[v1.01 released (03-03-12)] TUTNT: Take II

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheMistress

Re: [v1.0 released (02-18-12)] TUTNT: Take II

Post by TheMistress »

Isn't there any other site you could Upload this to? Or anyone else that could do it for me, Please? Because i really want to try this out ^^".
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

EDIT: The Sendspace link for v1.01 is dead. Here is a MediaFire link: TUTNTTII.zip
Last edited by wolfman on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Ahh, thanks a lot wolfman. Link added in the 1st page.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Afaik, there are no calls at all that check in game for the player class names, so you can actually replace them.
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

wolfman wrote:Uploaded to MediaFire.
THANKS ALOT :D! I owe you one ;).
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, noticed two bugs after my second complete runthrough:
  • In Episode 4 Map 1 you will see in the large outdoor area that two types of meteors are spawned. The new ones (in the skybox) and the old ones in the accessable area. I guess you most likely altered the original comets from the afrit, as the new ines that look better inherit from these. So, the ones in the skybox are the right ones for the meteor shower in TNT4:1.
  • The Revenant in UTNT is actually a new one with a different projectile, but it doesn't seem to have any effect attached. Maybe you missed that one.
The second one is only minor but the first one is an aesthetical important thing.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Tormentor667 wrote:Okay, noticed two bugs after my second complete runthrough:
  • In Episode 4 Map 1 you will see in the large outdoor area that two types of meteors are spawned. The new ones (in the skybox) and the old ones in the accessable area. I guess you most likely altered the original comets from the afrit, as the new ines that look better inherit from these. So, the ones in the skybox are the right ones for the meteor shower in TNT4:1.
  • The Revenant in UTNT is actually a new one with a different projectile, but it doesn't seem to have any effect attached. Maybe you missed that one.
The second one is only minor but the first one is an aesthetical important thing.
About the revenant: As in v1.07 (which, AFAIK is the very last one) there was absolutely nothing changed about it. In fact, the only mention of the word "revenant" in tutnt-v107.pk3/tntres.wad/DEC_MONS is a section at the very bottom of the file, where it is commented out. So, technically, other than the visuals, there's no change in Take II vs v1.07

About the comet, that's a part where I have zero clue. I only changed the actors I needed to (i.e. the actor "Comet" and "CometTail") but I made whole new actors for them, with new names, instead of inheriting, and I used "replaces" instead of any other method to replace them. So, in theory, whatever calls "Comet" will instead spawn "DBTComet". I dont really know why it is spawning the TakeII afrit ones instead of the ones you want, but to change that, probably one would have to mess with the scripts that spawn the comets in that map, and that's beyond the scope of this mod.

EDIT: nevermind that part above. I found the reason: The SpawnID number. A leftover of the old actor in the new definition. Still that kinda leads me to think that the SpawnID numbers were being overwritten somewhere in the original mod anyway, otherwise, the regular afrit comet would be spawning there.
DBThanatos

Re: [v1.01 released (03-03-12)] TUTNT: Take II

Post by DBThanatos »

And I just updated the 1st post with the "New version" which takes care of the issue mentioned above (the comet, as the revenant is not a bug/issue). Also I changed the player classes name to avoid having any warnings in the console.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I only see the 1.0 link, but no 1.01 link, where is it?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Ah. I forgot to put the "1" at the first link in the original post.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Wow, this is very nice. The sounds, the fancy effects, everything (well, actually, specifically the gore). And not only have you made an interesting mod, DBThanatos, but you've also pointed me straight towards a different mod of which I've never heard of. You, sir, get a cookie. Er, well... Okay, maybe not.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Thanks. I always wanted to give it another play but the contrast between big detailed maps and plain and simple effects kinda killed the mood for me. And so the idea of TUTNTTII was born.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

...STRONGHOLDTII... :D
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Tormentor667 wrote:...STRONGHOLDTII... :D
Sorry, but that's a "no". I dont really enjoy that mod, at all, and there's no point for me to make a mod I wont enjoy. Sure, it wouldnt take too long to do, but without interest, even a 2 hours mod will become stagnant right away.

Anyone is welcome to use/reuse the stuff already done in this mod (TUTNTTII) in a "enhancement pack" for stronghold, since I believe it shares a lot of bestiary actors and whatnot, but other than that, I'll have no involvement with said mod if it ever was created.
mckracken

Post by mckracken »

this graphics effects pack is very much appreciated! (most gfx pk3 dont play well with other TC))

love that smoke! Your BFG is very nicely done!! (best would be the one from the Particle Fire Enhancer 0.8)
the Plasma could have used more work...its looking like a stream of blue snow..

anyway thanks for making your mod even prettier!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”