[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

@Tormentor: when do we start?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I don't know but I will tell you as soon as I have all maps from week 3!
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I have some bad news: DB had screwed up the exit for E1M3 so I have had to sort it and in doing so lost some of the detail there. :cry:

On a more positive note, I have finally got screenies.
Last edited by TheDarkArchon on Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

My eyes!! :woh: :cry:
Not bad, the architecture is right there :)
But seriously-I want to see more areas but I think the monster ammount is well.. survivable.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I ought to deafen some of them. There is supposed to be about 4 per pool thing but they all wake up at once and, well, you see what happens.

EDIT: damn damn DAMN!! My "Fix" of the end has casued a "You need to fix these lines error. SHIT!!!!

DOUBL EDIT: Losing the door fixed THAT error. Whew!!
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

giest118 wrote:
geedougg wrote:The Quake-style lights and the lights on the ceiling are briliant. Simply amazing. Very nice work indeed. But why'd the shot green? Are you wearing a bio suite in that shot? (Don't get me wrong it looks cool. )
Risen wrote:Sorry about the tint, I had a radsuit when I took the shot.
:P
Further proof of my endless idiocity....
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Heh, that DOOM0023.png just looks so right to me... I want this wad now.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Apologies to all, but I've just lost all motivation for this. I'm really behind with SSD, I'm doing a ZDCTFMP3 map, and I've ran out of ideas for E1M9. Given that I probably won't touch it again, I'm uploading it now.

Changelog:

Coloured lights on the approaches to the locked doors and in the rooms behind red/yellow doors (not excessive).

Spinning power core thingies near the forcefield and the sloped door secret. (the forcefield ones were supposed to stop when it's shut off but I couldn't get it to work)

Extra detail (crates, consoles etc.) in many rooms.

Altered the chaingun secret so you now step on a crate to drop the lift rather than the sector.

A spinning blade thingy in the sludge tank room.

The green fog room now has wade-able sludge.

Consoles now have my patented realistic look round the sides.

Some hanging-off ceiling panels in the passage leading outside.

Extra rocks outside.

A cyberdemon in the middle (you knew I was going to...). He can be crushed later on, so evasion only is needed.

Tougher monsters planted in most areas.

Added ambient sounds to cyber-menace's areas.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Coloured lights on the approaches to the locked doors and in the rooms behind red/yellow doors (not excessive).
some of it is nice, some of it is ugly
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Spinning power core thingies near the forcefield and the sloped door secret. (the forcefield ones were supposed to stop when it's shut off but I couldn't get it to work)
cool
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Extra detail (crates, consoles etc.) in many rooms.
verycool
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Altered the chaingun secret so you now step on a crate to drop the lift rather than the sector.
i didnt live that long
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:A cyberdemon in the middle (you knew I was going to...). He can be crushed later on, so evasion only is needed.
OMGWTF? OMGWTF? you shouldnt see anything even REMOTELY colse to this powerfull untill AT LEAST after E1M7, i got killed countless times cause i couldnt get past him
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Tougher monsters planted in most areas.
you got that right... :( i cant even get the red key on skill1 :evil:

VERDICT:

NMN:
++ cool detail
++ polyobjects

MoD:
---- OMGWTF DIFFICULTY ON SKILL1!

TOTAL: 0 points
D-
i was afraid of what you would do...
cyber-menace

Post by cyber-menace »

Hehehe, I like the changes. They're subtle, yet very noticable. It certainly makes my area look a lot nicer. The difficulty has definately shot up a few notches and I noticed that the ammo was getting a bit tight on shells and bullets towards the end, but I didn't use many rockets so it's not a problem.

Good job TUD and good luck with SSD. I want to see it out for Christmas like you were planning!

EDIT: I second though that the difficulty needs to drop a little bit. I can beat it, but not very easily. E1 is supposed to be rediculously easy (looks at tanks...) erm... easier than normal levels.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Bio Hazard wrote:
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:A cyberdemon in the middle (you knew I was going to...). He can be crushed later on, so evasion only is needed.
OMGWTF? OMGWTF? you shouldnt see anything even REMOTELY colse to this powerfull untill AT LEAST after E1M7, i got killed countless times cause i couldnt get past him.
I figured it would be better to place him there instead of some rocket turrets (which would be easier to avoid) just think of him as a mobile one of those instead of a monster. (you're not meant to kill him, you can do that by remote later)

I didn't check the gameplay btw, that's what the last two weeks are for. (so it would probably get changed anyway, regardless of what I did to it)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Nice level but one thing:

REMOVE THE DAMN CYBERDEMON!!!!!!!

Shit like this only serve to annoy players and serve no real gameplay value. It's just stupid and frustrating.

And would someone please run this map through an error checker? It is full with accidentally unclosed sectors to an extent I have rarely seen!
nossr50

Post by nossr50 »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
Bio Hazard wrote:
OMGWTF? OMGWTF? you shouldnt see anything even REMOTELY colse to this powerfull untill AT LEAST after E1M7, i got killed countless times cause i couldnt get past him.
I figured it would be better to place him there instead of some rocket turrets (which would be easier to avoid) just think of him as a mobile one of those instead of a monster. (you're not meant to kill him, you can do that by remote later)

I didn't check the gameplay btw, that's what the last two weeks are for. (so it would probably get changed anyway, regardless of what I did to it)
Rocket turrets?

WTF
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

e1m3-really cool level, I enjoyed it greatly :D
Risen

Post by Risen »

Tormentor, what is the decision on using other monsters beside what is normally seen in E1? I was thinking of adding some Cacos to E1M7. It's late enough in the episode and close enough to the demon's gate that figured it might make sense. I was also wondering about using the chaingunner.

I hope nobody really minds, but I removed the outside area completely. I think it might be the first map I've made with no sky in it at all! Not having this really adds to the feel I'm going for here, so I think it's the right decision. I really like the way the whole level is shaping up. There won't be many new areas to explore, (as I've said before,) but there's plenty of new life it what was existing.

Return to “Levels”