Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by Enjay »

Is anyone willing and able to do a frame for the Strife Acolyte where he is standing still in a similar stance to the Strife Rebel? I only need a single frame (but all 8 angles). I don't need him to be moving his head like the rebels do.

I did have a go myself but he turned out looking like a hunchback. :?

Thanks.

I had another go with this one myself and managed to get something that I am reasonably happy with this time.
Last edited by Enjay on Thu May 10, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

aaaaand while I'm at it, I don't suppose anyone fancies doing a replacement for the Templar firing frame do they. I have always thought that the one in the IWAD looked quite awkward and too sideways (and thereby not flowing well with the other frames).

I'd really like to have him standing square-on facing the front as he fires (possibly using the "horns swipe" frames as a guide for where the legs etc should be). I haven't had a go at this one myself yet but I will if I get some time. However, if someone else fancies a go...

Even nicer would be 2 frames - a "preparing to fire" frame and then the same frame but with the weapon flash on it.

Again, thanks to anyone who has a go.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Mr.Green wrote:Does anybody have bullet tracer sprites?
Brutal Doom have it, extract from there :wink:
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Enjay wrote:aaaaand while I'm at it, I don't suppose anyone fancies doing a replacement for the Templar firing frame do they. I have always thought that the one in the IWAD looked quite awkward and too sideways (and thereby not flowing well with the other frames).

I'd really like to have him standing square-on facing the front as he fires (possibly using the "horns swipe" frames as a guide for where the legs etc should be). I haven't had a go at this one myself yet but I will if I get some time. However, if someone else fancies a go...

Even nicer would be 2 frames - a "preparing to fire" frame and then the same frame but with the weapon flash on it.

Again, thanks to anyone who has a go.
I may be able to try something, but it may not be done as soon as you may wish though since I'm working on something else. You do want it to be the same color (green) right?
silentzora wrote:Here's a request... Can anyone shoop up a zombified Strife Rebel, carrying the Zombieman's assault rifle? By zombified, I mean visor reddened with blood, and blood spattered all over his armor, like a Doom former human. It's for use in another weapon/gameplay mod I'm working on, and R667's ZSec sprites don't fit the style I'm going for with this enemy.

If anyone accepts, please make sure the body armor is black/dark gray, while the helmet is green for translation. Any help at all is really appreciated. :)
It has to have the zombieman rifle?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

gerolf wrote:I may be able to try something, but it may not be done as soon as you may wish though since I'm working on something else. You do want it to be the same color (green) right?
The weapon flash presumably? Not sure actually. I am thinking about making the whole body green to make it easier to use for translations across other games (especially Doom). So, if the flash was also green that could cause problems. Having had a bit of success with the Acolyte, if I get time this weekend I'll give the Templar a go myself and see if I managed to get anything near what I want.

So, yeah, you not getting around to it for a while is may be no bad thing if I manage it myself because I wouldn't want to waste your time. I'll report back after I've had a go. Thanks for the offer.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

file.png
file.png (2.56 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
So far I've got this for you Enjay. If you're making a strife mod, then I could make the blast more yellow like, if you wanted to use this for Doom, I could make the gun a Gatling Gun. I can make the current weapon larger and higher up so it looks better if this isn't what you're going for.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Ooh, that looks good. I'm not really sure what the final destination is for the project yet. I've been meaning to do something for Strife for ages so it could well be there but I might make a cross-game mod of some sort. Ummm.. so, I think a yellow Strife compatible flash would probably work best. I plan on giving it an arachnotron like repeating plasma attack (and maybe other things too) so I can make projectiles that tie in with pretty much anything really. My biggest restriction is that I have to limit my time at my computer ATM because of an annoying problem with my arm so I can't make progress as quickly as I would like and that's also why help with something like this is really appreciated.

Gun position - as long as it looks reasonably placed for the enemy to be launching shots at the default height (32 I think) It'll be fine.

[edit] Interesting, Did that sprite come from the sheet on the Spriters resouce? It seems that there is a slight difference between that sheet and the actual game palette because when I load up the Strife palette, some of the colours change slightly. :? [/edit]
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Alright, I'll try to finish the idle rotations by Sunday, but they'll probably be done before then.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

gerolf wrote:It has to have the zombieman rifle?
Not particularly, but it would be easier for me to work with, considering the monster will be carrying multiple weapons. Why, did you have anything in particular envisioned?
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

silentzora, no. It would just be easier to do it without adding the gun. I could zombify it, then show it to you, and then add the gun, unless you really need the gun with it ASAP.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

gerolf wrote:silentzora, no. It would just be easier to do it without adding the gun. I could zombify it, then show it to you, and then add the gun, unless you really need the gun with it ASAP.
Your method sounds better. Yes, zombify him first, then add the gun. This will likely be the second to last monster I add to the roster, so please, take your time on it. :)
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Alright then, I'll try my best :)
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Could somebody make it look like Caleb is holding this frame? I tried myself, and it just didn't look good.
Attachments
01.png
01.png (3.15 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

hand, hand+thumb over stock, hand+fingers, hand+fingers+thumb over stock
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Thank you so much :)