GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Nash

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.09b: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Nash »

I was talking about manually offsetting the 3-d floor sides by pointing at them, just like you would do a normal 2-sided linedef wall. Auto aligning would be an additional "nice to have" but isn't necessary for my personal uses.
Sarah
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 11 (bullseye), Windows 10

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.09b: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Sarah »

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by just pointing at them. Well wait, I guess the step I'm missing is hitting the arrow keys to move a textures whichever way it needs to go. With 3D floor types other than Vavoom you can manually adjust offsets the same way although it doesn't always translate nice at runtime. Or is this an alignment feature that will fix the thing with 3D floors sharing the same line for an edge moving their side textures together in visual mode unless you manually edit offsets via the actual dummy sector line tag?

I'll have to give this version a try since the new features might make some of the really laborious parts of my project easier. I'd really like to see auto-alignment though.
MaxED

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.10a: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by MaxED »

Can someone clarify these to me?

1. Which UDMF fields are used in 3d-floors sidedefs in GZDoom? I've already discovered that texture position values ("offsetx_mid", "offsety_mid") are taken from 3d-floor linedef's Fields, but texture scale values ("scalex_mid" and "scaley_mid") are taken from control linedef's (linedef with Sector_Set3dFloor action special) Fields. "light" and "lightabsolute" values seem to be taken from 3d-floor linedef's Fields but have strange brightness ingame (and "lightabsolute" seems to have no effect ingame).

2. Are quotation marks (") allowed in UDMF string fields? zdbsp is unable to build nodes, when there's a string field with quotation marks. Is it zdbsp's bug, or quotation marks shouldn't be used in string fields?
Example:
this will be built fine:

Code: Select all

comment = "Cool sector!"
both these lines will result in error:

comment = ""Cool sector!""

comment = "\"Cool sector!\""
Sgt Dopey
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sgt Dopey »

Oooooh looky at all these new fangled features, nice work MaxED!

Everytime I use a new feature I don't know how to use I keep on thinking I am breaking it.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

The tag explorer sounds really cool. :O
Simon666

Post by Simon666 »

It seem that i'm not able to change brightness level by increment of 8 ( stuck at 16 )
Am i the only one with this problem? ( i'm mapping in UDMF format )
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Simon666 wrote:It seem that i'm not able to change brightness level by increment of 8 ( stuck at 16 )
Am i the only one with this problem? ( i'm mapping in UDMF format )
Hmm... there's an error in configuration files. Doom map format light levels are used even in non-Doom map formats. To fix this, replace ZDoom_common.cfg with attached file.
Attachments
ZDoom_common.rar
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Gez

Post by Gez »

MaxED wrote:2. Are quotation marks (") allowed in UDMF string fields?
I don't think so. The UDMF specs says:
quoted_string := "([^"\\]*(\\.[^"\\]*)*)"
If my regularexpressionese isn't too rusty, those [^"\\]* sequence means the content of the quoted string can be any character except " and \.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Gez wrote:If my regularexpressionese isn't too rusty, those [^"\\]* sequence means the content of the quoted string can be any character except " and \.
Thanks, that makes things easier.
Victik83

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.11: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Victik83 »

Hi guys, i am new on this forum and im a fanatical Doombuilder, however, the more it gets upgraded the more problems i get and im tired of looking arround on forums to see what at, and now i cant even build anymore cause nothing works properly now, and i have all needed software for it to run. The only thing i want running on my machine is doombuilder :) Can anyone link me a ''normally functioning'' or a so called bugless version of GZDoom builder please, it should be upgraded instead of downgraded, it has become one big bug and its only getting worse...:( everytime a feature is added, another feature is failing. I have to say that it sucks :o, it all went wrong after 3dfloor patch...

I cannot use copy paste and delete in visual modes...
I cannot place or remove things in any mode, yeah 1, and after that i cant remove it, i have to use ctrl-z instead...
It crashes every single time at every action i take, i can continue though but its not supposed to happen, also i get multiple crashes at startup without even being started...
Selecting isnt working properly, sometimes it does, sometimes it dont, its like im not holding my mousebutton, he just lets go the selection or doesnt even select at all...
Scripteditor appears to be on narcotics or something i dunno but it doesnt recognize anything while things are defined the right way, (this could be my own mistake, but i doubt it)...
Curve wont be a problem, but why is it gone?

Before this i was running r1429 with GZplugin, it worked great, but i took GZDoom 1.10a because all of a sudden skybox and script just stopped working, and now i cant even place things in my map...

Anyone recognizes these problems?
Greetzz Victik
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

It crashes in a very ugly way when I select multiple things and attempt to view their properties:
Spoiler: Sorry, it's in spanish
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Victik83 wrote:Anyone recognizes these problems?
Greetzz Victik
Something is very wrong with your copy of editor (have you extracted GZDoom Builder archive to a folder where Doom Builder 2 was installed (that's not a good idea)?). Download current version of GZDB and extract it to new folder. Also try to rename or remove GZBuilder.cfg located in (Windows Vista, 7) "C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\" or (Windows XP) "C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Application Data\Doom Builder\" to reset settings to default.
Victik83 wrote:I cannot use copy paste and delete in visual modes...
Currently Things copying/pasting is not implemented in visual modes. Things deletion should be working fine.
Victik83 wrote:Scripteditor appears to be on narcotics or something i dunno but it doesnt recognize anything while things are defined the right way
Can you explain it in more detail?
Victik83 wrote:Curve wont be a problem, but why is it gone?
It's not.
Spoiler:
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

hfc2x wrote:It crashes in a very ugly way when I select multiple things and attempt to view their properties
This issue will be fixed in next update.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

I am at a bit of a loss over this error

which GZDB finds when playing this or similar pwads.
No other program complains.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This is getting better and better :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”