ZHalloween [is this even still being worked on?!]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

I think there's on-line storage places where you can upload the file instead of here (I personally reached my Upload Quota Maximum and I can't upload anything else anymore so I'm looking into that stuff now).
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

Yeah, I know. Maybe I should use whatever it is that Kirby uses... Seems like that works well.

Edit: Uploading...

Edit 2: Ok, got them up. http://webstorage.btinet.net
Username (or whatever it is): mijnnamkceid AT aol DOT com
Password: jdieckma

There are four in there.
Battle1_loop.zip is a possible battle song for the boss fight (hey, there's gotta be one)
Chant1_loop.zip is the creepy chanting and crap
Souls_loop.zip is longer creepy ambience
ThornAmb11_loop.zip is also more creepy ambience
Wasted Youth

Post by Wasted Youth »

To make it really creepy is atmosphere and ambience. Don't need to have music always playing. Music would be good for an intro, cut scene, a special area, and ending. The rest of the time would be just a lot of ambience.
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

BetaSword wrote:There are four in there.
Battle1_loop.zip is a possible battle song for the boss fight (hey, there's gotta be one)
Chant1_loop.zip is the creepy chanting and crap
Souls_loop.zip is longer creepy ambience
ThornAmb11_loop.zip is also more creepy ambience
Thanks Jim! :P

Edit: Umm, other than ThornAmb11, the other 3 downloaded as 0KB files.... WTH?
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

No prob. And damn, I forgot it asked for your name, and displays it... But yep, that's my name. Wowee.

Edit: I have no clue... They should work... I mean, I uploaded them...
Edit 2: Ok, damn thing isn't working right. On to other storage options!
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

Heh umm I htink that site in general is pissy. It waits a long time to download one file and once it brings up the dialog box to let you choose the folder where you want to save the file and you click 'save', it takes one second to download a multi-MB file and that's it. Sometimes it actually downloads the file though, and sometimes it doesn't (which leads me to believe that during that long wait the bastard's caching). Well I'm gonna try a few more times....
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

Ok, well I found an alternate place to try... And it's... Get this... Swiss! But hey, free file storage is free file storage. So too bad.

Edit: BUA HA HA HA!!! FINALLY!!! Oi... http://www.tiomeg.com
användarnamn (username): BetaSword
lösenord (password): jdieckma

Click on the .zip icon next to the file name on the left side, then on the new screen that comes up, above the filename, click on Hamta (or whatever) to download. You can do that for all of them, and this time, it should work!
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

OK first of all what language is that? Whatever it is it calls a garbage can a "Papperskorgen!" :o

And secondly, ThornAmb11's very nice too! Battle is cool, but it's not scary. I guess it could be used elsewhere though. Soul is VERY nice. Chant is kind'a weird because it almost sounds like you're in the middle of an African village. And then the church bells make you feel like you're in the middle of an old 12th century European town center. I think as far as scary goes, ThornAmb11 and Souls are definitely keepers! Quite spooky! But you could also try music from Half-Life and it's expansions. There's a good deal of scary-ass music in there that freaks me out whenever I hear it. Especially in a dark railcar tunnel! :wink: :P
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

It's Swiss!

And I could continue looking through the CoH files to see if there's anything else of use... I know there's a lot of very good looping ambient noises for various things... But I don't think there will be many computers... Or PA systems... But yeah, still nice.
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

Heh yeah true but you need to take a look at the music from creepy games, including but not limited to Half-Life.

BTW I'm ashamed for not recognizing a language that is basically German at the core. Shame on me. :(
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

OKAY, I listened to both of the music files, and I liked the wadsong (dubbed "creepy"), but it needs to be looped better. I think we can use the cellar1 music as some interval (like cutscenes maybe). I will go searching for music as well. If you would like to help, you can help me search at http://www.laurasmidiheaven.com

Also, I will need some help creating graphics for the decorate, as I am not very good at doing them by myself :P

What was the progam to use in making Fractal music again? I though it was FractalMus but when searching for it all I got were these website on Fractal Music and no downloads :(

And I am still in search of a sppoky helloween skybox or a full moon skybox :)

EDIT: Heres a collection of three songs I have found so far. tell me what you think!
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

From least spooky to spookiest: crawlin, scary-head-spin, stalker.... :yup: In fact I think I'd just go with stalker, and maybe scary-head-spin, but crawlin is just, well, more like a regular E1M8-type MIDI or something like that....
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Still looking for help on the graphics :)

@Geedougg - Thanx, Now I know which ones to use!
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

Heh no problem. :)

Sorry what specific graphics are you looking for?
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

geedougg wrote:Heh no problem. :)

Sorry what specific graphics are you looking for?
Mutilated bodies, jack-o-lanterns, various body parts, etc. I have made one mutilated leg using the leg of a dead zombie, but I'm gonna need help with more of the stuff.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”