Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ribo Zurai

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [v0.72]

Post by Ribo Zurai »

I like this mod so much. In my opinion, Doom needs more mods with RPG contents, like this.
E.C.S

Post by E.C.S »

Ribo Zurai wrote:I like this mod so much. In my opinion, Doom needs more mods with RPG contents, like this.
*Lurking mode Off*

True, also I like this mod because I can use mod weapons whit this. Really loving this mod. Reminds me of Naferia's Reign of Duke Nukem 3D.

Also, I found a little typo:
Spoiler:
*Lurking mode On*
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

E.C.S wrote:Naferia's Reign of Duke Nukem 3D.
Heheh, funny you mention that. That's EXACTLY where this whole thing started from. I've contributed odds and ends to NR (mainly the new HUD realignments) and After helping him with testing NR for a while I thought "What if something like this existed for Doom?"

edit:
Apparently I'm dyslexic or something now. Fixed.
Lord Misfit
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Lord Misfit »

Kyle873 wrote:
E.C.S wrote:Naferia's Reign of Duke Nukem 3D.
Heheh, funny you mention that. That's EXACTLY where this whole thing started from. After helping him testing NR for a while I thought "What if something like this existed for Doom?"

edit:
Apparently I'm dyslexic or something now. Fixed.
>:3 OHAI E.C.S. and hey Kyle. :P

Yes, despite it nothing having been updated much in the last few years due to "OMG real life" and "new computer and games lol", NR is still in development from time to time and Kyle joined the team about a year ago and helped me streamline the hud recently and some other features and we're in constant contact. >.>
E.C.S

Post by E.C.S »

Lord Misfit wrote:>:3 OHAI E.C.S. and hey Kyle. :P

Yes, despite it nothing having been updated much in the last few years due to "OMG real life" and "new computer and games lol", NR is still in development from time to time and Kyle joined the team about a year ago and helped me streamline the hud recently and some other features and we're in constant contact. >.>
Glad to hear that and yeah life is real nightmare (more than Doom). I really love both mods, and the only thing I do is lurk (Here and in 4duke) when I could do something better :P

Anyway, I can't wait what else will be added to this mod. I really love mod like these being created.
Kyle873

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [v0.73]

Post by Kyle873 »

v0.73 uploaded. More options and of course, typo corrections and bugfixes.
Iniquitatis
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Iniquitatis »

You, sir, are just awesome. My dreams are realized. :shock:

And there is something wrong with the menu... (Yes, these "unknown" parameters). Anyway, the screenshot is attached. As you can see, I'm using latest available GZDoom SVN. And I already tried to delete the configuration file - uselessly. :?

EDIT: Don't pay attention to 4480 rank points for the next level, I quitted to the menu right after start of new game. :)
Attachments
unknown.png
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Iniquitatis wrote:You, sir, are just awesome. My dreams are realized. :shock:

And there is something wrong with the menu... (Yes, these "unknown" parameters). Anyway, the screenshot is attached. As you can see, I'm using latest available GZDoom SVN. And I already tried to delete the configuration file - uselessly. :?

EDIT: Don't pay attention to 4480 rank points for the next level, I quitted to the menu right after start of new game. :)
Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I was pointing out that custom CVARs can't be defined on game load somehow except for an autoexec, but that would always set the CVAR to a value, which I don't want. Just restore defaults, close GZDoom and reopen. Should fix the problem.
Big C

Post by Big C »

E.C.S wrote:
Ribo Zurai wrote:I like this mod so much. In my opinion, Doom needs more mods with RPG contents, like this.
*Lurking mode Off*

True, also I like this mod because I can use mod weapons whit this. Really loving this mod. Reminds me of Naferia's Reign of Duke Nukem 3D.

Spoiler:
*Lurking mode On*
Wait wait wait, I CAN use weapons mods with this?

Oh sweet Christmas I'm in HEAVEN. :trippy:
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Big C wrote:
E.C.S wrote:
*Lurking mode Off*

Spoiler:
*Lurking mode On*
Wait wait wait, I CAN use weapons mods with this?

Oh sweet Christmas I'm in HEAVEN. :trippy:
Yessir. I don't touch the weapons (only DoomRPG-Extras does) so that you can play WADs which have their own weapons. Even better, my Strength stat uses the generic DamageFactor, so ANY custom weapon will be effected by it.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

What does the Extras wad do?
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

-Ghost- wrote:What does the Extras wad do?
The Extras pk3 contains a bunch of eye-candy including Cosmetic Doom with some changes for compatibility by me and Z86's SBrightmaps.pk3.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Kyle873 wrote:Yessir. I don't touch the weapons (only DoomRPG-Extras does) so that you can play WADs which have their own weapons. Even better, my Strength stat uses the generic DamageFactor, so ANY custom weapon will be effected by it.
Cool. I almost got it working with Brutal Doom, but didn't gain any experience with kills. Must have to do with how the custom deaths are handled.
Iniquitatis
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Iniquitatis »

Kyle873 wrote: Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I was pointing out that custom CVARs can't be defined on game load somehow except for an autoexec, but that would always set the CVAR to a value, which I don't want. Just restore defaults, close GZDoom and reopen. Should fix the problem.
Thanks, it worked. :)

And, apparently, I found a small defect. The screenshot is attached.
Attachments
position.png
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Iniquitatis wrote:
Kyle873 wrote: Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I was pointing out that custom CVARs can't be defined on game load somehow except for an autoexec, but that would always set the CVAR to a value, which I don't want. Just restore defaults, close GZDoom and reopen. Should fix the problem.
Thanks, it worked. :)

And, apparently, I found a small defect. The screenshot is attached.
Not 100% what to do about that. I did the ACS stuff with con_scaletext active and it's much harder to keep things properly aligned there as opposed to SBARINFO.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”