GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Nash

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.09: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Nash »

A terrain generator and editor built in? :P

Haha just kidding. Well I trust that whatever it is that you have in mind, I'm sure it will be just as awesome as the entire editor!
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

for some odd reason, GZdoombuilder doesn't have the circle making function. why?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

insightguy wrote:for some odd reason, GZdoombuilder doesn't have the circle making function. why?
For some reason, I thought that Ellipse mode covers circles as well (because circle is basically an ellipse with equal sides)... :?
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

EDIT: nevermind, found it
Nash

Post by Nash »

Just a quick report...

in Setup\builder2_setup.iss line 40, it should be changed to this:

Code: Select all

Source: GZBuilder.cfg; DestDir: {app}; Flags: ignoreversion
... so that the stock MakeRelease.bat script won't complain.

EDIT: The UDMF control plugin is damn nice! Will you be able to add support for altering offsets for the sides of 3-d floors, as well as scale/rotation of the currently highlighted 3-d floor surface?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Spoiler:
I'm in love!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Two feature requests:

1) Can you make the 2-d map view draw a clear mark at origin [0, 0]? Like a large + or something. And have its colour customizable.
2) Can you add X and Y coordinates editing into the "Edit thing" window so that I can manually key in the thing's position? Z height is already editable in this way, it would be great if I could do the same for X and Y for more precise editing.

Thanks!
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:1) Can you make the 2-d map view draw a clear mark at origin [0, 0]? Like a large + or something. And have its colour customizable.
Done in 1.09a (Hilight color is used). One thing I am not certain about: should it be drawn over, or under level geometry (currently it's drawn under it)?
Nash wrote:2) Can you add X and Y coordinates editing into the "Edit thing" window so that I can manually key in the thing's position? Z height is already editable in this way, it would be great if I could do the same for X and Y for more precise editing.
Probably in the next update (I hope it will be easier than adding proper 3d-floor surfaces handling to UDMF Controls plugin...)
Nash

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.09a: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Nash »

1) Thanks! Drawing under geometry should be fine... it's just a quick way to remind the mapper of where the origin is. It shouldn't obstruct more important map data.

2) Good luck!

Oh, and revisiting an earlier suggestion...
MaxED wrote:
Nash wrote:2: Is it possible to move things in the Visual Mode in the X and Y axis? Z axis works by using the mousewheel, but I haven't figured out how to do it on X and Y.
Currently it's not possible. Idea to add this crossed my mind more than once. I just can't decide how exactly this should be controlled (via arrow keys, relative to camera angle? Or should it be more logical to use mouse wheel + some modifier keys, because vertical movement is controlled by mouse wheel? Or drag things with mouse, like wall textures? Or something else?)
I don't know how complex it would be to code this, but another solution would be to add "transform gizmos" to the Visual Mode:

Skip to 2:28 to see how it works. You can constrain the moving to 1 axis by dragging a stick, and move in 2 axii by placing your cursor in a square instead of a stick (see 3:38).

(Also, just FYI, by default, 3ds Max sets the orientation mode relative to the world so the XYZ is always consistent. However the user is free to change that to several other orientation modes including camera where the orientation is relative to the camera)

Again, I'm not sure if the SDK framework allows such things and I don't know how complex it would be... but it's just a suggestion. And it's not high priority; you've done so much to the editor already, its unreal. :D Moving things in the X and Y axis in the Visual Mode would be one of the "nice to have" things.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

I know what gizmo is. I even use them from time to time :)

Main problem with gizmos is that they are not desined for use with FPS-style camera. You can see similar problems if you try to drag a wall texture in visual mode in one direction far enough in one go.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Oh, I'm sorry if it looked like I'm trying to explain to much... I will simplify my communication with you. :P That's a nice model BTW!
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Found it in one of model packs for GZDoom, and, as you may guess, used it to render GZDB title picture. Have no idea who made it...
Blox

Post by Blox »

Judging by the face, it's Teamonster's.
DoomerMrT

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.09b: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by DoomerMrT »

Hey!

Just dropped in to say a huge thanks for making a cool editor even better! Respect bro! Keep up the good work!
Sarah
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 11 (bullseye), Windows 10

Post by Sarah »

Nash wrote:EDIT: The UDMF control plugin is damn nice! Will you be able to add support for altering offsets for the sides of 3-d floors, as well as scale/rotation of the currently highlighted 3-d floor surface?
I haven't tried this latest version yet. A rather random crash using 1.07 resulted in me losing some data and losing faith in the editor but this UDMF plugin has me really looking in this project's direction again :D

I am wondering though, Nash, are you talking about auto-alignment for the sides of 3D floors? I've been dying for something like that for ages! The ability to auto-align horizontally and vertically would be awesome, along with a dialog for manual offsetting when texture position matters.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”