A Heretic Weapon Mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

A Heretic Weapon Mod

Post by Tapwave »

Something i pulled out of my ass made up in two weeks.

THY HERETICKE WEAPONE MODIFICATION

[spoiler="Weapons]Staff Of Martial Arts
A simple wooden staff with metal reinforcements on the ends. It was enchanted with to make the user more agile, but the magical power wore out over the years. It's still unbreakable, though.

You start with it, there's three attacks:

PRIMARY FIRE:
Push. Low-power attack, relatively fast.

SECONDARY FIRE:
(press and release)
Smashes the enemy with the end of the stick. Does more damage but is slower. If secondary fire is held during or right at the end of the attack, Corvus will keep smashing a bit faster, but it does less damage.

(Press and hold)
Corvus will block with the staff, and make a strong push with it. This is the slowest attack and is slightly weaker than the smash, although it makes you invulnerable for 5 frames.

The staff uses no ammunition.

GAUNTLETS OF KROM Image

An icon of pure MANLINESS and STRENGTH, the gauntlets of Krom will make anyone MANLY by tripling their muscular mass. All you have to do is to wear them.
The Gauntlets of Krom are magically charged by the power of MANLY THUNDER and thus can zap stuff at a low range with a high rate of fire.

The gauntlets of Krom have two attacks.

PRIMARY FIRE:
MANLY PUNCH. High damage, medium-slow speed. Holding for too long will make you punch one more time because you are being TOO MANLY to stop.

SECONDARY FIRE:
Charges the gauntlets for a short while, then unleashes the THUNDER OF MANLINESS upon your opponents. Deals low damage but is insanely fast.

The gauntlets use no ammuntion.

Wand of Pew Image
Crafted by a warlock who was bored, the wand of pew is a wand that shoots weak purple spheres that are affected by gravity and don't fly very far.
However, it shoots pretty fast and uses no ammunition, so it became a hit on the magical market, and was quickly mass produced for newbie mages.

The wand of pew has one attack.

PRIMARY FIRE:
Shoots a weak purple projectile.

The wand of pew uses no ammunition.

Staff of Pew Image
After the overwhelming success of the wand of pew, the same warlock decided to craft something just a little better for slightly better magi.
And then the staff of pew was born. It has the same capabilities of the wand of pew, but fires three times faster.

The staff of pew has one attack.

PRIMARY FIRE:
Shoots a burst of weak purple projectiles.

The Staff of pew uses no ammunition.

Staff of Baneblaze Image
Under it's rather menacing appearance and "cool name", the baneblaze is just an okay staff.
The Baneblaze fires a volley of fireballs that spray all over the place, do low damage and have an extremely short lifespan. However, ammunition is quite common.

The Baneblaze has two attacks.

PRIMARY FIRE:
Shoots a volley of fireballs.

SECONDARY FIRE:
Ultra Rapid fire. After a while, it stops and cools down.
It also cools down when you stop firing by yourself.

The Baneblaze uses fire jewels as ammunition.

Enchanted Crossbow "Quicksilver" Image
Under its rather common appearance, the Quicksilver is truly an impressive weapon. With it's huge firerate and ability of reloading itself extremely fast, the quicksilver was searched for by many warriors and hunters.
The Quicksilver magically propels it's bolts instead of firing them, which make the crossbow look a little strange when firing. It also has a little bit of wood in the "barrel" blocking the arrow a bit, which slows down the reloading.

The quicksilver has one attack.

PRIMARY FIRE:
Fires a wooden bolt.

Quicksilver uses wooden bolts as ammunition.

Powerbow Image
The powerbow is the top-notch of weapon technology. Capable of firing large and heavy steel bolts with extreme speed and accuracy, the Powerbow is a weapon to be feared.
This particular one reloads itself when you pull the string back into position, making it even faster than the other powerbows.

The powerbow has two attacks.

PRIMARY FIRE:
Fires a large steel bolt that deals lots of damage.
SECONDARY FIRE:
Fires the same bolt, but with even more strength, making it fly faster and deal more damage. Firerate is much slower though.

The powerbow uses steel bolts that come in similar pickups to wooden bolts.

Wand of Blades Image
This small wand looks pretty simple and ineffective, as the only two jewels are the minuscule rubies used for the "eyes".
However, once used, the wand shoots a bunch of steel spikes that spray around in front of the user, dealing heavy damage to a single close target or small damage to several ones.

The wand of blades has two attacks .

PRIMARY FIRE:
Fires four steel spikes.
SECONDARY FIRE:
Shoots spikes one at a time, with a much faster firerate.

The wand uses floating magical spikes as ammunition.

Staff of Cornucopia Image
This "ridiculously oversized creepy magical piece of crap" was found by an adventurer in the hut of a now-deceased insane necromancer.
After he summoned a demon, it turned out it was horribly weak and had an oversized, deformed horn, so the necromancer killed it, took its skull, jammed it on a magicka-enhancing staff and called it a day.

The staff has one attack.
PRIMARY FIRE:
Fires a copy of the horn that shatters on impact in fragments that also shatter on impact, flooding the room with deadly tiny spikes.

The staff of cornucopia uses giant obsidian horns as ammunition.[/spoiler]
Spoiler: Unfinished Armor Stuff
Spoiler: Info
Spoiler: Changelog
YE CAN'T GET YE FLASK, BUT YE CAN GET THINE WEAPONS

Slightly less oldass version but still bugridden nonetheless
oldass version for glitch fans
Last edited by Tapwave on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: A Heretic Weapon Mod

Post by Grymmoire »

Well you sure have an, uh, interesting way of presenting your work.

This isn't too bad for something that was done in a relatively short amount of time.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Grymmoire wrote:Well you sure have an, uh, interesting way of presenting your work.
Overdramatic-ness is my thing, sadly. :c
Grymmoire wrote:This isn't too bad for something that was done in a relatively short amount of time.
Well thanks! It's a bit hacky on the edges (especially the armor which is far from being done), if there is any bugs or stuff that goes awry, just tell me and i'll try to fix it as soon as i can.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

Somehow, I thought this project was Ethril's at first. :laff:
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I'll be checking this out as soon as I've got a free moment, solely for the "Wand of Pew." Genius. =P
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Oh God, more Heretic mods. <3
Gave these a shot. They're pretty simple, but that's not bad. Wonderful for those that want more weapons in Heretic, and the Cornucopia is just...beautiful. Beautiful in every way.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

wildweasel wrote: "Wand of Pew." Genius. =P
Heh, thanks!
TerminusEst13 wrote:Oh God, more Heretic mods. <3
Gave these a shot. They're pretty simple, but that's not bad. Wonderful for those that want more weapons in Heretic, and the Cornucopia is just...beautiful. Beautiful in every way.
Thanks! I'm going to finish up the current weapons and then work on the replaces before making more.

Also, i totally forgot to mention another weapon! The gauntlets of krom are in slot 1 in if you use "give weapons" or "give all", i'll add them to the weapon list pronto!

/edit Added! Going to finish the altfires and make everything less hacky.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

You, sir, are a genius. :D
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Saya-chan wrote:You, sir, are a genius. :D
Thank you :oops:

I just added the WoB and Blazebane's secondary fire, and made spawners that replace the old weapons and ammunition, now i just need to test them against bots to see if the obituaries work, if GZD stopped trying to read adress 0000000 everytime i try deathmatching.

I'm updating to 1246 to see if it's a bit stabler.

/edit Update!
Even though GZDoom is still pretty unstable and crashed after every frag, i managed to (painstakingly) check all obituaries.
Spoiler: Changelog
Get it here while it's still fresh!
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

A small update today.

Changelog:
+Blazebane's altfire finished
+Weapon centering fixed
+BRIGHTened some frames for the pew weapons