Threshold Of Pain II - ACT 2 RELEASED

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cyanosis

Re: Threshold Of Pain II

Post by Cyanosis »

Oh yes, I definitely approve, as I enjoyed ToP very much, good to see you're working on the sequel finally.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

:D Glad to see the sequel is coming to light. Do not want this suggestion to get crazy here but I never like the fact the sounds of the chaingun and ssg would cut out so I made a mod that prevents that by using the A_PlaySoundEx. I think it would be cool to see a mod incorporate this.
Attachments
Inproved sounds for Chaingun and SSG.zip
Just for the record the DSGATLI1 is psxpistol and DSGATLI2 is the psxpistol inverted to prevent the crappy looping sound.
(73.85 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

I decided to civilize myself, and took tour in original ToP. And I find it pretty good, and quite challenging. Approved by dude who fails at games. :thumb:

If nothing horrible goes wrong, I think we have amazing sequel. :D
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

YES!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Good work, INTD! They sound a lot closer to the Playstation now. Don't see any reason not to include this.

(To be honest, I'd been looking for an excuse to bring ToP1 up to spec with the new Nightmare Imp sprites, might just throw this in there too!)

Cheers for the encouragement, everyone!
Last edited by scalliano on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Looks pretty cool. Something I like to do with supplies is to sometimes put the ammo you need to clear a room on the higher difficulties inside the room so the player can't just sit in relative safety in the hallway and pick the monsters off as they leave the room.

It's also more fun that way!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Taken on board! What I'm also trying to do is make the player rely more on ammo drops from enemies this time around. The reason I spammed ammo everywhere in Threshold 1 was down to a few players on the Skulltag forums complaining that they kept running dry on the demo I put out, and after watching a mate do the same thing when I watched him play through (even though he's more of a duck'n'cover CoD player) I decided to up the ammo count a bit. Thing is, I really didn't increase it by a lot, but enough so that I could leave almost every level pretty much tanked.

That said, this time around there are more guys who drop gear, so the ammo caches arefewer and further between. Minus the secrets, of course ;)
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Just loved seeing these melee zombies. It was something that lacked in Doom.
Simply there was no reason for so many military zombies and no traces of staff.

Nice work, and very a good ambience :)
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Map02 done. I really need to stop making terrain levels:
Springy

Post by Springy »

Looking good so far can't wait for it and I'm liking that sprite for the nightmare imp as well.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Man those screenshots are gorgeous. I really loved the first one and I definitely am going to await this one.
Like the looks of those melee zombies. Am interested in seeing how the new bosses shape up as well.
scalliano

Re: Threshold Of Pain II - DEMO RELEASED

Post by scalliano »

3-map demo released for feedback purposes. Enjoy, and please post any bugs/issues.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Few problems: the acid demon melee is causing the game to not run(do not know why), waterfall animation dose not have an ANIDEF(as seen in the second level), and in the first level one of the secret level dose not have anything in it(unless I am missing something). Overall level layout is definitively worthy for a sequel (still have to beat the third map) and look forward to the final release :thumb: .
Attachments
2Screenshots.zip
To show where the one secret level and the waterfall.
(249.53 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Ah, I appear to have deleted the appropriate ANIMDEFS file during cleanup for the demo. I'll update the download. Not sure why the pistol isn't showing up in the secret area, it works at this end. Try updating your SVN (the Acid Demon requires it).
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

finally! downloading now...

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”