Rayman Doom

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MSPaintR0cks

Rayman Doom

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hfu52hfaxb0zbuh

Play as Rayman and try to save your world from an invasion of robo pirates and other abominations!

An older Wad from 2010 with seven levels. Maybe I`ll pick it up again and finish it, but my plans were very ambitious at the time.
Should work in every sourceport, but I recommend ZDoom for less bugs.
Comments, critics or even playtroughs are very welcomed. ;)
Have fun playing. ;D

Tormentor667

Re: Rayman Doom

Post by Tormentor667 »

OH YES O_O
MrBoroda

Post by MrBoroda »

Oh, God, that's epic!
GuildNavigator

Post by GuildNavigator »

:shock:
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Last time I checked Rayman never used a Super Shotty. . . unless this is one of those darker, grittier "reboot" things we've been seeing so much of lately. Regardless, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Also, am I the only person who really liked Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc? Really underrated title, that one.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Yeah, Rayman 3 was pretty awesome.

As for this, it's looking great. There's a wild overuse of brown, however.
Rayman 2 (which I'd suppose this looks the most like) certainly wasn't afraid to use gray.

(Especially the last screenshot shows a really bad case of brown overload. The multi-hooks are totally brown. The cages are brown. Everything is brown!)
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cq75 »

This is very nice, though the heavy metal music doesn't really fit the atmosphere. The mapping plays and looks good, I'm surprised at how good Rayman looks with better lighting and a FPS perspective.

I hope you will use more of the original sound effects (like the pirates' firing sound from Rayman 2 (would sound good for the arachno-pirate), and the lum pickup sounds (good for the soulsphere)) and you should make the pirate death sound louder, I could only hear it at close range when nothing else was making noise.

You should make better key indicators for the doors -- one of the doors was just a wall, without the automap I doubt I would have even known to press use on it. At least put a sign with the pirate face on it saying "Red access area only"
President People

Post by President People »

Oh, this looks pretty cool. Though, the monster sprites look like they could use some work, from the screenshots.

Have you considered multiplayer maps? I remember Rayman Arena being a blast back in the day. I think the maps would translate fairly well to ZDooM/Skulltag.

EDIT: Not to mention you'd have some character skins (complete with sounds and "deaths") and weapons that are basically canon to the Rayman universe (unlike the SSG :P).
Arch

Post by Arch »

This mod is pretty cool, these textures are awesome. I downloaded it some time ago, any plans of finishing it?
Gameplay is nice too but as cq75 said, some doors looks like walls and are hard to find.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Hehe, nice. Will there ever be sprite rotations? If not, I suggest disabling infighting. At present, the enemies can attack each other. When they do so, they always look like they are facing the player even if they are facing the opposite way to attack another foe. This can give the impression that they are shooting fireballs out of their anus. :lol:

I realise it's all early stages stuff ATM though so perhaps this is just something that hasn't been looked at yet.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”