[FAIL]The Stick Figure WAD

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
lightman68

[FAIL]The Stick Figure WAD

Post by lightman68 »

The Stick Figure is an unfinished project. This WAD was modified from Chex Quest 3's resources, this means if someone were to go into the WAD with detail, he/she would see that it still has some Chex Quest 3 stuff(that isn't used in this WAD).

EDIT: No more demu...

For more additional information and pictures, go to this zdoom wiki site:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/The_Stick_Figure

MORE EDIT: This wad is currently being remade... so yea... SUCK THE KEYBOARD!
Last edited by lightman68 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:45 am, edited 7 times in total.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Stick Figure WAD

Post by Tapwave »

lightman68 wrote:The Stick Figure is an unfinished project. This WAD was modified from Chex Quest 3's resources, this means if someone were to go into the WAD with detail, he/she would see that it still has some Chex Quest 3 stuff(that isn't used in this WAD).

The First Episode of this WAD has been completed. I might submit a "demo" for people to test out. ONLY if you promise not to eat me...

I have two things to say about this.

1. I had a lot of trouble understanding the backstory. Didn't get anything but "enemies are controlled by some robot", care to elaborate?
2. The angle of the pistol is a bit strange.
lightman68

Post by lightman68 »

terranova wrote:
lightman68 wrote:The Stick Figure is an unfinished project. This WAD was modified from Chex Quest 3's resources, this means if someone were to go into the WAD with detail, he/she would see that it still has some Chex Quest 3 stuff(that isn't used in this WAD).

The First Episode of this WAD has been completed. I might submit a "demo" for people to test out. ONLY if you promise not to eat me...

I have two things to say about this.

1. I had a lot of trouble understanding the backstory. Didn't get anything but "enemies are controlled by some robot", care to elaborate?
2. The angle of the pistol is a bit strange.
Are you saying you want more details on how the story goes? Or your saying I should improve it.

And on the pistol... well... I guess I can see how it's kinda screwy :D
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Is it too much to want an IWAD of this with only original content?
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rollingcrow »

From the screenshots, I think the HUD bars stretch really far.
lightman68

Post by lightman68 »

Se7eNytes wrote:From the screenshots, I think the HUD bars stretch really far.
You know what, they actually do. I got carried away by the miracle that I could make a HEALTH or ARMOR bar, that I decided to make them super lengthy. I have shortened them now :D
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

If health, armour and ammo were all just less than half the thickness of the health bar now, I think that would be ideal - keep it from taking up too much screen space but still have enough to work with.

Personally, I think the current length is fine - it just shows the information more precisely than you might expect in other mods. (my own Hideous Destructor has very tiny bars specifically to keep the player guessing if they can't count on their own.)
lightman68

Post by lightman68 »

I have also added a "box" that shows what weapon you have in white letters
hugoroy

Post by hugoroy »

It actually look pretty good (I didn't really think it would =:) )
I saw on the page that the first five levels were done, when will the demo be released?
If you need a good filehost I recommend media fire or DRD filehoster
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I honestly think you should rethink the textures and general graphic style. The textures look like five-minute MS-Paint jobs. Shading will do wonders, as shading will increase the quality of practically every art style.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'd say more like higher res and/or thicker, antialiased lines - I'm not sure what kind of "shading" would even work for this.
lightman68

Post by lightman68 »

I just finished making the music for E1M5. It sounds epically awesome! :D
lightman68

Post by lightman68 »

hugoroy wrote:It actually look pretty good (I didn't really think it would =:) )
I saw on the page that the first five levels were done, when will the demo be released?
Pretty soon, if nothing is wrong or if there's no bugs, then I could post it in 3 - 5 days. :D
lightman68

Post by lightman68 »

hugoroy wrote:It actually look pretty good (I didn't really think it would =:) )
The demo has been released! :D
Matt

Re: The Stick Figure WAD (Demo PUBLISHED)

Post by Matt »

I just noticed:
This robot is a high-class robot.
It doesn't matter what happens now, my headcanon for this mod is that this is a mechanocracy and the AI Big Bad is an upper class twit.

And the rest is commentary on the problems of today's increasing wealth gap.

EDIT: why the hell am I downloading an executable is this not a zed doom modification file
EDIT2: and why the hell is it 45 megs ::goes do other stuff while it slowly downloads::

EDIT3: ....it's not working. I'm surrounded by actors that say "Rain" but block your movement and I'm told to follow a guard that isn't moving. When I jump and run away I'm moving at "Hideous Destructor player carrying a BFG" speed down a corridor that looks like it'll take me about ten minutes to get through. ::turbo 600::

...please for the love of puppies tell me the later version will completely skip the now unskippable, text only plot exposition...
(and that the text file this all will be put in will be free of the typos)

...and the cinematics that put words in the player's mouth...

...two levels in and I haven't shot a thing... and it's all dark...

Level three, finally some action!

...and it's a dark unnavigable maze punctuated by rooms full of shotgun guys. :/

I think it needs a bit of polish, really. :/
Last edited by Matt on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”