[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
gerolf

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by gerolf »

Bane wrote:Fair enough, I understand it looks pretty tacky.
There's a game called "Killing Time" by 3DO that had a shotgun you might like. There's the 3DO version, but it looks more like a hunters shotgun. Then the PC version (which is very different) has a shotgun that looks similar to the one that guy is holding, but it would require a lot of editing to look good. I can try and find it, though I've seen it around before.
Bane

Post by Bane »

gerolf wrote:
Bane wrote:Fair enough, I understand it looks pretty tacky.
There's a game called "Killing Time" by 3DO that had a shotgun you might like. There's the 3DO version, but it looks more like a hunters shotgun. Then the PC version (which is very different) has a shotgun that looks similar to the one that guy is holding, but it would require a lot of editing to look good. I can try and find it, though I've seen it around before.
Yeah I know the one you mean :) A lot of editing xD to much for someone of my skill level with spriting, was easy working with sprites in Mugen compared to Doom, I just cant seem to grasp shading. Heres the shotty I've chopped up thus far, dubbed the angry man, because it has a little angry face at the rear :mrgreen:

http://postimage.org/image/fkdy8xuet/
Blox

Post by Blox »

Too bad I'm way too lazy to finish this.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Bane wrote:Yeah I know the one you mean :) A lot of editing xD to much for someone of my skill level with spriting, was easy working with sprites in Mugen compared to Doom, I just cant seem to grasp shading. Heres the shotty I've chopped up thus far, dubbed the angry man, because it has a little angry face at the rear :mrgreen:

That looks pretty good, I'd love to see how you do the other animations :)
Bane

Post by Bane »

gerolf wrote:
Bane wrote:Yeah I know the one you mean :) A lot of editing xD to much for someone of my skill level with spriting, was easy working with sprites in Mugen compared to Doom, I just cant seem to grasp shading. Heres the shotty I've chopped up thus far, dubbed the angry man, because it has a little angry face at the rear :mrgreen:

That looks pretty good, I'd love to see how you do the other animations :)
These are all I've done so far, Image Put in some other guns I'm messing with aswell, I havent finished anything on that sheet, (with the exception of the BFG) but I will :), need to re-do the blasts aswell, missing a few shades of yellow in those ones on the stubby.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Bane wrote:These are all I've done so far, Image Put in some other guns I'm messing with aswell, I havent finished anything on that sheet, (with the exception of the BFG) but I will :), need to re-do the blasts aswell, missing a few shades of yellow in those ones on the stubby.
Good work. Actually, the first one I said I didn't like at first, does look pretty good here, but would need some editing in color to look more like it would fit Doom. The quad-shotgun is something many people would like to see, and that Rocket Launcher looks really cool. The BFG looks kind of funny though, and the "Angry Man"s muzzle flash might need some work. The laser pistol and Mancubus gun look good too (but the muzzle flash for the laser pistol looks off). Overall it's all great stuff.
timmyr0x0r

Post by timmyr0x0r »

I think the BFG would look better if the dark, "old" BFG part is recolored to fit the "new", bright BFG.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Yeah I agree, it would look great if the whole thing was black color, or gray in color (So it all looks like it is one weapon).
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Agreed, too -- that's a really cool BFG edit, though it'd be all the more awesome if the lower part was darkened a bit to give the whole thing a sleek, shiny black finish.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

A simple Demon edit. I wanted to try and make him attack like the Demons in Doom 64 do.
01.png
01.png (2.07 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
02.png
02.png (2.09 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
03.png
03.png (2.03 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
FINISHED (well, at least I'm finished with them).
Spoiler:
Last edited by gerolf on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

Just a little unrelated nitpick: Why people keep mispelling the word "Gauge"? The letter U comes after A. I could forgive it if one was typing really fast, but most of the time, it's not the case.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Duducrazy wrote:Just a little unrelated nitpick: Why people keep mispelling the word "Gauge"? The letter U comes after A. I could forgive it if one was typing really fast, but most of the time, it's not the case.
Just to drive you crazy.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

RE: D'Sparil riding Korax
That is simultaneously awesome, goofy, terrifying, and heartwarming.
"come on korax let's show these punks who's boss"
"OKAY BRO GET ON MY BACK"

...and then they engage in EPIC PIGGYBACK DEATHMATCH with corvus and daedolon
meanwhile parias and the heresiarch are facepalming at the absurdity, and baratus is getting drunk with the maulotaurs.

and chex warrior is riding a mancubus into the sunset
Bane

Post by Bane »

Heres the latest sprites for the angry man, Image Starting to take a better shape now i think.

Also I have had a crack at darkening the lower part of the BFG, but I couldn't get it to look right, so Im just using it as is, maybe someone with a half decent palette swap program can have a go at doing it.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Ethril wrote:and chex warrior is riding a mancubus into the sunset
That could be arranged if you want ? :P (nah, just kidding. THAT would be really a facepalming situation.) :shock:

Return to “General”