Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ChronoSeth

Re: Samsara - v0.2 - WHOOPS CRITICAL BUG FIXES

Post by ChronoSeth »

Another glitch: duke's weapons can be switched away from before the animation ends. It's most obvious with the shotguns and RPG, and can lead to a major exploit if you have good timing (constantly switch between two weapons and nearly double your firing rate).
Robomorons

Post by Robomorons »

Are you gonna put Strifeguy and Danny Evanger (The dude from Hacx(preferably the 2.0 version)) in the mod? Because it won't be complete without them. I dunno about Harmony and C735 (From Virus) though.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Robomorons wrote:I dunno about Harmony and C735 (From Virus) though.
They're kinda young for this mod's purposes.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Another glitch: duke's weapons can be switched away from before the animation ends. It's most obvious with the shotguns and RPG, and can lead to a major exploit if you have good timing (constantly switch between two weapons and nearly double your firing rate).
Not a glitch, actually, that's how Duke 3D's weapons worked--the only weapon whose reload you couldn't mousescroll away from was the Pistol/M1911. I'm not terribly fond of it, because of the exploit you mentioned, but if that's how Duke 3D did it then that's how Duke 3D did it.
I dunno about Harmony and C735 (From Virus) though.
Echoing what Xuta said. Plus, both of them are more on the indie front, rather than being with an official franchise, so I don't know how cool they'd be with me asking permission to effectively steal their thunder. Also, another big problem is that neither of them have near enough weapons for the typical nine-weapon Doom loadout.
Also also, Duke's jetpack breaks enough maps as it is. A character based entirely around flight, rather than just having it as a powerup, would break so many more things it's not even funny.
Even then, if I ever figured out how to get flight working fairly (not likely), you're more likely to see the Pyro GX than C735.
Sorry.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Not a glitch, actually, that's how Duke 3D's weapons worked--the only weapon whose reload you couldn't mousescroll away from was the Pistol/M1911. I'm not terribly fond of it, because of the exploit you mentioned, but if that's how Duke 3D did it then that's how Duke 3D did it.
Okay then. I had figured that it had to do with the way the mighty boot was implemented. It seems a bit silly to implement something which you yourself don't even like, but whatever. :P

Maybe a good compromise would be to make the weapons reload when you switch back to them after skipping the animation?
Robomorons

Post by Robomorons »

Well again, what about Strifeguy and Danny?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Strifeguy is too powerful. Mauler torpedo, white phosphorus incendiary grenades, and of course the Sigil: three BFG-level superweapons. Poison crossbow is very powerful too.

The WP grenades alone are an ultimate superweapon that can kill just about everything except the alien spectres which are protected by an immunity. Seriously. Sunder with incendiary grenades is a piece of cake.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Gez wrote:Strifeguy is too powerful. Mauler torpedo, white phosphorus incendiary grenades, and of course the Sigil: three BFG-level superweapons. Poison crossbow is very powerful too.

The WP grenades alone are an ultimate superweapon that can kill just about everything except the alien spectres which are protected by an immunity. Seriously. Sunder with incendiary grenades is a piece of cake.
The sigil uses health, the phosphorus grenades are very dangerous to use, and the mauler torpedo uses health and rather a lot of ammo. All three can also easily be nerfed. :P
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

I don't the the phosphorus grenades could be called easy to nerf. He'd probably have to remake them entirely to make them less deadly.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I'd also just like to point out that, being that this is primarily multiplayer-focused, using health as ammo isn't really much of a downside when health pickups and players respawn.

Sorry.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Duke'ing through Chex Quest is amusing.

Samsara is a bit of an uninspiring name though. I would've called it Versus '96 since it's like some sort of melting pot of 1996

Also playing through Hacx the breakable windows are noticeably more evil. Yes I know single player isn't a priority, just bringng that little thing up.

The hud could use some less real estate
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Now I've got this mental image of Duke complaining about the Flemoids stealing our chicks and all the bukkake gags that spew forth from that.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Well, maybe there was another reason that the Flemoids invaded Bazoik and Ralston. I don't see any Flemoid women. :p
Also playing through Hacx the breakable windows are noticeably more evil. Yes I know single player isn't a priority, just bringng that little thing up.
Noted, thank you. Iirc, the windows inherit from Cacodemons, so it's probably got something to do with that. I'll check it out.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Maybe these flemoids have no gender entirely, since they are a goo based creature
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

And with the hac-x guy can you make it so that when your chartacter uses a ammo type 1 weapon (in this case the pistol and the uzi) it uses 1 round instead of 2 rounds so that way you dont run out of type 1 ammo in a major firefight ?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”