[v1.01 released (03-03-12)] TUTNT: Take II

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DBThanatos

Re: [Full version released (02-18-12)] TUTNT: Take II

Post by DBThanatos »

@rsl: Thanks a lot. Actually, I used the one in "Parallel Forces", but I edited it quite a bit to make it less jumpy. I gotta say this is the longest I've invested in sprite editing :P

And well, announcement time.

This thing has been released, fully released. See page one for the specifics of the whole mod if you havent.

If you downloaded the beta, this is pretty much the same but with the new minigun, new fx for the powerup pickups, added some dynamic lights that were missing in the original mod, and... a brand new teleport fog (IS LIKE OMGZ!! never seen before in a doom mod before!!1!).
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Could you please upload it to Mediafire or so?, Each time i click "DOWNLOAD NOW" i get this: "Can't load the WebPage because the Server didn't send any Data.".
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

I didn't had any problems with this download link. :shrug:

Anyway, downloading this now.
And dammit, looks like worth of 68 megs is missing, too... :blergh:

.:edit:.
I am starting to hate my laptop being so outdated...

This looks so good. Those mancubi shots looks quite neat. And the sounds, oh yes. Not so 90's anymore. :p
Not bad job man. Not at all. :thumb:
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

TheMistress wrote:Could you please upload it to Mediafire or so?, Each time i click "DOWNLOAD NOW" i get this: "Can't load the WebPage because the Server didn't send any Data.".
Weird. I dont have issues with the download in sendspace. Ok, well... I just tried uploading it to mediafire but for some odd reason the upload gets stuck at 2%. :shrug: I guess some pages works for some people and others dont :P

CorSair wrote:And dammit, looks like worth of 68 megs is missing, too... :blergh:
Well, here I think is my fault. I guess "full version released" is indeed a bit misleading. I didnt mean that it has all the TUTNT data, but that this is not the beta anymore. You still need to get "TUTNT.pk3" (v1.3) (v1.07) in order to play this.

Title changed to "v1.0 released".
Last edited by DBThanatos on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: [v1.0 released (02-18-12)] TUTNT: Take II

Post by Kappes Buur »

:cry:
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

This might be a stupid question, but did you load the enhancement Pk3 AFTER tutnt's pk3?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

That's precisely what it must be. Either that or the TUTNT.pk3 is completely missing.
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

DBThanatos wrote: Well, here I think is my fault. I guess "full version released" is indeed a bit misleading. I didnt mean that it has all the TUTNT data, but that this is not the beta anymore. You still need to get "TUTNT.pk3" (v1.3) in order to play this.
Heh, didn't meant that exactly. I have somehow managed to either delete TUTNT, or similar. And my idiocy somehow is involved to that, I am sure. :/
But maybe include links to original files from Realm667 and DoomWorld, yes?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Well, the link is in the readme file. But I guess there's no harm putting the link in the 1st post here too.
xDFx IRONWING

Post by xDFx IRONWING »

You say this needs version 1.03? Well I can't find that anywhere, and if I try to load version 1.07, which is the currently released one, this doesn't work. And yes, I loaded Take II after TUTNT.pk3. It still didn't work. I checked my GZdoom version and thats up to snuff as well.

So where can we get version 1.03?
rsl

Post by rsl »

DBThanatos wrote:

@rsl: Thanks a lot. Actually, I used the one in "Parallel Forces", but I edited it quite a bit to make it less jumpy. I gotta say this is the longest I've invested in sprite editing
You're welcome! I'm glad you found it worth the inclusion. :)
By the way, I should probably have pointed this out before, but the original minigun sprites are from a ZDaemon-specific weapons modification by Shinobi, so you might want to include him in the credits. :wink:
Find his original mod here: https://sites.google.com/site/shinobicl/.

Oh, and I forgot: the final result is great! :D Guess I'll be another one who will replay the whole TUTNT soon... :!:
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

May I ask if you can smooth the fist, glove it and right hand it.

Use the Beautiful doom fist or find another one. there are tons :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Brilliant work, looks awesome and also plays very smooth on my machine. I already posted a news item on the Realm667 and put the whole mod to the official project page. Thanks a lot for that!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Just noticed a little issue: The player classes were registered more than once, the startup log of GZDoom just says this. Maybe you want to fix that as well.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

xDFx IRONWING wrote:You say this needs version 1.03? Well I can't find that anywhere, and if I try to load version 1.07, which is the currently released one, this doesn't work. And yes, I loaded Take II after TUTNT.pk3. It still didn't work. I checked my GZdoom version and thats up to snuff as well.

So where can we get version 1.03?
Actually, it was a mistake in my post, because the file that is needed indeed, is the 1.07, as the readme says:
The readme wrote:Other files required : Imperative to have TUTNT.pk3 (v1.07)
rsl wrote:
DBThanatos wrote:

@rsl: Thanks a lot. Actually, I used the one in "Parallel Forces", but I edited it quite a bit to make it less jumpy. I gotta say this is the longest I've invested in sprite editing
You're welcome! I'm glad you found it worth the inclusion. :)
By the way, I should probably have pointed this out before, but the original minigun sprites are from a ZDaemon-specific weapons modification by Shinobi, so you might want to include him in the credits. :wink:
Find his original mod here: https://sites.google.com/site/shinobicl/.

Oh, and I forgot: the final result is great! :D Guess I'll be another one who will replay the whole TUTNT soon... :!:
Ah! that's some useful information. I will add him in the credits. :D
insightguy wrote:May I ask if you can smooth the fist, glove it and right hand it.

Use the Beautiful doom fist or find another one. there are tons :)
Actually, the graphics are there already, I just never got around adding it.

@Tormentor667: Thanks. However, the issue of the duplicated actors is expected and also mentioned on the readme
The readme wrote:Known Bugs : None yet. Just 3 warnings regarding duplicate actors.
The reason behind that, is that I wasnt sure how much the mod depended on those 3 classes, so I didnt want to risk breaking anything by adding new player classes that start with the enhanced weapons; instead, I used the same actor names to ensure maximum compatibility at the cost of 3 warning messages.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”