ZHalloween [is this even still being worked on?!]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Wasted Youth

Post by Wasted Youth »

I had an Idea like this not to long ago but it was like a Trick or Treat and there would be like 2 wads and one would be a Trick wad with a buch of random stuff and then the Treat wad would be really awsome and stuff.

Sign me up for mapping. Put me uh... End of Week 1 or something... Any time will be fine.

Edit: If you ever played Silent Hill 2 that is a perfect example of how to make a creepy game. I've played it and beat it but when I go and play it again I am still on edge even though I know that some of the monsters are pathetic and easy to avoid. Its all in the enviroment and the random sounds thats gets you thinking WTF.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Alright! Friday of week 1 is yours wasted_youth! I hjaven't played silent hill 2, but if you have, all the better! It would definitley help addto the scariness of the map!:D

EDIT: Wfor submission of sprites and decorations, post 'em her or send them to me at blanketboy25@yahoo.com
Erkki-x

Post by Erkki-x »

I have idea and question.

Idea: The player could start with only with fists, first weapon that is found could be baseballbat and second could be pistol.

Question: Should i make exploding shell version of super shotgun?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Unfortunately I am too busy withe the Episode 1 project these days, but nevertheless: Godd Luck! :)
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

Sign me up for Sunday, but is that this Sunday, the 10th, or a week after that? It really does not matter much, just wondering.
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Well this is no doubt a good idea. And I like the idea of mutilated corpses of babies (or whaever Cutman said) so yeah please make this as terrifying as you possibly could. Have it make Doom 3 look like a children's game if possible.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

farlowj wrote:Sign me up for Sunday, but is that this Sunday, the 10th, or a week after that? It really does not matter much, just wondering.
It would be the sunday after the 17th, the 24th I believe. As long as that is okay with you. If you want/need to work on it on the 17th, then I will start week 1 then.:)

@Erkki-x - Sounds like a good idea! Player starting off wtih fists first is good idea. I also think it is a good idea to make the exploding shotgun shells. :D

EDIT: Thanx Torm!:)

EDIT2: The cobwebs from Heretic and TNT Final Doom have been loaded, although they have a strange, blue-gray background color instead of clear (I'll try to find a way to fix it) Remember to look fro good Decorations and stuff!

@ Bouncy - When can you begin the decorate?

EDIT3: Fixed the texture prob (used bmp's instead of PNG's :P)
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Also, new textures are being looked for. I have added the cobwebs as said earlier and some old + modified tnt textures. New textures are just as welcome as otehr things! :D
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Jason Voorhees would be an awesome addition to a wad like this. You could waste him thoroughly and then he'd just keep popping back up. And you could have his ambient noise, the "ch ch ch, ah ah ah," one. You know the one...

I could definitely do sprites for this in less than a week except...

I just moved house, my computer's in pieces and I have a lot of commitments that are in no way related to doom...

Stupid girlfriend's sister's wedding...
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Kirby wrote:
farlowj wrote:

@ Bouncy - When can you begin the decorate?
just tell me what you need in Decorate and i'll IMMEADIATELY get to work on it the moment i read it.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Can I wait to add some DECORATE monsters and other things until it's my turn? Or do you want everything now?

Also, what about the music? Do you think that Fractal music will be okay for this?

(also, am I correct in assuming that Friday, Week 2 (mine) is the Friday before Halloween?)

8-)
Risen

Post by Risen »

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is fractal music?
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Caligari_87 wrote:Can I wait to add some DECORATE monsters and other things until it's my turn? Or do you want everything now?

Also, what about the music? Do you think that Fractal music will be okay for this?

(also, am I correct in assuming that Friday, Week 2 (mine) is the Friday before Halloween?)

8-)

Yes, the Friday of week two is the one you have, and it is the Fridady before Halloween. Also, like risen said, what IS fractal Music? :P

EDIT:For the decoratye, I was hoping sooner rather than later so that mappers could put them in when they started mapping, but if you need time to put them in for later, thats fine.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

What you need is some kind of banged up old mansion. Locked doors with keys. Keys which activate scripts to make windows smash, zombies or whatever flying through. Need corpses on the beds, blood smeered over random furniture. Organs in the microwave and screams in the distance. Boys and girls, what you need is to make everything say DEATH at you. Creepy paintings etc should do the trick.

Cutscenes are a must. But not too many mind you
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Fractal Music is music that is not generated with a MIDI sequencer, or anything like unto it. Instead, you choose the instruments and notes, the scale, etc, and then the program uses mathmatical fractals and chaos patterns to generate the notes. Look up "FractalMus" on the internet. It's free.

-----
cutmanmike wrote:What you need is some kind of banged up old mansion. Locked doors with keys. Keys which activate scripts to make windows smash, zombies or whatever flying through. Need corpses on the beds, blood smeered over random furniture. Organs in the microwave and screams in the distance. Boys and girls, what you need is to make everything say DEATH at you. Creepy paintings etc should do the trick.
This SCREAMS Silent Hill. I Love it. :)

8-)
Last edited by Caligari87 on Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”