ZDL 3.2.2.2 Released (UPDATED August 8th 2012)

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: ZDL 3.2.2.2 Released (UPDATED August 8th 2012)

Post by Xtyfe »

What? Renamed it back to ZDL again? :p

Also, still have that issue where it fails to load an .ini file on launch despite it being in the same folder, loading one manually works though
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Xtyfe wrote:What? Renamed it back to ZDL again? :p
Yep, I needed a way to differentiate my ZDL from other ZDL, since Risen and co poached ZDL 3.1, and qZDL didn't quite have all the features of ZDL 3.1 yet. It was complicated. Now back to try and make it easier. ZDL4 will be based on Qt so might as well get people used to it now.
* I've had little sleep in the past couple days, I may not have made sense.
Xtyfe wrote:Also, still have that issue where it fails to load an .ini file on launch despite it being in the same folder, loading one manually works though
Try importing the current config. Or following the directions in the first post to disable the user config, if you REALLY want the zdl.ini in the current directory to be used.
Xtyfe
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Xtyfe »

Ahh i see, importing it fixed it :D. I guess I will toss the old .ini then since that seems to be an obsolete thing now
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Hey guys,
Sounds like you've been happy with 3.2.2.2! I haven't gotten much feedback, but I see lots of downloads, so that's exciting!

I just wanted to let you guys know that ZDL (core) development will be slowing down - It's time for me to start working on the Library system. I'll be doing some serious code restructuring soon, but I'm deliberately waiting until 3.2.2.2 has been out for a bit incase I need to fix anything (it's easy when the code-bases are the same).

The Library system will *not* be built in. I think Enjay would kill me. Instead, it's a separate module (plugin) that integrates with ZDL. I'm keeping code as stripped down as I can so that if you're not interested in the plugin system, you don't have to use it. Internally, everything basically 'will be a plugin'. The plugin system adds a whole new level of complexity. Thread synchronization and memory management are usually the top concerns.

The ZDL UI will basically become untouched. Even it's implementation details are going to be untouched.

I'm taking ideas and recommendations as to what you'd like to be able to do or see with the new Library system.
Average

Post by Average »

I've used 3.2.2.2 since release and have had no issues with it though I haven't played around with networking or multiplayer in general. Good luck with the library system. :)
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Hey guys!

ZDL 3.2.2.2 has just reached 500 downloads! Thanks everybody for being so awesome and patient! I can't devote as much time to ZDL as I would like, but it certainly encourages me to keep working when I see people actively using it and giving feedback!
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

I've been getting an error "The procedure entry point _ZNK9QCheckBox15minimumSizeHintEv could not be located in the dynamic link library QtGui4.dll" when I try to load it and overwrote all older qZDL files in my main Doom directory, what is this and how do I fix it?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

QBasicer wrote:The Library system will *not* be built in. I think Enjay would kill me. Instead, it's a separate module (plugin) that integrates with ZDL. I'm keeping code as stripped down as I can so that if you're not interested in the plugin system, you don't have to use it. Internally, everything basically 'will be a plugin'. The plugin system adds a whole new level of complexity. Thread synchronization and memory management are usually the top concerns.
So, I can cancel the team of assassin mercenaries that I was assembling? ;)

Seriously, all this talk of a library system did have me concerned that ZDL was about to start losing the simplicity that I like about the program. However, a plugin system is an excellent way of handling that and should manage to keep everyone happy.

Just for the record, I've been using 3.2.2.2 quite heavily since it was released and I have not had a single problem with it nor found it wanting in any area that I use it for.
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Mr. Chris wrote:I've been getting an error "The procedure entry point _ZNK9QCheckBox15minimumSizeHintEv could not be located in the dynamic link library QtGui4.dll" when I try to load it and overwrote all older qZDL files in my main Doom directory, what is this and how do I fix it?
Try looking for other qt dlls, zdl may be using the wrong ones.

Try extracting a fresh copy of zdl into it's own directory

I'm about to leave on vacation for a week so I can help you when I get back, unless somebody eelse here does.
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Enjay wrote:
Just for the record, I've been using 3.2.2.2 quite heavily since it was released and I have not had a single problem with it nor found it wanting in any area that I use it for.
Yay!!
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Finally got around to downloading 3.2.2.2 stable. I was still using a test build from the day before, here I was wondering why I kept getting update notifications for a version I had already. :lol:
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Extracting to its own directory worked :D
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

hi. i'm having some troubles using this new version of ZDL on here prior to the old one i downloaded a long time ago.

first of all, the application seems to 'freeze'. as in, i can't click on any of the buttons in the software except for the native minimize and exit ones in the upper-right corner, making the software unusable for me.

secondly, when i DID get it to run, i found it a bit frustrating that it didn't remember the folder which all my PWAD files are in, and i had to manually open it every time i run the thing. is there a way to get around this?
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:hi. i'm having some troubles using this new version of ZDL on here prior to the old one i downloaded a long time ago.

first of all, the application seems to 'freeze'. as in, i can't click on any of the buttons in the software except for the native minimize and exit ones in the upper-right corner, making the software unusable for me.

secondly, when i DID get it to run, i found it a bit frustrating that it didn't remember the folder which all my PWAD files are in, and i had to manually open it every time i run the thing. is there a way to get around this?
Hi there,
Thanks for trying out ZDL! I apologize for the difficulties you've encountered.

I can't help much without asking you to collect some diagnostic information for me. Please see http://zdl.vectec.net/wiki/Support on how to do that, and PM me the result.

I did add the support for remembering the last location the file dialog was in here: https://github.com/qbasicer/qzdl/issues/20 That was committed 4 months ago and included in ZDL 3.2.1.0. If you're still having issues, then I may need to revisit that code. Please collect the diagnostic information and I can try to figure out what's going on.

Thanks,
Q
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I've been using ZDL 3.1 for years now. Today I decided to finally try upgrading, so now I'm using this. And I have a quick question -- please forgive me if it's already been answered somewhere and I missed it.

In ZDL 3.1, DMFLAGS only applied to multiplayer games, but now they apply themselves to my singleplayer sessions, too. I'm not entirely sure I want that... is there an option or something that I can toggle to restore the old behavior? If not, it's not the end of the world; I'll just need to swap the flags when it's time for me to play multi.

Return to “Launchers”