[WIP] In The Deep Earth - New Player Classes!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Re: [WIP] In The Deep Earth - Grenades Working

Post by Tormentor667 »

I really like that, keep it up :)
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Still missing a class 4 gun for Helen, and a class 7 Gun for Magnus, but it's progress.
Screenshot_Doom_20120310_161307.png
I'm also working on a new set of levels, more to the look of Hell Void, as practice.
Screenshot_Doom_20120311_202818.png
EDIT: Helen's class 4 is done. I still have no Idea what to do about Magnus.
EDIT: EDIT: Magnus's class 7 is done, I still have some black magic and voodoo left to put in, as well as some more maps. Any suggestions?
.ex.inferis.

Post by .ex.inferis. »

First off, I want to say that I am a big fan of your work and I thoroughly enjoy this as well as Void. :D I'm also loving the Quake 1 vibe this has, but I'd like to make a suggestion.
Spoiler: For those who haven't played it yet!
zrrion the insect

I see. Well, it may please you to know that their will be one or two more maps after that. That "boss" is really a mini-boss. I have something strange planned for the final map and the actual boss. I may edit that mini-boss to fit in better aesthetically though.
(on a side note, I'm glad to see that map04 wasn't super offensive. :wink: )
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

zrrion the insect wrote:(on a side note, I'm glad to see that map04 wasn't super offensive. :wink: )
You mean killing the virgins?

Anywho, I felt that some of the dropped items can get stuck in very inconvenient places (such as the elevator central post :( )

But all in all, this is one heck of a mod! I fell though the rifle needs to be tweaked a little more.

P.S. make the one liners louder... I can barely hear them
zrrion the insect

Re: [WIP] In The Deep Earth - New Player Classes!

insightguy wrote:P.S. make the one liners louder... I can barely hear them
I haven't messed with the one liners much. Mostly due to the fact that I still need to find voice actors for the two new player classes.

Check the first post for a new version with:
*Two new player classes
*Four new weapons
*And several tweaks.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

If you're looking for some voice acting, I'm totally down. Just got a studio quality mic a while back and I'm looking to get some practice in.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Great work on this! Fantastic presentation and everything! :D

I'm also available for voice-acting! Shoot me a PM sometime, I'd be glad to be apart of this great project. :)
.ex.inferis.

Post by .ex.inferis. »

zrrion the insect wrote:I see. Well, it may please you to know that their will be one or two more maps after that. That "boss" is really a mini-boss. I have something strange planned for the final map and the actual boss. I may edit that mini-boss to fit in better aesthetically though.
(on a side note, I'm glad to see that map04 wasn't super offensive. :wink: )
That sounds intriguing. Can't wait to see what you can do with that guy. :D The new weapons are pretty good, especially the two new classes' class 7. Very nicely done. The only thing is that I found Helen's to be a little weak sometimes, but that's just a very minor nitpick. I also loved the effect at the exit of map02. Reminded me of Silent Hill a little bit, which is always good in my book. And regarding map04, it wasn't offensive at all. I understand that some people might find it that way, but it's only a game, imo.
zrrion the insect

I've been playing through, looking for bugs and whatnot, and I discovered a bug.
Ivan's Class 7 weapon is not entirely compatible with MAP04. It seems that killing multiple sacrifices at the same time breaks things. :(
I'll see what I can do to fix that, smooth other things out, and I'll probably tweak the rifle more.
The final map's coming along rather well, and should be done soon. The boss, however, may not be done for some time.

EDIT: Ivan's Class 7 Now works, The error wasn't as huge as I thought it was, all it needed was a delay between the last monster death, and the sacrifices becoming vulnerable again.
Last edited by zrrion the insect on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.ex.inferis.

Post by .ex.inferis. »

Personally, I love the rifle, especially in its zoomed mode. If you do end up tweaking it, I think it'd benefit from upping the fire rate a little while not zoomed to make it a bit more useful when you're fighting large groups (like in the 3rd wave in the elevator). Regarding the Ivan issue, maybe holding off on spawning the class 7 crate until all you have left is the last sacrifice would do it. Or a way of having the weapon obviate the sacrificial victims as targets.
Doomer_1996

Post by Doomer_1996 »

I think the mod's pretty much awesome. The maps are particularly interesting and well made, IMO.
However, i think that the mining laser is somewhat underpowered...anyway, excelent mod, i'm really eager about the upcoming updates ;)
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Looks really cool, and the maps are really well done too. I just have to wonder why 90% of the projects out there are thought for a 4:3 aspect ratio? You know, most computer screens are 16:9 these days...
VICE

Post by VICE »

Spotted a couple of typos:
When selecting difficulty, Eternal damnation's text says "you're feet". I am not feet. D:

At the start of the level after the elevator, your character says they can "fell" them coming.

The grenades are kind of wonky, they seem to fly off like nothing. Maybe you should try increasing their gravity, or reducing their bounce factor.

Other than that, good stuff. I like the tarnished color scheme and the changes you've made to the monsters. I really like some of the environmental effects like the walls with guts that spit out blood.
I am also extremely fond of the quake-style difficulty selection. :)
zrrion the insect

Megaherz wrote:I am also extremely fond of the quake-style difficulty selection. :)
When I started this I'd just pulled down Demons of Problematique 2, and I had a small map started that wasn't going anywhere, so I went for it, sounds like that was a good choice.
Doomer_1996 wrote:I think the mod's pretty much awesome... i'm really eager about the upcoming updates ;)
Glad you like it. I've got some .oggs for Magnus, He's missing a few, so those are still the original voice. I (finally) found someone to do the voice acting for Helen, I don't have any idea what I can use for her roid-rage strings though.(Ideas?) :/ There are a few cool secrets added, which should be rather neat.

My biggest problem right now is that I've run out of steam concerning additional invasion maps, that and I'm trying to get the feel of regular mapping again so I can add something to ZDCMP2.
I may just add some additional stuff to map04, and swap the terminator out for the actual boss, (which I have yet to start). We'll see.
As for a new update, I'll hold off on that until I have at least some of Helen's VA done.(I tried to do a mock-up by doing a women's voice a la Monty Python, but it ended badly. :( )
Spoiler: Screneshots, Yay!

Return to “Levels”