Soulcrusher 1.3 (Officially a cacowards runner-up!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SamVision

Re: Soulcrusher Public Beta 1 is out!

Post by SamVision »

The enemies from Lameduke might fit in this.
Alterworldruler

Post by Alterworldruler »

How come nobody commented on the bosses yet? I wanted to know if they are too easy, too hard, uninteresting and that, so far I got nothing feedback-wise in this regard.
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

oh, i only got through the first boss. i will say that i felt like i was in a deathmatch. XD
i'm gonna fight it again later on, and feedbacks will be made. :)
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

74 Megs for music? A bit too much, try uploading in 7-Zip to minimize size and rants.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Don't use the music pack if it's too much? That's why it's separate and optional.

Also a compressed archive doesn't really do much for an already compressed audio format.
Alterworldruler

Hey everyone, i'm still working on this, I got one of two maps required for public beta 2 done. So i'm working on the last remaining one at the moment.
Spoiler:
However if you want to spoil yourself a surprise, check this spoiler out
Spoiler: New endboss
Alterworldruler

Re: Soulcrusher - Update on Page 1.

Hello everyone, pardon the little bump but I posted a major update on the first post about what Public beta 2 will contain and what not. Also 2 new screenshots :). This project is still well and alive.
Zdoomer1337

Post by Zdoomer1337 »

Is there a download yet?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Dude, read.
Alterworldruler

Zdoomer1337 wrote:Is there a download yet?
Public Beta 2 won't be out until most (if not all testers) will give their reports which will take a while, so you better be patient. Because I want to ensure that it will be a good mostly bugless experience for players.
Alterworldruler

Re: Soulcrusher Public beta 2 (Final version beta) is out!

It's out ladies and gentlemen, the final version beta! Download, enjoy and drop some feedback here so the final version will be even more fun.
Alterworldruler

Re: Soulcrusher Public beta 2 (Final version beta) is out!

Okay Public beta 2a is out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tefspvbk4qo2v6l/X3Main.wad

Changelog:
- I fixed the alignment of projectiles from the guns, be aware that it will take a bit before you get used to it.

- Added autosaves before all boss fights, removed redundant ones from STGATE (map02)

- I added in strafe key support for cutscenes/shops meaning that everyone who plays on WASD configs or whatever should have it running properly
Added a protip at start of the mod mentioning that on skill 3 (hard) and above you have to heal yourself manually via inventory and how you can use the spare armor to repair yourself.

- There's a confirmation sound when you make a purchase in a shop.

And other minor bugfixes that other people mentioned.

Sorry no fix for eaters yet, have no idea how to fix their "getting stuck in the wall" bug atm.
Estopolis

Re: Soulcrusher Public beta 2a is out!

Post by Estopolis »

Just finished this.

The levels were nice and pretty varied, the final large battles in particular were good.
The weapon sprites were good and the weapons were fun to use(Except for the Acid Grenade Launcher. Didn't like it much for some reason) and enemies were fun to fight.
Music was good.

The bosses for the most part were very good, however the last boss was rather easy because the attacks in general don't really.. Compensate for the large open area.
I pretty much just made a wide circle and was able to avoid everything easily.

Other than that, didn't notice much wrong except for what seems like a missing texture on one of the elevators.
Alterworldruler

Estopolis wrote: The bosses for the most part were very good, however the last boss was rather easy because the attacks in general don't really.. Compensate for the large open area.
I pretty much just made a wide circle and was able to avoid everything easily.

Other than that, didn't notice much wrong except for what seems like a missing texture on one of the elevators.
Well, I tried to make him harder by increasing the speed of his projectiles but that made him way too hard (as in unfair hard) and I didn't want to opt for an another spammy boss, instead something how to put it, more clever. Still thanks for playing it.
Estopolis

Post by Estopolis »

Well actually one part of the final boss's first form in particular that required attention.
The tracking blue waves followed with the large spread of waves going at the same time.

Not sure if it was two seperate attacks at that time or if it worked together, but still when those overlapped that required some thinking to dodge.

Thank you for all the hard work on this mod. It's a good one.
I'm surprised it's not getting that much attention though.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”