GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Marnetmar

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.03: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Marnetmar »

MaxED wrote:
Marnetmar wrote:I'm unable to start this, I keep getting the "X has stopped working" error. I know it doesn't have anything to do with slimdx or all that jazz since I already have Doom Builder 2 installed. Little help?
Can you post "GZBuilder.log" file located in:
Windows Vista, 7: "C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\"
Windows XP: "C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Application Data\Doom Builder\"
Huh, that's odd. The regular builder log was there but there was no GZbuilder log :S
deathstalker666

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.04a: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by deathstalker666 »

Odd, I'm getting an error every time I try to go into Visual Mode. I load up the same map in regular Doom Builder and it works fine, but here it gives me an error - Index was outside the bounds of the array. I created a visual mode camera in a basic room, and yet cannot successfully load it in this editor.

Here is what I get when I hit details, perhaps it helps in figuring out what is wrong.
Spoiler:
Any ideas what the problem is with the editor?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

deathstalker666 wrote:Odd, I'm getting an error every time I try to go into Visual Mode. I load up the same map in regular Doom Builder and it works fine, but here it gives me an error - Index was outside the bounds of the array. I created a visual mode camera in a basic room, and yet cannot successfully load it in this editor.

I was unable to replicate this problem, but try this Builder.exe (added sanity check to CalculateNormalsAndShading() function, let's see if that helps)
MaxED

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.03: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by MaxED »

Marnetmar wrote:
MaxED wrote:
Marnetmar wrote:I'm unable to start this, I keep getting the "X has stopped working" error. I know it doesn't have anything to do with slimdx or all that jazz since I already have Doom Builder 2 installed. Little help?
Can you post "GZBuilder.log" file located in:
Windows Vista, 7: "C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\"
Windows XP: "C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Application Data\Doom Builder\"
Huh, that's odd. The regular builder log was there but there was no GZbuilder log :S
That's odd indeed, because creating a log file is among the first things Doom Builder 2 does after launch, so either dependencies aren't met (but they are met in you'r case) or GZDoomBuilder files are somehow damaged (what version of GZDoomBuilder do you have? Have you tried downloading newer ones?). And what version of Windows are you using?
Agentbromsnor

Re: GZDoomBuilder 1.02: GZDoom features in Doom Builder 2

Post by Agentbromsnor »

Thel wrote:it only works on Windows Seven/Vista/8?
No, it doesn't work on Vista either. You have to get lucky it seems.
deathstalker666

MaxED wrote:
deathstalker666 wrote:Odd, I'm getting an error every time I try to go into Visual Mode. I load up the same map in regular Doom Builder and it works fine, but here it gives me an error - Index was outside the bounds of the array. I created a visual mode camera in a basic room, and yet cannot successfully load it in this editor.

I was unable to replicate this problem, but try this Builder.exe (added sanity check to CalculateNormalsAndShading() function, let's see if that helps)
That actually did it! Thanks :).
UnixAssassin

Post by UnixAssassin »

I'm having a problem.

I'm using Skulltag (Doom In Hexen Format)

When I am making changes to textures/things in GZDoom Visual Mode, it doesn't apply in-game.
I would have to make the changes in regular Visual Mode.

Any fix to this?

I've changed to 1.04a and the problem still happens.
But no I can't even use regular Visual Mode..
Something about an Array error.

Also, why can't I use the Skulltag Things?
deathstalker666

1. Wouldn't it be better to use a UDMF? I honestly don't see the use of other branches if we have a universal format. The only format we have besides UDMF is Hexen anyway, is there a reason why this one has been left behind?

2. Unix, as this is built for GzDoom, this probably isn't the most compatible builder for Skulltag. That especially applies to the last comment you mentioned. You can only save to the GZDoom port, meaning you are trying to play GzDoom by using Skulltag.
disposable_username2

Post by disposable_username2 »

UnixAssassin wrote: I'm using Skulltag (Doom In Hexen Format)

When I am making changes to textures/things in GZDoom Visual Mode, it doesn't apply in-game.
GZDoom Visual Mode only works for Universal ZDoom Map Format maps.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

UnixAssassin wrote:I'm having a problem.

Any fix to this?

To use Skulltag things copy "Skulltag_DoomHexen.cfg" from "<GZDoomBuilder>\Configurations\Configs for other games\" to "<GZDoomBuilder>\Configurations\"
To fix Array error try replacing Builder.exe with one mentioned in a post previous to your's.
UnixAssassin

Post by UnixAssassin »

MaxED wrote:
UnixAssassin wrote:I'm having a problem.

Any fix to this?

To use Skulltag things copy "Skulltag_DoomHexen.cfg" from "<GZDoomBuilder>\Configurations\Configs for other games\" to "<GZDoomBuilder>\Configurations\"
To fix Array error try replacing Builder.exe with one mentioned in a post previous to your's.
I did that and there still ain't Skulltag things.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

UnixAssassin wrote:I did that and there still ain't Skulltag things.
1. Press "Open map" or "New Map" button
2. In "Map Options" dialog choose "Skulltag: Doom (Hexen format)" and click "OK".
Spoiler:
3. Go to Things Mode, add a thing, and voila:
Spoiler:
gdm413229
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by gdm413229 »

A Linux-only fork can come in handy for people who use Linux that are currently wanting to map for ZDoom without usage of a hex editor and so-called godlike brain processing power and with the ease of Doom Builder aswell. And don't forget to call it GTKBuilder, QtBuilder or even WxDBuilder depending on what user interface API it uses.
Jitan

Post by Jitan »

just asking, am I suppose to see the model in 3D in the gzdoom visual mod or just a box ?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

gdm413229 wrote:A Linux-only fork can come in handy for people who use Linux that are currently wanting to map for ZDoom without usage of a hex editor and so-called godlike brain processing power and with the ease of Doom Builder aswell. And don't forget to call it GTKBuilder, QtBuilder or even WxDBuilder depending on what user interface API it uses.
It would be one hell of a job, since Doom Builder 2 is written in C# and DirectX... I think Slade 3 has much better chances to be ported to Linux.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”