[ZDoom Wars WIP] Realm667 - Now with a server! (v0.16c)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
TerminusEst13

[ZDoom Wars WIP] Realm667 - Now with a server! (v0.16c)

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Hello, everyone.
I won't beat around the bush. I'm sure veterans of ZDoom Wars are wincing right now, in memory of the previous Realm667 faction. It was poorly made, poorly balanced, without any theme or central function, had no sense of progression to it, and a lot of the enemies were simply rips from other games and/or recolors.
This is not that faction. The goal of Realm667 is to act as a repository for community content, to help people to grow and develop by showing them what can be done and how it can be done. Realm667 is the bastion of imagination, where ideas go from in the head to in the engine to in reality staring at you down the barrels of the SSG. It's unfortunate, then, that so many others use it simply as an archive to copy-paste--you see something that looks cool, download it, copy it, paste it in, and call it a day.
In the interest of giving Realm667 better representation in the ZDoom Wars community, I've strived to create a new faction with a strict quality control in place, and very little is just "copy-pasted" in without extensive modification.
Please enjoy, and please let me know any balance considerations/concerns you feel are necessary.

If you wish to play online, please head to the NODE-3.net [13] - Texas - ZDoom Wars server!

You will need the the Nazis! faction in order to play this.

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... v0.16c.pk3 - v0.16c alpha download, 8.58 megs
Spoiler: Changelog
Spoiler: Screenshots
Spoiler: Faction information
Spoiler: Credits
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Sat May 26, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChronoSeth

Re: [ZDoom Wars WIP] Happy 12th, Realm667! (v0.14)

Post by ChronoSeth »

The darkness rift seems like it will turn out to be a tad overpowered, but this all looks really cool.
hugoroy

Post by hugoroy »

You might want to make the darkness rift cost a bit more, as chronoseth said, it sounds a bit overpowered.

Do you have a server running this?
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Since this is an alpha, I have very little doubt things are overpowered or underpowered at the moment. Hopefully lots and lots of testing will get things at a fairly nice level.
Do you have a server running this?
I have a very crappy and very small Skulltag server running this off a notebook, but yes.
Title being ZDoom Wars - Happy 12th, Realm667!

Hopefully my search for server-hosting in the future proves more fruitful than it did last time with Nazis.
NightMare620

Post by NightMare620 »

I know this is not similar to this topic, but, terminusest13, where did you get the zblood faction, which I saw on one of your YouTube videos :)
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

It was a project a friend was making for (mostly) private use.
I'm not sure how comfortable he would be with me sharing it.
NightMare620

Post by NightMare620 »

Oh alright I was just wondering but thank you anyway. :)
TerminusEst13

Re: [ZDoom Wars WIP] Realm667 - Now with a server! (v0.16c)

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Updated from v0.14 to v0.16c. The biggest feature in is now there's a monster progression chart and alternate colors (for everyone except the UAC Walker/Maephisto)!
Even more important, now there's a big ol' server hosting it! That's right! Now more than three people can play at once on a more-than-five-man server that isn't likely to crash! Holy balls!

To play, please head to the NODE-3.net [13] - Texas - ZDoom Wars server, and please let me know any and all concerns you have.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”