[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Ghastly »

The eyes on that looks like it's saying "wat." :P
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

shitty g11 edit
Attachments
NEWRIFLE.PNG
NEWRIFLE.PNG (2.5 KiB) Viewed 884 times
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

That's not shitty. just the green parts need work, and so does the other non detailed parts underneath them (the pure black areas).
Springy

Post by Springy »

That's a good attempt on creating a centered G11, I do agree that the green parts could do with more detail. The scope is really well done, good stuff.
Last edited by Springy on Wed May 23, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I hate to be "that guy", but would you mind punctuating your sentences properly? It's difficult to understand what you're trying to say since the burden is put on the reader to figure out where one thought begins and another ends. It's one of those simple things that helps a bunch in the long run.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Who are you talking to Xaser? There's so many grammar errors all over this thread, why point out just one?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I'm referring to an individual, not a thread (note the attempted ninja-edit -- it was just one long run-on sentence before). I pointed it out because he does it on a regular basis. The thread is irrelevant -- I posted here because it was the most recent post of his I'd read.

I'm not advocating perfect grammar. None of us really use it (as shown by my frequent double-dash separator things I use instead of semicolons). I brought it up because super-long run-on sentences are really hard to understand. Just trying to be neighborly, here. :P
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Ahh, I understand Xaser :)
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Here's my shotgun from the last page in action.
Sorry if i didn't release it,but i prefer to keep it as an "Ace up my sleeve" since i was planning a western doom
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Blox did some nice lighting/shading on the thing. Yours looks much too cartoony, Batandy. Contrast between hand and gun says it all.
(OMG OPINION!)
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Slax wrote:Blox did some nice lighting/shading on the thing. Yours looks much too cartoony, Batandy. Contrast between hand and gun says it all.
(OMG OPINION!)
I don't bite :P

Yes i know, it's just that i prefer mine since it's more doom styled (afterall, doom weapons do look a bit cartoony,expecially the dbshotgun since it's not ripped from a toy gun like the other weapons)
Not saying that his version is bad, i actually like it alot, but it's not my kind of style
Springy

Post by Springy »

@Xaser Sorry about that I have a habit of typing with minimal punctuation.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

My biggest problem with the gun is that the shells do not fly out. Do you know how a break action works? Also, it looked way better in the post before.

Blox's version just looked like he added more lighting to it making it silver, and it didn't look very inspired.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

gerolf wrote:My biggest problem with the gun is that the shells do not fly out. Do you know how a break action works? Also, it looked way better in the post before.

Blox's version just looked like he added more lighting to it making it silver, and it didn't look very inspired.
Not all the break-action shotguns are also designed to eject empty shells completely out of the chamber when the barrel is opened,expecially if we're talking about old coachguns
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Yes, but yours do not move at all, which would make it take longer to pull them out (in reality).

Return to “General”