Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ChronoSeth

Re: Samsara - v0.2 - WHOOPS CRITICAL BUG FIXES

Post by ChronoSeth »

The Thing Thing wrote:And with the hac-x guy can you make it so that when your chartacter uses a ammo type 1 weapon (in this case the pistol and the uzi) it uses 1 round instead of 2 rounds so that way you dont run out of type 1 ammo in a major firefight ?
The Uzi doesn't use two rounds per shot.

The pistol uses two rounds per shot because it fires two bullets.
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

I wonder if your going to add Caleb on there?
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

There's a lot of characters I'd like to have, the question is space, resources, and roles.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

So....

Duke's mighty boot doesn't work the way it does in vanilla. Would you like that? I'd have a bunch of structure to build, as well as some TEXTURES work to ensure the gunflashes appear the way they should, but it can be activated with a separate button rather than altfire once everything's in place, and the weapons can fire at the same time. No ETA on that though, I'm still going over the pipebomb being shootable first.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Making a double post to make sure this gets spotted: can Duke's pipebombs be shot out of the air? The required flag I have to turn off to make the pipebombs shootable is NOBLOCKMAP. It can be reset when the pipebomb comes to rest with A_ChangeFlag(), or reset on the projectile itself depending on whether they can be shot in the air.

Edit: Hmm, looks like some behavior changed between the latest GZDoom and the SVN... pipebombs wouldn't blow up in the SVN but they would on the latest official GZDoom. I haven't been able to test with ZDoom just yet, that's next... but might be a bug that's the issue. I used t7d.wad for a control as it had shootable rockets since forever and that works no matter what version of GZDoom I use, so if I can track down where this changed at I'll make sure to report it.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Has it become possible to get rid of the top weapon bar thing? I've just noticed I tend to be very disinclined to play this mod just because of the distractingly huge hud :|
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Duke's mighty boot doesn't work the way it does in vanilla. Would you like that? [...] No ETA on that though, I'm still going over the pipebomb being shootable first.
Whoah, that'd be awesome if you could do that! I'd sincerely appreciate it--take your time, though, I'm certainly in no rush. :p
Also, implemented your Freezethrower fixes. That did the trick easily, thanks!

Has it become possible to get rid of the top weapon bar thing? I've just noticed I tend to be very disinclined to play this mod just because of the distractingly huge hud :|
The hud could use some less real estate

For you. <3
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

TerminusEst13 wrote:There's a lot of characters I'd like to have, the question is space, resources, and roles.
Caleb can wait. Most of his weapons are variations of dynamite anyway, which you'll probably want to save for until you get variable throwing working with Duke's pipebomb first.

Any plans for females? All I could think of that'd potentially fit in with the retro aspect are Lorelei Ni/Thi Barrett (ROTT) and Eleena (Eradicator)
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Or the Dominatrix from In Pursuit of Greed. =P
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

leileilol wrote:Caleb can wait. Most of his weapons are variations of dynamite anyway
I think Caleb's role is "Bloodshedder" or something like that hence why most of his weapons are variations of dynamite.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Oh one more thing about Duke: is he supposed to select the shotgun every new level, or when waiting too long? I would have thought he'd go back to whatever weapon he was holding. If so I'll fix that too.
caco_killer

Post by caco_killer »

I noticed the audio files for Duke sound very compressed. Do you plan on fixing that in a future version?
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Is it possible to have a damage buff for Corvus? I'm trying to play through CC4 levels and I'm constantly running out of ammo. Playing as Duke I seem to be fine.
Perhaps a critical hit system?

One more thing, can there be a mutator that changes the jetpack to something else? (perhaps the expander weapon?)
TerminusEst13

Re: Samsara - v0.21 - QoL shit errywhere!

Post by TerminusEst13 »

And v0.21 is released. The majority of this stuff is mostly QoL stuff, little polishes and enhancements that make everything neater and shinier. Still, it's not without some big stuff--bots for Zandronum players, LMS support, and the Super Large Zorcher!

As always, please enjoy, and thank you all for your support.
I noticed the audio files for Duke sound very compressed. Do you plan on fixing that in a future version?
Well, that's intentional. I forget exactly how many taunts Duke has, but it's over 450. That many uncompressed sound effects bloat file size like absolutely nothing else. Thus, all the non Duke 3D taunts were reduced to Duke 3D's bitrate and compression, not just to match audio consistency but also to cut down on filesize.
I might release an optional add-on later that restores all them back to their original quality, but I'm pretty sure it'll be very, very large and thus very, very optional.
Is it possible to have a damage buff for Corvus? I'm trying to play through CC4 levels and I'm constantly running out of ammo. Playing as Duke I seem to be fine.
I've been frowning at Corvus for a while. He relies quite a bit on the Tome of Power, which sends his overall DPS compared to the others through the roof. Problem is getting to it beforehand--especially considering how much this brutalizes him in PvP.
I'm hesitant to have a flat damage buff, but it might be what he needs.
Oh one more thing about Duke: is he supposed to select the shotgun every new level, or when waiting too long? I would have thought he'd go back to whatever weapon he was holding. If so I'll fix that too.
He's supposed to go back to the weapon he's holding, yeah--I've been wondering about so much stuff with him how you say "I can do that" is just amazing. Are you a wizard? :p
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
E.C.S

Re: Samsara - v0.21 - QoL shit errywhere!

Post by E.C.S »

Anyone else having this error when trying to enable the weapons bar?:

"Unknown p-code 134 in script 217"

This happened to me in Doom 2 with all the characters.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”