Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.7

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Added two days ago. :) Figured no harm in coding it, worse comes to worse just wouldn't make it available.

Fixed a minor bug in the holo display where the sound would play loudly.
Did up an Imperial Worker. Still haven't decided if I'll add him.
ImpWorker.png
Couple more map ideas rattling in my head.
Tried to add Rianna's ship for novelty, but just can't get it modeled right.
[EDIT]
Added a new map.
Added the Imperial Worker, can always remove him later.
Tweaked the CLL-8 so that it has to take a few steps before it can throw it's cargo.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

The change I made to add the pistol recharger isn't working. As it is, I opt to keep the holocron, and forgo the A-280 and recharger both. I always used to grab the A-280 because it was an easy pickup. Now that I have to spent a holocron to get it, I bank that I'll find an E-11, and save the holocron to build the Dawnsorrow. To balance things back out, I thought I'd reduce the chance of an E-11 drop by half, and add the A-280 as common drop by scum units that carry one. Opinions?
Syfo-Dyas

Post by Syfo-Dyas »

I love those little Lego People!!!

I'd be interested in knowing more about this modeling program that I hear you use to create your sprites.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Unless she's changed, I think it will be this:

http://www.doga.co.jp/english/
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

That, and Metasequoia for custom parts.
http://www.metaseq.net/english/

[EDIT] Speaking of which.
WIP of Rianna's ship.
I'm also replacing the shop mechanics with a GetPlayerInput() menu screen. Be cleaner, and allow me to add more items (such as medical kits) to purchase. Currently uses the player move forward/backward for up/down, and turn/strafe left/right for left/right.
The new shop code is in. Much cleaner now.
Updated first post with a copy of the scripts not included in the main archive for backup purposes.
The two taverns now work as shops, but only sell Spice Beer and Ration Packs. You can't actually buy the spice beer though, because of a CheckInventory() flaw in my code that I don't feel like coding around.
Finding Tia & Ghia now rewards the player with a Range Finder in subsequent episodes. Removed the Range Finder reward from the additional Alliance Bonus.
Reduced the chance of E-11 drops, as well as the T-21. Added A-280 drops, which have a 50% chance of a drop.
:twisted: The non-combat bunnies now have another use in a certain map. Thank you Ben.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.8

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Current Version 5.8
http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/cr_58.7z

Added a new map. Wanted to finish one more before uploading 5.8, but not sure how I'm going to do it yet.
Replaced the old scout trooper pistol sprites with new ones based on a new model. Removed the scope/sight as I don't let you use it. Without it though, the weapon is rather tiny, the scope accounts for almost 1/3 of the pistol's size.
As usual, I'm pretty sure I forgot to finish/fix something, but I have no idea what.

[EDIT] Post 5.8 changes:
Added the Flash Cannon Tiabana cartridge to the black market shop.
Messing with ammo bar. Should I stick to the original, or use the new one?
Updated first post with my gameplay notes and a list of the maps. The gameplay notes are not organized in any fashion, I just scribble down anything that might be important.
Tweaked the way healing items work. Instead of instant use, now there's a 2s delay between items.
Blaster racks now spawn pistol ammo if you don't have an E-11 or the Heavy Rifle.
Changed my mind and added the Mynock. Replaces a few of the wampas in indoor areas.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

I like the new ammo "bar". Much more visible. How will heat be done?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Same way, just inside the ammo. Mock up I initially did:
mockup.png
I'll just need to rearrange the clip and flash cannon power indicator.

[EDIT]
New heat bar is on. Flash cannon indicator is moved, but I'm going to have to do something new for the clip count.
I've significantly reduced the speed at which the T-21 cools. I don't know why I never noticed that it cools almost instantly.
Added the Episode II ASN droid to the scum droids. Equipped it with a blaster.
Tweaked the first "path" you take through the first branch maps to be pistol start friendly.
Removed the +NOBLOOD flag from most of the decorations to allow the use of grenades on them, as nothing should make blood anyway.
Added a Snowtrooper version of the Stormtrooper helmet pickup.
Two WIP decorations:
V-35 speeder:
YV-100 light freighter:
Made the clip count a normal numerical counter. How the weapon cluster looks now:
ImageImage
Improved the CLL-8 areas to make it function better.
Toying with the idea of adding the DH-17 as a common drop. It would fit between the scout trooper pistol and SE-14c. I'd make the DH-17 a burst fire similar to the current SE-14c, and make that full auto but produce heat.
Added a new start map. Based on the Yoda Stories ice planet starport as homage.
Contemplating adding a SnowTrooper Grenadier.
Once I get three more maps, which will give me nine unique episodes (minus start maps), I'll upload 5.9. If no bugs turn up, I'll bump it to 6.0 and send a copy to the idgames archive to replace 5.0. I have to wonder, if every playable map was pasted together, how big the final composite would be? Individually the maps are rather tiny, but there are 95 of them currently.
DH-17 is in. If you tap 'FIRE' it will shoot once, holding 'FIRE' results in a less accurate three round burst. The SE-14c now works just like the T-21.
Added a new buildable item, the Blaster Intercooler. Dissipates heat a little faster. Probably gonna have to redesign the build selection to use the shop style menu. There's eight items to build now, getting kinda annoying to cycle through them all.
New "workbench" is now in. 'USE' it to access the menu. It'll also show up in other maps now, not just Chibi Base.
ImageImage
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.8b

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Given the number of changes, posting a current version.
Current Version 5.8b
http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/cr_58b.7z

Post 5.8b changes:
Added the shield generator and grenade pickup to the last start map.
Increased the DH-17 burst to 4 shots, and sped it up a tic.
Added the Trast A-A5 speeder truck decoration.
Added the XP-38 speeder decoration.
ImageImage
Added a YT-2400 decoration.
Fixed a debug message on map 77.
Tweaked the health display to be more like Desktop Adventures/Yoda Stories like. Bar has three layers, green, yellow, and red.
Thinking of giving the player 10 credits at the beginning so they can buy ammo/med kits if they so desire.
Upped the shield protection from 90 to 95%.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

First off, this is an awesome mod and I've been enjoying it alot, keep up the good work!

I found a bug where the game freezes whenever I try to use the Range Finder. This happens for both a new and older version of GZdoom.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

So like, how am I supposed to run this? I see a bunch of WAD files, am I supposed to run them all together? Or is there an easier way to do this?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Turbo wrote:I found a bug where the game freezes whenever I try to use the Range Finder. This happens for both a new and older version of GZdoom.
I don't use GZDoom, so I can't really say. It works for me in ZDoom. I don't personally recommend GZDoom for Chibi Rebellion anyhow because of the way it handles sprite clipping and colors.
SamVision wrote:So like, how am I supposed to run this? I see a bunch of WAD files, am I supposed to run them all together? Or is there an easier way to do this?
Drag cr_58b.7z on to ZDoom.exe.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Drag cr_58b.7z on to ZDoom.exe.
Spoiler:
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

LilWhiteMouse wrote: I don't use GZDoom, so I can't really say. It works for me in ZDoom. I don't personally recommend GZDoom for Chibi Rebellion anyhow because of the way it handles sprite clipping and colors.
Ah, I see.
Also, I downloaded the latest Zdoom 2.5.0 SVN (r3284), and the same freeze bug also occurred there as well.
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Turbo wrote:First off, this is an awesome mod and I've been enjoying it alot, keep up the good work!

I found a bug where the game freezes whenever I try to use the Range Finder. This happens for both a new and older version of GZdoom.
Same bug happens when ran on a newer version of Zdoom. Also, the grenade button doesn't seem to work with the newer version.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”