Truckosaurus: Big Red Mess!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
XutaWoo

Truckosaurus: Big Red Mess!

Post by XutaWoo »

We all know what this means. vrrrrmmmmmmmm through various levels, chomping down on suspecting meats, and generally having a fun time!
This is a new version which will (hopefully) be updated more often than before. In the least, it'll be updated more than the Worst Christmas Ever. :P

Meats!
Civilian - You know him. You love him. His ribs, anyway. Runs around and gives 100 points on digestion.
Poochy - Adorable little mutts that make the cutest crunch when you bite into them. Hey, you're not the only one eating 'em. Awards 100 points on flying down your throat.
Guards - Somehow, their tiny little shields can stop the might you. Don't think about it too hard. Instead, dine on them while they're shooting to get 200 points!
Rangers - You can never tell where they're going to go. Whenever you get close, they fly towards another direction! They even do it while their firing! Though, they can dash into your mouth and they give 200 points when they do so.
Mobile Suit - Carrying the oddball plasma repulsor shotgun, these metal things actually have humans inside! They're also highly explosive. Their meat is worth 400 points, plus whatever the gore fountains around you used to be worth!
Hobo - Just a sick ol' bum. So sick, that if you eat them, you'll start vomitting uncontrollably, preventing you from eating and making you lose 200 points! If you manage to kill them by other means (or take some nausea medicine beforehand), you'll instead be able to gulp down the delicious meat and gain 400 points!
Jetpack Larry - While utterly incompetent with their main gimmick, they will still shoot up in the air and fire at you when you come close. Snack on them while they're falling for 400 points!
Zealot - Well, these guys look out of place! Using supposed divine power, they can stop you in your tracks and teleport away when you try to eat them! Not cool! However, they're already rare, so they should make a meal of about 400 points!
Repulsor Blaster - Using the same technology as the repulsor shotguns, these guys hop away and send you flying when you try to eat them. Fortunately, they don't seem to care about you much otherwise. Their hard-to-earn muscles are worth 400 points.
Killstealer - Angry spirits that come from hell. Not hard to see why they were sent there, as the guys are bastards. They'll go around, burning your meats, and they don't even give anything on death! The only good thing about these guys is that they explode into flames, allowing you to use them as a ripoff Mobile Suit.

Powerups!
Dragonbreath - The classic, this flaming hot hot sauce will cause you to shoot out an impressive cloud of fire! Very few times when this won't be handy.
Mach 5 - This extra engine will send you blasting a double speed! This not only lets you plow through the meats even faster, but you can no longer be blocked by those damn shields!
Pepto Bismol - A pink nausea medicine. Stops your vomitting and allow you to eat Hobos freely! Lasts quite a while, too.
THE BOMB - If you ever need to clear a place, this is your best bet! Explodes like a Mobile Suit, but even bigger.
Minigun - Absolutely tears up everything you aim this at, so go wild! Just don't think about how many economies were broken to make all those bullets.

Game Modes!
Time Trial - You all know this one! Eat things, kill things, blow shit up, whatever! Just do as much mayhem as you can for 200 seconds!
Hunger - Truckosaurus...HUNGERS. Instead of a traditional time meter, this one goes up as you chow down on your meat! The keyword is "chow down"-you won't regain any of your time from using alternative means! Still, the object is to get a high score, not last as long as possible, so mix standard chomping with high scoring strategies!
Last edited by XutaWoo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
PillowBlaster

Re: vrrrrmmmmmmmm

Post by PillowBlaster »

The great return of truckosaurus? :P
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Hm...is there a list of changes between this and Truxmas, outside of the usual array of bugfixes?
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Dude,you gotta do something on the resources there!I mean seriously,I am lagging on a GTX 570!What the fuck?!
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

IT RETURNS
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

KILLER2 wrote:Dude,you gotta do something on the resources there!I mean seriously,I am lagging on a GTX 570!What the fuck?!
Your video card is less important than your CPU. I had little problem on a machine with a 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom II X4, and a Geforce 460 GTX SE.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

wildweasel wrote:
KILLER2 wrote:Dude,you gotta do something on the resources there!I mean seriously,I am lagging on a GTX 570!What the cake?!
Your video card is less important than your CPU. I had little problem on a machine with a 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom II X4, and a Geforce 460 GTX SE.
That doesn't make much sense...I have an i7 950 (or was it 920...?).Anyway,did you use OGL or software?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

OpenGL, and my framerate never dropped below 45.
bleant

Post by bleant »

Might I know what I'm downloading before it crashes my PC?
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

You're in a big map and you have to run over as many people as possible before the time runs out.

Fire=forward, alt=back. AFAIK you can't die but the people have ways of slowing you down.

You can kill a hundred people or more in a minute and there's Nashgore or equivalent.
bleant

Post by bleant »

I like the concept, but it's unplayable here.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

wildweasel wrote:OpenGL, and my framerate never dropped below 45.
Don't know,maybe your processor or GPU are more optimised for OGL.Or maybe I am just better at killing people,thus creating a lot more chunks and splats :P
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

<3
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

hell yes on a three-pronged stick

I think gore particles might stay around for a bit too long. I get a bit of lag after playing, too, and that seems to be what's doing it.

Otherwise, VRRRRRRRMMMMMM
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

TRUCKOSAURUS BECKONS.

This is awesome, haha.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”