ZDoom 2.6.1

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

randi
Site Admin

ZDoom 2.6.1

Post by randi »

ZDoom 2.6.1 is now available. This is primarily a bugfix release for 2.6.0, however it contains one breaking change: Voxels are now rotated 90 degrees to match their orientation in Slab6.

There are also a few minor new features:
  • [wiki]DECORATE[/wiki]:
    • [wiki=Actor_flags#INVENTORY.RESTRICTABSOLUTELY]INVENTORY.RESTRICTABSOLUTELY[/wiki] flag for being extremely restrictive of cross-class item pickup
    • [wiki=Actor_flags#PLAYERPAWN.CANSUPERMORPH]PLAYERPAWN.CANSUPERMORPH[/wiki] flag for morphed player classes that give you a Tome of Power powerup if you an attempt is made to morph you into the same class while you are already morphed into it. (Used by Heretic's chicken)
  • [wiki]MAPINFO[/wiki]:
    • RandomPlayerStarts will disable voodoo dolls and instead spawn players at random start spots.
    • UsePlayerStartZ will respect the start spots' Z coordinates and let you spawn players off the floor.
  • Hacx 2.0 is now a detectable IWAD.
Xaser

Re: ZDoom 2.6.1

Post by Xaser »

Much obliged on the hotfix, sir -- the 2.0 exclusion was really silly on my part since I literally just forgot until right before 2.6.0's release date.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Many thanks for the bugfix release. The new player start options are something that I will certainly make use of at some point.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

randi wrote:
  • RandomPlayerStarts will disable voodoo dolls and instead spawn players at random start spots.
Ooooooh, I can see so many fun things being done with this. And REELism could benefit from this feature as well!
siealex

Post by siealex »

Hacx 2.0 is now a detectable IWAD.
What's this??? Where can I find it?
Gez

Post by Gez »

All legally-downloadable [wiki]IWAD[/wiki] have their download link in the wiki article I just linked to.

Be aware that Hacx 2.0 is WIP, with a ton of placeholders still.
mallo

Post by mallo »

Spoiler:
This rocket was just sent.
DAMN THANK YOU.
You should make 90° spinning some flag in VOXELDEF, beacuse voxel_test.wad is, i think, only wad that uses voxels, and it's not updated for a long long long long time.

PS. I hope i don't sound mean. :oops:
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

mallo wrote:You should make 90° spinning some flag in VOXELDEF
You already can:

Code: Select all

misla = "misla"
{
	angleoffset = 270
}
mallo wrote:beacuse voxel_test.wad is, i think, only wad that uses voxels, and it's not updated for a long long long long time.
It's not my problem if voxels made for pre-release versions with non-final voxel code don't work right with the current version. The voxtures wad floating about doesn't work anymore, either, since it has the wrong scales.
patryckpo

Made a PT-BR translation

Post by patryckpo »

I had made a PT-BR translation of this version of ZDoom :idea:
It's not fully complete, but Doom is fully playable in PT-BR
I want to know if it can be included in the main package of ZDoom (I'm still working on it but it can be played already) or even if I can post the link here of the language file

Real good port of Doom for Windows :D Thumbs up!

EDIT: I have already uploaded it here on http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34682
Last edited by patryckpo on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Sure, feel free to attach a zip of the language.pt file in the code submission forum. :)

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”