Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
gerolf

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by gerolf »

Enjay: Let me get back to you on this, Duke Nukem is one of my favorite games, and so I should probably be able to work something up, or find something.

EDIT: There was a HQ sound pack on 3DR forums, but the link is down. I could enhance it (make it louder) but that's about it. I think DN64 had the same sound in the same quality.
Last edited by gerolf on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

DooM's sounds are almost all 11025Hz, while Duke used wacky bitrates as low as 8000Hz. Something about the game's sound engine makes them not sound nearly as terrible as you'd expect.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Does anyone have a pump shotgun that looks like Caleb (Blood) is using it? Like with a wooden stock, and tilted? Or could someone make one? As long as it's an old looking shotgun (meaning not modern like a SPAS or whatever). Any help would be very appreciated, as I am working on a project that would really need a weapon like this.

No longer needed.
Last edited by gerolf on Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

gerolf wrote:EDIT: There was a HQ sound pack on 3DR forums, but the link is down. I could enhance it (make it louder) but that's about it. I think DN64 had the same sound in the same quality.
Sorry, I didn't spot your edit. I've been googling around for the HQ music pack but all I have come up with is this which seems to include the pack but I can't download something of that size. :?

I can edit the file myself to make it louder or apply some filters but nothing I have tried really makes it sound much better.

Thanks for trying though. It's appreciated. If you think of something else, I'm still looking. :)
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

The reason you can't find that pack and no further progress was made was because there weren't any higher quality versions of old sounds, it was just new sounds entirely. No pack of high quality sounds has been released or even started on, to my knowledge. I'd definitely be interested in helping out someone who wanted to do that.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Ah, OK. I guess the Duke community needs a visit from Perkristian. Thanks for the info.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

I wish it were easier to find a better version of the sound :/
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

These three sounds were pulled from a 1997 puzzle game called Marble Drop. 003 is the most like what you're looking for, 023 is a more mechanical sound, and 029 is if you decide you want your light switches to sound like a pinball table. =P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks. I might be able to mix 023 in with the Duke sound or something to get it how I would like.
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

Enjay wrote:Ah, OK. I guess the Duke community needs a visit from Perkristian. Thanks for the info.
I'll try to get in touch with him. No problem.
superchaingunner

Post by superchaingunner »

can someone pass me a pistol sprite with the hands of strife
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Pig Cop.zip
(156.18 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Could someone please edit this Pig Cop to have the words "T.I.E.R." replace "L.A.R.D." Not all need to be edited because in some you can't even read the letters or they're just not visible at all. I don't need it in Doom palette or anything.

This Pig Cop comes from an abandoned "Lameduke" project by user Cage on the Duke4.net forums.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Here's a request... Can anyone shoop up a zombified Strife Rebel, carrying the Zombieman's assault rifle? By zombified, I mean visor reddened with blood, and blood spattered all over his armor, like a Doom former human. It's for use in another weapon/gameplay mod I'm working on, and R667's ZSec sprites don't fit the style I'm going for with this enemy.

If anyone accepts, please make sure the body armor is black/dark gray, while the helmet is green for translation. Any help at all is really appreciated. :)
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

Does anybody have bullet tracer sprites?

Return to “Requests”