[Released] Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Doomguy 2000

[Released] Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

The wad that I have been working on is finally here. You get to choose from 90 different difficulties and player classes. This also comes with my own maps and storyline to go with it.

There are 2 different versions. The maps are meant to be played with the normal Doom difficulties so when selecting these new ones I made they won't do much except maybe increase the ammo factor. They only replace the normal actors like the Zombieman for example. I hope I have cleared up some of this confusion that people were having. My final words of advise is to read the readmes since they will help you out when it come to stuff like this.

Regular version recommend for this community because we already know how to combine wads together.
It comes with Wargold.pk3 and Warmaps.wad.
Link removed by request - mgmt

For those who don't know how to combine Wads and still want to play some of my maps.
This is Wargold and Warmaps combined into what is called Warstory.pk3
Link removed by request - mgmt

I have learned much from the criticism and also addressed some of the complaints such as the wall of text and replacing the Shadow Warrior quad shotgun with Cannon shotgun. You can check out the readme for all of the changes and improvements I made over the year. There's also separate text documents for the difficulties, player classes, help for new people who don't know much about the advancements of ZDoom and credits.

The credits have also been improved with me making sure I track the person of people who made the monsters, weapons, and items.

There are some difficulties meant to be impossible, innovative gameplay ideas I came up myself, novelty joke, etc.

Released Trailer with some varied gameplay footage.

The hour 1 trailer I posted 3 weeks ago.

Epic roster matchup I made in October.

Just like before you can vote on the polls for feedback such as the rating you would give it.
http://www.doomguy2000.com/feedback.html

Hopefully you guys like this wad more than the original but like always I am interested in what you think about all of this.
Last edited by Doomguy 2000 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NuroGL

Re: [Released] Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition

Post by NuroGL »

lol ^
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Hey, remember how you lost to AEoD (how that won is beyond me, no matter what Scuba says) the Worst Wad of 2010 Cacoward? Congratulations. You just won the 2011 Worst Wad Cacoward.

I didn't even download this and ,from the trailers, I can already tell that you barely made any changes to the first warzone. From what I can see from the file, you just added 50mb of crappy maps, pointless game modes, and needless characters to the folder and called it a day.

Someone who's good with compression, how big should this wad really be? I'm guessing only 30mb.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Since you seem to have not listened to the original List of Grievances (just from watching the trailers...), here it is again. I can easily make you another if you disagree with this at all, but I figured, you've recycled your product, why shouldn't I? =P
My original list wrote:
  1. Why the HELL is this 150 megabytes? Is there that much content, or did you just steal half of AEOD and fill the rest with MP3 music?
  2. It took about five minutes for the file to reach me. I am on fiber-optic broadband internet.
  3. I accidentally extracted your gargantuan ZIP file to the wrong drive, and it took a while to move it to the correct one.
  4. Just to make sure I wasn't loading stuff I shouldn't load, I looked at your readme. You list a LOT of weapons, in fact there are seven weapons on the number 1 key alone. That's too damn many. If I wanted to use the Gauntlet, for example, I would have to press the number 1 about four times to get to the one I want, more if I accidentally press it too many times. (And no, telling me to bind a key to "use Gauntlet" in the console is not a solution; that's a workaround that shouldn't need to exist.)
  5. There are also a lot of player classes. You have evidently tried to make them different, but many of them seem to start with almost every weapon you'd ever need, making it kind of pointless to even pick up more weapons.
  6. Your PK3 files are merely zipped WADs. Don't do this! It wastes memory, and you're supposed to be using the PK3 to store the data.
  7. Actually starting this now. I will not load your music packs as my tastes don't fall under your categories. I've loaded Epic2.wad to play with it.
  8. I am assaulted with a massive wall of text when selecting any difficulty level.
  9. Your difficulty levels are not arranged very intuitively; I assumed "Icon of Eternity" was equivalent to Doom's "Hurt Me Plenty" but realized it was actually an entirely separate game mode. So I picked Marine Assault instead. I hope I don't regret that.
  10. The noise some monsters make before they even wake up (like chainsaw noises) kind of ruins some ambushes.
  11. The Karasawa? The Unmaker? Oh great, those aren't even yours! You don't even properly credit half the authors in your text file, instead most of the stuff you grabbed from the Realm667 Bestiary and Armory is only credited to Tormentor. Like hell. Torm probably had no part in any of the three Dark Imps, the Dune Warrior, the Satyr...I could go on!
  12. Oooh, a marine that drops landmines at his feet. HOW THREATENING, considering he's a Revenant replacement!
  13. Why does almost every health pickup give you Berserk status?!
  14. Pistol marines take far too much damage.
  15. Oooh. An INVISIBLE chainsaw marine. Cute.
  16. Powerslave's flamethrower appears and is just a rocket launcher.
  17. "Picked up a rocket launcher from the future!" And the difference between this and the Powerslave one is...what, exactly?
  18. The Plasma Beam is powerful enough that an Imp replacement SHOULD NOT BE CARRYING IT. Epic2.wad, Map02, first room - took me five tries to finish it because of one guy with a plasma beam.
  19. I restarted on a different "mode" and found a bunch of Beavis clones that dropped whoopie cushions. Mature. I'm half tempted to stop playing right now, but I continue as a public service to anybody else that thinks they might even slightly be interested in this uninspired hunk of poo.
  20. oh great, AND the fucking Shadow Warrior shotgun we've seen in more than one hundred other Doom mods, I AM NOT JOKING.
  21. Flying cyberdemon heads.
  22. The photograph of the guy in boxers is irritating. Actually, that's not a strong enough word. Fortunately for you I don't have the patience to come up with a stronger one.
  23. Why did you rip the black guy from Batman Doom? Futhermore, why did you make an INVISIBLE VERSION of him?
  24. Millions of useless items that do absolutely nothing and aren't funny.
  25. The playboy magazine...just spawns a gigantic naked woman. This absolutely does not need to be in the WAD.
  26. Tourettes Guy is NOT funny, and he certainly doesn't make a good enemy, especially not when every single attack he has will morph you into a chicken or a pig.
  27. Oh boy, someone else used Bashe's HL magnum rip that has the weapon MAGICALLY CHANGE SIZE AND SHAPE WHEN FIRING
  28. I've had it with this.
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

wildweasel wrote:The List
Think you'll make another one for his level design or do you just love octagonal rooms with the same stretched texture?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

If there is sufficient demand, I will start a new one.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

AM, nicely summing up my opinion of this WAD, wrote:HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

@ new list from wildweasel: DO_IT(.wad)

As for this...oh my god. ...Oh my god. I...words...words fail me.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

My opinion of this entire mod:
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

Now is a good time for that star terk faceplam thing.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Tapwave »

JoeyTD wrote:Now is a good time for that star terk faceplam thing.
Your wish is granted.

Okay now. I'm gonna show my reaction at what i just saw because holy shit how
Spoiler:
Okay, now i'm going to actually test it to measure the level of WTFery this contains. Brace for impact.
Last edited by Tapwave on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

terranova wrote:
JoeyTD wrote:Now is a good time for that star terk faceplam thing.
Your wish is granted.
Its not Zdoom without the Star terk faceplam in every topic.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Tapwave »

Okay time to go down on this.
Spoiler:
okay i give up.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

It's so sad that ZDoom with its advanced and great features is used to create things like this. :(

Shame on you, sir. Shame... on... you...
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

I thought we were done with this shit. :glare:

For that, you have unleashed the wrath of Giygas!

EDIT: Wildweasel, I would like to see that list.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”