotgun, SuperShotgun
Slot 4 : Chaingun, Gatlinggun
Slot 5 : Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Flaregun
Slot 6 : Plasma Rifle
Slot 7 : BFG9000, BFG2704, BFG 10k
Slot 8 : Unmaker
Slot 9 : Railgun, Spikegun, Freeze Rifle

Weapons Changes:
Fist : swings left, then right, both powered by beserk powerup!
Pistol : Semiauto, fires as fast as you click the mouse. does 3 damage instead of 5.
Light Automatic Rifle : does 4 damage, slow cycling full auto weapon, looks like shotgun to mimic zombie man weapon, used to be auto pistol.
Shotgun : Semiauto, can only fire again after the weapon pumps.
Super Shotgun : Same Semiauto System.
Chaingun : Uses Chaingun ammo, and has a spin down delay only, does 5 damage.
Gatlinggun : Also uses Chaingun ammo, has spin up and down delay, fires faster than chaingun and does 6 damage.
Grenade Launcher : Multi grenade launching system, has a rotating launch tube.
Spike gun : Totaly new graphics, now is double barreled quake style nailgun.
Flaregun : new single shot weapon, lobs a flare then bounces and burns a slow burn, was supost to light a room, but zdoom dont do that.
The rest still function the same.

Cheating will not give you all the weapons just the basic doom weapons + the doom64 unmaker, The rest of the weapons can only be found in the test level provided and you cannot leave the level with them. Idkfa still gives the demon keys, but it shouldnt power up any other weapons other than the unmaker, but the shotguns may still get powered up, i dont remember if i removed that system.

Any issues Let me know, and ill try and fix them while i have the time to.

Ya'r! here be yar link you pirating swine! It be me fondish wishes that me booty stays in tow for a while yet before they get taken to new claims. At least not to the seeing eyes, Lest you be taken for a Keel Haul'n.
Last edited by HellCattX on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HellCattX

Re: [WIP] YAD-64M

Post by HellCattX »

update time!
Fixed the blue torches
Refined the mgl rotation frames
Added Micro Rocket Shotgun and micro rockets
added the mother demon from doom64 but is only encountered in the test level.
A few other fixes to random bits here and there.

Got 35 downloads for beta 0.01 lets see if i can get more for 0.02!
Last edited by HellCattX on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaal979

Post by Kaal979 »

Did you see this mod existed already completed?
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34263
I suggest to decrease the monster sizes abit more to original
and also to separate the weapon file for more customizability.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

You don't need to advertise your mod in other peoples' threads. There is plenty of room on this forum for more than one mod based on Doom 64.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

@Kaal979, yes i've looked at you're mod in passing, but it wasnt what i first had in mind.

but like stated before initially this was suppost to be a graphics replacement only that was compatible will all doom wads, but that failed and this mod was born. Its like as soon as soon as i started to mod doom64, basic doom graphics just dont cut it anymore, and this mod is to be my first doom64 ish mod, that may have a small episode count, but not right away. Still has its basic premise of a graphics replacement, but with extras!
There is no point to the UAC testing Facility map, besides to check graphics, make sure sprites work, and to have alittle adventure. There is no end to the Testing Facility, so to exit you need to hit esc -> newgame lol.

But With all the people that have downloaded it, i was hoping for a comment or two on improvements, weapons, bugs ect, however no such luck it seems lol.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I played a little bit of it tonight, I'll play some more tomorrow, but my initial impressions are good. I played through a little of Episode 1 with a contrast wad to darken the lighting a bit and a PSX music wad and it's got a good Doom 64 feel right now. Good work so far, I like how the sprites are appropriately sized too, since everything is a bit stretched out and tall in the regular Doom 64 wads. I also like the light assault rifle addition. My only criticism so far is that the little wind-down sound for the chaingun might get a little annoying since it's a little loud, but that's probably just me (since I was mostly firing it in short bursts, so I heard it a lot :P).
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Toned the wind down sound to 75% its normal level, doing a few other little tweeks here and there, probably update it tomorrow. For a quick fix, go into the weapons lmp, scroll down to the chaingun / gattlinggun part and add ,0.75 after chan_weapon, like this A_PlaySound("Weapons/Spindown",CHAN_WEAPON,0.75) and you should be alright, might wanna do it to both the gatlinggun and chaingun, mayhaps the grenade launcher too, as it uses the spin sounds as well.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I also noticed that nightmare Imps/regular Imps will infight, but I don't know if they did that in Doom 64 or not.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

i think they did normaly, or at least in my brains i remember they may have been infighters. Got busy getting ready for training the last few day so little work go done. However in the next few days once i get a couple of hours to my self, ill post an update. So far The pistol Frames have been fixed, and now has a slide back animations. Couple of Tweeks to coding, Sound Reductions, and a few other things, and hopefuly going to try and sneak a few more textures in if i can.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Updated, Didnt get any new textures, Pistol has slide back frames, Chaingun shakes like the n64 verson as does the gatlinggun. The super shotgun and rocket launcher Push the player back like the n64 versions do. No new items, monsters or weapons this time. A few other little details, but i cant remember them all.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

Minor update, some code tweeks, used Dr.Docter's enhanced unamker sheet to animate the unamker, also speeds up animations with demon keys power up.

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... ad-64m.zip
proman232
Location: I am everyone, everywhere, anyhow, anyway, anywhere, any-day.

Post by proman232 »

When I play this wad, it's easy to appreciate the new take on an old game, but it's even easier to appreciate the nostalgia. Keep up the amazing work, bro!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

So how do these demon keys work? Are they in the regular levels yet?
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

They still cant be found in normal levels, however if you use idkfa cheat, or give keys, they just so happen to be added to your inventory. There is not much i can do to stop this, as a result the umaker will fire fully charged after you cheat. I think the shotgun may fire explosive slugs when you have the keys, as i think i forgot to remove that, however nothing else should have a powered up effect yet....
However, i dont know how or if i am going to add the demon keys in the default levels outside of cheating, as they kinda need to be picked up in order or the weapon dont power up, they do right now for testing reason, but its all amatter to deleting 2 lines and they dont no more lol.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

In that case,would you consider adding auto-fire back to the shotgun and pistol? I think you tied that into the demon keys, right? It can just make fighting some of the tougher enemies rough when all you've got is a shotgun or pistol, since it involves lots and lots of clicking.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”