GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.12d: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by MaxED »

Tormentor667 wrote:I have a strange problem. I updated GZDB from 1.07 to 1.12d and now all my dynamic lights are not being displayed anymore in visual mode but they worked fine before. The corresponding settings are activated and I didn't change anything. The things are there and working in 2D mode but do not work anymore in 3D mode :(
That's strange. I'm pretty sure I haven't touched dynamic lights rendering logic since 1.07. And, well, they are working fine on my PC...
Are they not working in any map (create a new map, place dynamic light there and see if that works)?
Try to rename/move GZBuilder.cfg, then launch GZDB to see if that's some sort of config error.
(I'm actually out of ideas here... :? )
Nash

Post by Nash »

Also try not loading gzdoom.pk3 into the resources - last time I had problems with dynamic lights not appearing, it was caused by having gzdoom.pk3 in the resources.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks Nash, that was actually the problem - though strange that it worked fine in 1.07 but not in 1.12.

By the way, is there a documentation how the bridge mode is working?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Nevermind, found :)
smoke_th

Post by smoke_th »

Code: Select all

Error in C:\games\zdoom-2.4.1\IOD_Terror.pk3\MODELDEF at line 72: expected model index, but got 'newstg'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'Inventory' to inherit from, while parsing 'INpharse:16000'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'SuperShotgun' to replace, while parsing 'NewSuperShotgun'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'BFG9000' to replace, while parsing 'Rifle'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'Weapon' to inherit from, while parsing 'Uzi:22112'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'Weapon' to inherit from, while parsing 'newstg:18000'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'CellPack' to replace, while parsing 'RifleBox'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'Cell' to replace, while parsing 'RifleAmmo'
Unable to find the DECORATE class 'Ammo' to inherit from, while parsing 'Roundclip:22101'
Problem 1 - newstg IS model index. :|
Problem 2 - those classes are embedded in doom/zdoom/gzdoom thus should not be considered to be found in decorate. :(
Problem 3 - Whenever i using gzdoom builder, it gains exclusive access to pk3 file with resources, so i can't change it, save it and press tools -> reload resources as i did in zdoom builder, and its already very annoying , since i need to close damn map every time i making small fixes in models and shit. >:(
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

smoke_th wrote:Problem 1 - newstg IS model index. :|
For some reason, I thought that model INDEX is supposed to be integer (at least thats what wiki told me)...
smoke_th wrote:Problem 2 - those classes are embedded in doom/zdoom/gzdoom thus should not be considered to be found in decorate. :(
You can safely ignore these warnings. Yes, those are base classes and they are all defined in (g)zdoom.pk3, but I don't think it's a good idea to create some sort of predefined classes list, because, well, there are too many of them and they may actually change one day.
smoke_th wrote:Problem 3 - Whenever i using gzdoom builder, it gains exclusive access to pk3 file with resources, so i can't change it, save it and press tools -> reload resources as i did in zdoom builder, and its already very annoying , since i need to close damn map every time i making small fixes in models and shit. >:(
I'll fix that in the next update.
Siberian Tiger
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

MaxED wrote:
Nash wrote:(I'm totally not missing the days of ZETH and WadAuthor without its Visual Mode and all. Also can't imagine mapping without UDMF anymore!)
I think good map editors, like Doom Builder or Slade3, is one of the reasons Doom community is alive and kicking[...]
Now if we can get Doom Builder 2 and it's branches to also work within the Linux and Mac platforms natively, that would greatly help others to use these fantastic applications on different platforms instead of just the Windows platform ;)
smoke_th

Post by smoke_th »

71 Model newstg 
72 {
73   Path "models/hud"
74   Model 0 "f_m3_t.md2"
75   Skin 0 "nshotgun.png"
76   Scale -1.0 1.0 1.0
78 	  Frame GMPH A 0 draw1
79 	  Frame GMPH B 0 draw10
80 	  Frame GMPH C 0 draw15
81 	  Frame GMPH D 0 draw19
82 	  Frame GMPH E 0 draw31
83 	  Frame GMPH F 0 shoot21
84 	  Frame GMPH G 0 shoot23
85 	  Frame GMPH H 0 shoot25
86 	  Frame GMPH I 0 shoot29
87 	  Frame GMPH J 0 shoot216
88 	  Frame GMPH K 0 shoot219
89 	  Frame GMPH L 0 shoot226
90 	  Frame GMPH M 0 shoot230
91 	  Frame GMPH N 0 shoot238
92  }
How the hell did your interpreter recognized start of model name/decorate link as later linkage to index? you really sure it parses {} for check correctly? Because from what i see - it just ignores {} and searches Model <actorname> OR Model <index> <filename>, resulting in such jamming.
Nash

Post by Nash »

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47355875/test01.wad

I can't directly edit the 3-d floor heights by pointing at it and rolling my mouse. The problem construct is the flat 3-d floor (the one with that pillar supporting it underneath... it's the only 3-d sector in this map anyway so you can't miss it).

Try it. It won't work. The only way to edit it is to edit the control sector, which is waaaaay west.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Siberian_Tiger wrote:Now if we can get Doom Builder 2 and it's branches to also work within the Linux and Mac platforms natively, that would greatly help others to use these fantastic applications on different platforms instead of just the Windows platform ;)
Doom Builder 2 is written in C# (which is a programming language developed by Microsoft) and uses DirectX for 3D rendering (which happens to be also developed by Microsoft). I know about Mono, but I don't think porting Doom Builder 2 to Mono + OpenGL will be an easy task (waaay to many differences).
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

smoke_th wrote:How the hell did your interpreter recognized start of model name/decorate link as later linkage to index? you really sure it parses {} for check correctly? Because from what i see - it just ignores {} and searches Model <actorname> OR Model <index> <filename>, resulting in such jamming.
You are referring to ActorName, not model index.
And yes, I completely forgot that you can reference model frames by name (this also will be fixed in the next update).
Currently this will work:

FrameIndex BFUG A 0 0

And this won't:

Frame BFUG A 0 SomeFrame
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Nash wrote:I can't directly edit the 3-d floor heights by pointing at it and rolling my mouse. The problem construct is the flat 3-d floor (the one with that pillar supporting it underneath... it's the only 3-d sector in this map anyway so you can't miss it).....
I've run into this myself with a map I am working on.
The culprit seems to be the size of the map. The only way I could get the 3D surface to move with the mouse was by scaling the map down.

But most of the times, that is not feasable, though.
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47355875/test01.wad

I can't directly edit the 3-d floor heights by pointing at it and rolling my mouse. The problem construct is the flat 3-d floor (the one with that pillar supporting it underneath... it's the only 3-d sector in this map anyway so you can't miss it).

Try it. It won't work. The only way to edit it is to edit the control sector, which is waaaaay west.
Actually, it also doesn't work in Doom Builder 2... I need some time to figure this out...
Nash

Post by Nash »

Oh, if that is the case, then it's alright. I imagine it's not an easy fix?

Also, what do you think of a drawing plugin that automatically associates the created sector with a 3-d floor, and automatically places the control sectors to a really far away spot, safe from the play area?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:Oh, if that is the case, then it's alright. I imagine it's not an easy fix?
Fixed in 1.12e.
Nash wrote:Also, what do you think of a drawing plugin that automatically associates the created sector with a 3-d floor, and automatically places the control sectors to a really far away spot, safe from the play area?
The idea is nice, but it'll create many problems, i'm afraid (basically, a new way to edit 3d-floor's properties and deleting it is required)... I need to think about it more...

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”