Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
DefconRazor32

Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Hello my name is DefconRazor32 I come from the Skulltag and gzdoom forum I wanted to see if anyone would like to help me on my effort by trying and testing
this resource. I have been maintaining this resource. I understand that there are some Doom 2 texture packs, but I'm attempting a few things different from the
rest of the other doom 2 texture packs. I'm including custom Decorate and a title pic formed with some dark rusted hellish and ash like textures those
are my goals for this pack I'm not guaranteeing it, but I'm almost done with the software phase of my texture pack I have screenshots to prove my efforts.
Spoiler:
Last edited by DefconRazor32 on Sun May 29, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Doom 2 Recolored [Project] [Sprites][ Textures]

Post by Tapwave »

The two first screenies look way WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too red, but the other textures look rather interesting.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

terranova wrote:The two first screenies look way WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too red, but the other textures look rather interesting.

Didn't notice they were too red i was just showing it as a demo pic trying to show the bloodiness . I'm happy you like the other screenshots .
I'm still trying out a demo map for this resource. I got newer screenshots coming soon if image shack doesn't act up they will showcase the demo map.
Trying to put in some good detail into the map tho.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

DefconRazor32 wrote:I got newer screenshots coming soon if image shack doesn't act up they will showcase the demo map.
Try imgur instead.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Blue Shadow thank you for the info on imgur much appreciated. I got some thumbnails on some of the open gl type textures too so that way i can show more whats in store for that part, the part will be released later when mid December comes. I hope the newest image will convey on my thoughts on my projects to come when i try to really try to get the mapping for this. I would like to see others using this resource and see what they can come up with. I'm very slow when it comes to mapping :(
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Spoiler:

The preview i will be showing is a small taste for 2.5 in the doom recolored project 3.0 won't be coming soon cause i need to get some more textures or other lasting textures in. Thursday or Friday i will be finishing whats left in the 2.5 update and will be getting the previews for the opengl textures show coming soon. I will be releasing 2.5 when i edit the first post. The rest of the 2.5 update required is doom 2 compliant floor textures in-case people use just doom 2 or boom or the old formats when they map. I plan to get the mapping up to udmf format with the test demo map. I'm looking into releasing the small unfinished demo upon each few months. I'm still looking for testers, mappers or anyone who wants to volunteer and contribute in making their own map (I'm not begging, it's up to you if ya wanna add to this project). I plan to credit anyone who helps me. :mrgreen:
Nash

Post by Nash »

These are actually quite good! Are they meant as a texture replacer for vanilla maps? I like the dark look you are going for... makes everything look really aged and depressing.

(The first screenshot reminds me of Silent Hill \m/)
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Nash wrote:These are actually quite good! Are they meant as a texture replacer for vanilla maps? I like the dark look you are going for... makes everything look really aged and depressing.

(The first screenshot reminds me of Silent Hill \m/)

Personally my main goal was to make an somewhat aged or silent-hillish nightmare but in doom's some what hellish world.
I took about a year or two with hardly much experience at the start and i been aiming at vanilla maps mainly as a so called
compatibility requirement so if it's aimed at vanilla yes i would kinda answer that as it is the software version of the build and the main one.

I hope everyone knows this was worked with Gimp as the base program and i worked on and off. I think if i didn't use Gimp these so called bio-hazard mutations of doom wouldn't be here. I still use xwe as the base wad editor and not slade despite the ideal nature i have with xwe letting me load and manage lumps directly through the sections . I can't use slade no matter what advice i was given at skulltag, slade isn't my bag even if it's better then the outdated xwe.

I think after this week i will be taking a vacation from my research on the doom2recolored project to enjoy the Christmas with my family so if i don't reply during the holiday it means I'm busy with real life issues. :D
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

this + psxdoom ost wad + weapon mod that makes the game harder = survival horror doom
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

chronoteeth wrote:this + psxdoom ost wad + weapon mod that makes the game harder = survival horror doom

That can only work if the community actually gets weapons made or people can actually contribute to helping out.
Alone i can't do the whole map stuff cause i can't map like fast. Still would love to see some nice community doom
maps made when 2.5 is finished with all the uploads.

Everyone 2.5 is upon us and I still gotta a long while before i completely finish this side of the project. Currently 2.5 is on the drd file server till i get the rest up.
I'll have the other links up in a few hours. When i'm done the whole first post will be edited with all new links for the 2.5.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

DefconRazor32 wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:this + psxdoom ost wad + weapon mod that makes the game harder = survival horror doom

That can only work if the community actually gets weapons made or people can actually contribute to helping out.
Alone i can't do the whole map stuff cause i can't map like fast. Still would love to see some nice community doom
maps made when 2.5 is finished with all the uploads.
Actually, you can simply drag multiple WADs in Zdoom, you don't need to combine 'em first :p
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

oh I get what you mean terranova, but as of now i haven't found any modified weapons to use in my pk3 and i need to put necessary credits or permission before i use them.
I'm still new to weapons mods only ones i seen were the ones used in thing like utnt or the drown in blood wad. I don't know many weapon mods in general and i don't wanna use overpowered or realm667 stuff cause i'm worried about this project and don't wanna ruin it. I would take any suggestions. I generally don't know how to manage pk3 lumps for weapons slots either. I know to my own knowledge how to manage only texture resources. :(
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

DefconRazor32 wrote:oh I get what you mean terranova, but as of now i haven't found any modified weapons to use in my pk3 and i need to put necessary credits or permission before i use them.
I don"t think you need to do that. I'd rather use your mod as a texture replacer and make it go along with other maps and weapon mods, mix n' match some stuff until i find something good.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

terranova wrote:
DefconRazor32 wrote:oh I get what you mean terranova, but as of now i haven't found any modified weapons to use in my pk3 and i need to put necessary credits or permission before i use them.
I don"t think you need to do that. I'd rather use your mod as a texture replacer and make it go along with other maps and weapon mods, mix n' match some stuff until i find something good.

I forgot to mention i also have an added decorate too it works for anything zdoom or udmf but the decorate won't work in doom 2 utilized fomate meaning doom 2 itself as an addition I'm adding newer decorate too but i don't have the info for them I'm making the broken tall techno floor lamps
Spoiler:

I'm working on more but i need documents concerning the doom2's original decorate code so i can finish most what i need for the 3.0 update
or things won't be finished for quite i while.
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

DefconRazor32 wrote:I'm working on more but i need documents concerning the doom2's original decorate code so i can finish most what i need for the 3.0 update
Have a little look in ZDoom.pk3 -> Actors -> Doom folder, if I'm reading your post correctly.

Return to “Resources”