[v1.0.0] Psychic -- HEY LOOK ITS RELEASED NOW

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: [WIP] Psychic -- Beta #5, now with Raven & Strife!

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

YES
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Getting an error on loading it with ZDoom. Yes, I have the latest SVN.
Script error, "xa-psych_b5.pk3:sndinfo.txt" line 43:
Sounds that are reserved for players cannot be reassigned
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Yes, I have the latest SVN.
Can people please stop saying this when reporting errors. Saying you have the latest SVN is of no good to anyone because what you think is the latest version may not necessarily be the latest one. Instead, say the actual revision number.

For example, Psychic works for me on GZDoom r1397 (Based off ZDoom r3667).
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I have r3667. This is the latest SVN, and I have it.

EDIT: Problem's not related to SVNs, anyway. Turns out Psychic's SNDINFO conflicts with one of my skins. Hum. Time to go diving into the pile and see what one it is.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

It's probably a case of "Don't do that!" anyway. The line in question is trying to redefine "*pain-drowning", which isn't actually the proper way to do things and probably breaks in a certain case, so it's fixable on my end. Possibly. :P
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

One bug, and one suggestion.

Hexen's Afrits will not drop blood money when gibbed. It gets very annoying at times, especially since I favour plasma and dark.

Suggestion: replace the accuracy upgrades with psychic level-ups. It's more fitting than anything else I can think of, and I actually haven't come across any (yet).

Edit: okay, sometimes the afrits won't drop coins. I think it has to do with the way they gib automatically if you time a shot immediately as their invulnerability ends.

Edit 2: scratch that; I think it's because of the way their crash state is set up. If they hit the ground instantly, the coins aren't given a chance to spawn.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

A lot of the time if I kill an enemy and I'm pretty close to them they won't drop all their bloodcoins. This has been an issue for me for a few versions, is it fixable, or an engine issue?
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Apparently the "headbob" is causing a fatal error when trying to launch this new version. . . do I need to update the SVN again (which I recently did)?

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw that a new version just came out two days ago. Ignore me.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

For PsyXen, it might be a good idea to break the Nightmare Omega into pieces and have the player assemble it. In Deathkings, this is the most noticeable, since you can get the Nightmare O practically at map start, before you even get the shotgun, if you're daring. I ought to have done this in the original patch, but I had nooo idea how built weapons worked, and I was concerned that it might screw up your scripts.

Ugh, Hexen having so few weapons is really a problem :P
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I'm honestly not too worried about the Nightmare. It's the most powerful firearm, but isn't an "ultimate" weapon in the same sense Hexen's are. It still needs upgrades to get the maximum potential out of it, and splitting it to pieces might make it too late-game for people to ever bother with it (since upgrades are expensive). I might still take a look at it, though, given that there's a need to rebalance Hexen a bit anyhow.
JimmyJ wrote:A lot of the time if I kill an enemy and I'm pretty close to them they won't drop all their bloodcoins. This has been an issue for me for a few versions, is it fixable, or an engine issue?
Are you sure this is happening? It shouldn't be -- the A_SpawnItemEx calls for the BM have SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION set.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Xaser, on the Nightmare O in Hexen, wrote:It's the most powerful firearm, but isn't an "ultimate" weapon in the same sense Hexen's are. It still needs upgrades to get the maximum potential out of it, and splitting it to pieces might make it too late-game for people to ever bother with it (since upgrades are expensive).
That's true.
JimmyJ wrote:A lot of the time if I kill an enemy and I'm pretty close to them they won't drop all their bloodcoins. This has been an issue for me for a few versions, is it fixable, or an engine issue?
I've never had that happen (or at least, I never noticed it happening if it did). Does it happen in other IWADs now too?
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

I only notice it happening on monsters that drop multiple coins, at least one coin always spawns but I swear others can get eaten up somehow if the monster dies while too close to a bunch of other monsters, or next to me. I've only tried it on Doom 2, Plutonia, and TNT for the most part, not had much play time on Heretic and none with Hexen or Ultimate Doom.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

The LANGUAGE strings are a bit borked in Doom now. Picking up a megasphere yields the message "GOTMSPHERE!" and the soulsphere message melds with the allmap message on account of a missing semi-colon.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Jimmy wrote:"GOTMSPHERE!"
Ruddy exclamation point! Fixed now. :P
Gez

Post by Gez »

Dunno if you've seen it: some goony feedback here.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”