[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

A waggling crate and deep water(nukage) are not mutually exclusive.
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Say whaaaaaaat?! :?
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I did some work on my map... hold on...

I made the sky a bit sarker as it was too bright IMO and I also allighned and scaled the textures on the slopes, which looks a 1000x better IMO :D.

That thing on the floor in the lobby area isa logo of some form... wanted to have funky logo, but that was all I could think of :D. The place with the glass is really cool... iys' kinda like a police interogation area with 1 way glass :D. You can see through on one side but not on the other... I suppose it's where the officials meet up and then the security monitor the meeting or the administrator looks over it... maybe I should make that room a Blue Door only and add a Rocket Launcher as a secret or something?

There is still some worl to do with this and I noticed that there is a secert under nukage tunnel that has a door that leads to nowhere... I'll have to add those areas and then i'm pritty much done :D.

:twisted:
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

ImageYou're kidding right?! Holy crap those can't be shots of your maps. Those are teh l33tz0r! Holy crap Lexus talk about mapping talent.... Damn. Nice job boy. I can't wait to play that. Ooh, btw, those twin big pipe thingies in the outdoorsy area in that first shot are just screaming for some sectored shadowing not unlike the kind of hardcore shadowing work seen at the beginning of Phobos Anomaly Reborn...! :wink: The 2nd shot is pretty amazing (can't compare t to anything else because it looks quite unique even at this stage.... Shot 3 looks a bit Gothic and not entirely in-line with the techy theme set by the majority of the other shots but it still looks quite nice. Shot 4 would look like a bit of a bland typical ZDooM WAD screenshot if it wasn't for those 2 awesome-looking slanted/cut pipes.... Shots 5 and 6 (especially 6) have the potential to blow us away with detail and lighting effects.... And shot 7 just looks like a recapture of 3but again it looks very good; especially the beamworks on the ceiling.... :P
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Wow, you just posted that other post a couple a minutes ago!? :D.

Mmmm, ican't take credit for the beam works... that was Nightmare. Right now I'm just detiling Nightmares sections... so the actual base of the levbel isnt' my responsibility, but the detailing is (That big room with the ceiling bars was completely brown with no detail whatsoever... so the sloped ceilings, the tech walls and the green walls are all mine... plus that brown monstrosity on the floor ;) ).

The outside area was pritty much how it was but without the sloped tech feet, the outside pipes and those weird sloped grill things... plus, the windows weren't there.

Yes, I doi have good mapping potential, but i hardly do anything... my greatest work is ROTGS2... but tha is o far from being released that it really doesn't count... on another note, I did make two levels for a vanilla doom project called the 9th gate... my main map is pritty damn cool! I made a secret level that isn't as detailed but playes quite well. These maps were finished a while ago... but the rest of the team have taken about 5 years to make 6 maps! I'm gonn have to shout at them because I want to release my level...

Actually... watch for a new post by me :D).

GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

Heh will do!

I think I've played the 9th gate (or haven't I...).... But in my opinion your greatest mapping potential lies in dreaming up extremely techy or Total-Annihilationy settings and designing them with great detail. Detail should definitely be your thing mate! :D
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

You couldn't have played the 9th gate... it's not been released yet...

Anyway, I'm uploading my 9th gate map to newstuff... so look out for newstuff this week :D. IMO, this is the best map I've made... and it is for vanilla doom too, so Curunir should be pleased :D.

GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

Well then no I guess I haven't played The 9th Gate (although it sounds awefully familliar).

Sounds good, I'll be watching NewStuff.... (This'd better be good! :wink: ). :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Ninja - Yes, I've already done that :)

@Risen - As always, impressive work :) Very creepy! :)

@Kirby - Doesn't look that bad but it needs detail, some more slopes, tekwall stuff and terminals on the floor and wall would make up for a higher quality :)

@geedoug - No, the floor isn't solid, it is swimable and it also uses the advantage of this duke-water-teleport trick ;) So it looks damn realistic!!! :)

@Lexus - Wow, you are doing a damn good job with this :) The new screenies look amazing and are exactly what I have in mind :)
Risen

Post by Risen »

Does the ceiling waggle when you go underneath? Don't forget that or the effect won't work well.

E1M7 is coming along nicely, thanks for your comments. I'll post more when I have more to show, but I have no food left so tonight I have to go grocery shopping...
This dark feel with brightly illuminated parts in between is what I'm going for, the contrast makes it hard for the eyes to adjust quickly and it can be truly scary at times, especially when played in the dark. Very fitting for the penultimate level, I think. I will work on detailing more and also adding more traps and interesting battles. I don't think I'm going to be able to do much in the way of new areas before the week is out. It looks like some of the other maps have huge new places to explore, but one and a half weeks is not nearly enough time for me to do that.

Torm, have you thought much more about how the following work periods will go? Will I get more time on E1M7 or will I be passing it off?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - It does ;) and no I didn't tthink abozut the following period but I will do that till the deadline is here. But at first, just consider, that you don't have any time left so it is finishd!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Instead of that very pixelated sky, why don't you use a high resolution flat/TX on the skybox ceiling?

Or maybe they have big, square edged clouds on Phobos. :P

But yes, impressive screenies.
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

Tormentor667 wrote:@geedougg - No, the floor isn't solid, it is swimable and it also uses the advantage of this duke-water-teleport trick ;) So it looks damn realistic!!! :)
Yuo know what? I'm a fucking idiot. I'm sorry Tormentor I ased the dumbest question ever. I'm so mad I could smack myself. Nevermind you can just ignore me from now on 'cuz I'm so fucking stupid. This entire friggi' time (whilst asking the question about the nukage pool) I was thinking to myself that it's for vanilla Doom (yeah I know, don't even say anything it's painfully obvious that I'm a moron). I don't know how a big detail so important such as that could just slip my mind, but what's funny is that this entire time I was also looking at the shots Lexus posted and seeing the lopes and stuff and still somehoqw forgetting that they're both for the same friggin' project! And if one's ZDooM then the other one as to be too! And holy creeps the title of the friggin' thread has ZDooM in it! Learn from me kids, don't stay up too long...; yuor brain goes all f***ed-up. At this point I haven't slept for two days so you must forgive me for acting saying idiotic things. :roll:
Risen

Post by Risen »

I'm feeling sick and sneezing and crap, bleh. And I still had to go grocery shopping. So, I only have one updated area from tonight to show.

This is formerly the automap nukage pool. Now it is deep and has a tunnel that goes under the bridge. Sorry about the tint, I had a radsuit when I took the shot.
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

The Quake-style lights and the lights on the ceiling are briliant. Simply amazing. Very nice work indeed. But why'd the shot green? Are you wearing a bio suite in that shot? (Don't get me wrong it looks cool. )

Return to “Levels”