Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
VICE

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by VICE »

I think I'll give that sentry a crack, I always liked how it looked, and I have a nifty idea on how to do it.
It'll look slightly different than the one in Doom 3, though.

Edit: Here's the first frame from the side. I used the deployable turret from the 667 repository and the Arachnatron as a base. It turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. :P
What do you think?
SENTA3A7.png
SENTA3A7.png (2.74 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
It's big for convenience's sake. Obviously it will need to be scaled down in Decorate.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

It would be nice to see that sprite set finished, but I quite sure Enjay was asking for a conversion of the Doom 3 model converted to a format workable in GZDoom.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Ah yes, I don't know why I thought he asked for either a model or a sprite. :laff:

I'm going to try finishing it bit by bit anyway. It won't have any pain sprites and the head doesn't move unless it's firing, so after the first frame is all done it shouldn't be too hard to do the rest.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

InsanityBringer is correct, I was asking about the model. However, the sprite does look cool and would be worth continuing with IMO.
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rollingcrow »

Could anyone give this knife a grip like this?
Blox

Post by Blox »

I think it's best if someone (perhaps me?) tried to make that MW hand into a doom one.

For the time being, here's an edit of my roflold knife, that originates way before I even had this tablet.

And that's why I said the former thing.

Edit: Rofl:
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

No offense, but that really doesn't look right.

The knife and hand are being shown in two completely different perspectives. Well, that or the handle is curved sharply.
Blox

Post by Blox »

I "know" it doesn't look right.

Also, more rofl:
Spoiler:

Funnily enough, it reminds me of the fighter's hand/arm, just without the gauntlet.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Enjay wrote:Has anyone converted the Doom3 sentry bot model so that it can be used in GZDoom?

If not, does anyone fancy doing it?

Please? :)
You may ask Revilution. ;) If he didn't made it yet, it will be easy for him to do.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Going rip the sentry..................
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Here are the model with texture, now you just need create the pk3 and do the rest of the job :wink:

btw, i'll send you the Password via PM
Blox

Post by Blox »

What is this?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Blox wrote:What is this?
It's evidently intended for Enjay only.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Revilution wrote:Here are the model with texture, now you just need create the pk3 and do the rest of the job :wink:

btw, i'll send you the Password via PM
Ah, thank you very much. :yup:

It'll take me a while to get it all sorted out and set up for GZDoom but I'll get there. IIRC GZDoom only supports 4 models per actor and this has a total of 7 but I'm sure I will be able to devise some way of using them all - or at least the best of them. Can I ask what program you use for converting the Doom3 models to MD3s? If it's a reasonably straight forward process, I wouldn't mind having a go myself.

Something that I hadn't thought about: - we all recognise the sentry as a small helper droid from the original game but looking at the model and the detail of the skin, it would make a good, large enemy robot filling a similar niche to the arachnotron or even the spiderdemon if a large four legged robot enemy was needed.

BTW, I have no particular need to keep anything to do with this secret so if you want to let other people know the password I'm fine with that.

Again, thank you very much. I really appreciate you putting this effort in on my behalf.

[edit] added screenshots [/edit]
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Enjay wrote:IIRC GZDoom only supports 4 models per actor and this has a total of 7 but I'm sure I will be able to devise some way of using them all - or at least the best of them. Can I ask what program you use for converting the Doom3 models to MD3s? If it's a reasonably straight forward process, I wouldn't mind having a go myself.
Ahnn, these 7 models is just the animations of Sentry separated, the model itself is just one, in this case you need create various definitions in modeldef for the same actor, like i do with the player models in Hunter's Moon, for each special animation you need define separated like this:
Spoiler:
The run animation are in the first definition, the crouch in second and jump in third.
with sentry you need do the same for these 7 models, in this case you have 7 possible actions for Sentry.

also, i use a Script for Blender 2.49b to rip the models, i don't remeber where i get it because i "googled" that XD

at last, i send the sentry only to you because as you know, the content isn't of my authorship, so, free redistribution isn't allowed.

Return to “Requests”