[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
rsl

Re: [WIP] Russian Overkill - Public beta 1 released

Post by rsl »

HELL,
YES

I was eagerly expecting this. Tried yesterday evening for a few minutes, and I must say it's exxaggerately fun! :lol:
Kudos for your over-the-top modification style! And by the way, I happened to try Mr. Dubienko's alternate "melee" attack... I almost choked myself laughing! :D

Gotta try it with a level episode at least, however... Haven't seen all the included gadgets yet. :3:
Maybe this time I can finally make it through DV-II without dying 100,000 times... :wink:

Oh, and a little "suggestion"... Any chance that something like this

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 15#p562143

might make it into the modification :?:
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

RV-007 wrote:For the Wolgir assault rifle, I did not know what the alt-fire does that first, but experimental led me to assume that this is the switch of firing modes (e.g. single-shot, burst-fire, and full auto). I don't know if this is a good idea, but I think a message telling which mode is activate could be useful. Even to this day,
Read the spoiler. :wink:
Spoiler:
And message to all - if there's something that you don't understand, please check out the descriptions of weapons, items, etc. on 1st page. They are in spoilers. (I know they are combined with bad humour, but you will mostly find answer there. If not, I will update it with proper info.)
RV-007 wrote:I still don't know the difference between a single and double (more power?) pull of pistol hammer.
I don't get it?
RV-007 wrote:I have an idea for the vodka idea (read it somewhere in this thread), I guess the vodka can turn into a Molotov cocktail (no offense intended to Mr. Molotov) as a riot weapon (Spread the joy!).
Vodka works as a temporary, powerful boost. It's an usable inventory.
RV-007 wrote:The Nazi sprites from Brutal Doom can be a graphical improvement.
Nah, I don't add any custom monsters to this mod. This one is small exception, and still only a recolor.
RV-007 wrote:
terranova wrote:
RV-007 wrote: For the Ullapool Caber, is it me or that there is some kind of voice when I wield this weapon?
Yes. It's the Demonoman from TF2 shouting "KABOOM" with a black scottish accent.
I meant when you kept holding the Ullapool Caber. It's like Satan whispering to my ear or black metal, lol. Does something happen to the player if I kept holding the Ullapool Caber? The sound bite is in this post's attachment (.ogg format).
CABRCHRG.zip
Indeed, I think I should mention that in weapon description. The caber works slightly different for each class - Yuri get's two cabers, Alosza can kick infinite amounts of cabers, and Marty has charge on alt-fire. When the charge is ready, you can hear whispers of souls, which accursed the weapon - then press alt-fire to perform the charge.
SamVision wrote:Too many weapons are explosive, none have the RIPPER flag.
That's the main point of the mod! By reading weapon/item descriptions and getting deeper into the mod you will notice I am constantly mocking it. :P
And ripper weapons? There's Power Overwhelming and Stachanov for such purposes.
ChronoSeth wrote:
SamVision wrote:Too many weapons are explosive
I have to agree with this. It's way too easy to kill yourself, especially for a newbie.

Does the mod affect the monsters through DECORATE? I'm wondering if I could get 10x working with it. :twisted:
Like the upper guy, you need to be creative when using these weapons. There is still skill named "Communism Powerful Force" - I recommend checking it out!
wildweasel wrote:
ChronoSeth wrote:Does the mod affect the monsters through DECORATE? I'm wondering if I could get 10x working with it. :twisted:
If it does, it doesn't do it very obviously - I'd imagine 10x would work fine.
Nope, you can use any monster wad you'd like to!
terranova wrote:Is it normal that picking up a few satchels (from the second char) usually gives you all of a sudden 999 of all inventory items?
Bleh, I guess I messed up something with randomizer again - this effect supposed to be very rarely. I'll take a look into that.
rsl wrote:HELL,
YES

I was eagerly expecting this. Tried yesterday evening for a few minutes, and I must say it's exxaggerately fun! :lol:
Kudos for your over-the-top modification style! And by the way, I happened to try Mr. Dubienko's alternate "melee" attack... I almost choked myself laughing! :D

Gotta try it with a level episode at least, however... Haven't seen all the included gadgets yet. :3:
Maybe this time I can finally make it through DV-II without dying 100,000 times... :wink:
Heheh, I am glad to hear that. And to mention all other people, thanks for positive comments toward the mod!
rsl wrote:Oh, and a little "suggestion"... Any chance that something like this

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 15#p562143

might make it into the modification :?:
I got my hands on sprites from it long before the mod existed. Just take a look at sticky's or Zwerg shotgun! So yeah, it kinda already got in. :P
Xaser wrote:Image

How happy I am! :lol:
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Played the mod for good 2 hours yesterday, was definitely an explosive experience! :D
But I'm a little disappoint with the fact that not all the weapons from your trailers weren't in this beta. Well, maybe next time. :lol:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

GOOD DAY
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

I believe that the awesomeness that is the Chicken Cannon (you know what I'm talking about) has been far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, FAR outdone by this mod :wub:

If only Zharkov could witness this; too bad he threw his fists too much and died.
Last edited by Minigunner on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I've only one bit of feedback about this mod: I seem to find Lenin shells more often than just about every other type of ammo, and they're the hardest ammo type to waste through since most of the weapons that take them are pretty slow. Any chance you could alter the randomizer to perhaps drop more bullets or shells?
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

I :wub: nuclear warheads!!!!
I've made awesome bbq's with that missiles, burning everthing! And never seen an explosion than real and impressive like this in Doom.
Also, the "shootgun-machinegun" style weapon are very very cool, loadin 20 shells and shooting them with one shoot, ripping any monster like butter hahahaha
All weapons are crazy powerfull as hell, making cyberdemons ridiculous threats :twisted:
I'm in love with Russian Overkill!!!!
Doomer_1996

Post by Doomer_1996 »

wildweasel wrote:I've only one bit of feedback about this mod: I seem to find Lenin shells more often than just about every other type of ammo, and they're the hardest ammo type to waste through since most of the weapons that take them are pretty slow. Any chance you could alter the randomizer to perhaps drop more bullets or shells?
The mopanku cannons and the pushka truly are slow, but they own practically every single enemy in Doom.I kinda use them a lot y'know.But what you said is a good idea cause sometimes i ge bored with them.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

Spectacular. In every single way
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Still playing the hell out of this. Up to MAP09 in Sunder so far and having a blast... or two... or seven zillion. :P

If I had to give some feedback so far, it'd probably be that the lasergun thing is far too unresponsive to use effectively. It doesn't shoot immediately on-tap and when I release the trigger, it might fire instantly or it might take a while, depending. It might be worth decreasing the granularity of the charge counter (i.e. loop more often and count up quicker, but only have states for every, say, 10 counter items instead of one counter for each level of charge). That'd make it a lot more useful, IMO.

Fun stuff, though. The Stalin has way too much holyshit to possibly describe. :D
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

+1 for the Zharkov reference in the quit messages. This is ..... GLORIOUS.
kriegor

Post by kriegor »

Man this mod is awesome!

Also I was fooling with sv_fastweapons 2 (for the laughs) and found this amazing glitch which you can see in the video I linked.

If its a bug never fix it.

PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

wildweasel wrote:I've only one bit of feedback about this mod: I seem to find Lenin shells more often than just about every other type of ammo, and they're the hardest ammo type to waste through since most of the weapons that take them are pretty slow. Any chance you could alter the randomizer to perhaps drop more bullets or shells?
Hmm, funny enough, I never found 'em too much, I guess I tend to use them more than intended. Sure thing, I can easily modify it (next beta will have more shells and bullets!)
Minigunner wrote:I believe that the awesomeness that is the Chicken Cannon (you know what I'm talking about) has been far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, FAR outdone by this mod :wub:

If only Zharkov could witness this; too bad he threw his fists too much and died.
Nah, I don't think so - I love chicken cannon. :wink:
kriegor wrote:Man this mod is awesome!

Also I was fooling with sv_fastweapons 2 (for the laughs) and found this amazing glitch which you can see in the video I linked.

If its a bug never fix it.
That's actually not really a bug, this mod was never intended to work with fastweapons; that's what you get when using fastweapons, heh.
Xaser wrote:Still playing the hell out of this. Up to MAP09 in Sunder so far and having a blast... or two... or seven zillion. :P

If I had to give some feedback so far, it'd probably be that the lasergun thing is far too unresponsive to use effectively. It doesn't shoot immediately on-tap and when I release the trigger, it might fire instantly or it might take a while, depending. It might be worth decreasing the granularity of the charge counter (i.e. loop more often and count up quicker, but only have states for every, say, 10 counter items instead of one counter for each level of charge). That'd make it a lot more useful, IMO.

Fun stuff, though. The Stalin has way too much holyshit to possibly describe. :D
Hmm, I will I have a look into that, definitely. Glad you had fun with stalin missile!

And by the way, if somebody starves for some more insanity, I recommend trying using some of the weapons as transport (for instance, shotgun jumps. Using Power Overwhelming for wall climbing is a bit more tricky, maybe I will make some video.)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I like to use Yuri's fist altfire to climb high ledges.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

The best method of transport, of course, is to grab a shieldsphere and fire a Yamato blast into the ground. Next stop: The Moon.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”