ZHeXen: V 1.0 RELEASED!!! Contributions?

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Drake Raider

Re: ZHeXen: V 1.0 RELEASED!!! Contributions?

Post by Drake Raider »

Thanks.

EDIT:
Please note, I may or may not add dungeons, but aside from the XPack, this project is finished, as far as I am concerned. I will merge in contribs, but probably wont add content to the unexpanded version. I still have yet to finish the XPack, though.
Drake Raider

Re: ZHeXen: V 1.1 RELEASED!!!

Post by Drake Raider »

It's been awhile, and this is a massive bump, but I updated ZHeXen again with the more recent builds of zdoom. I added the nourishment system in, as well as making 5 new maps for a more enjoyable worldmap, in my opinion. Also, the ettin, when they appear, are better in groups then they were before, with the new command system. Both are only basically tested, but i'd like feedback.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uqpei9ziiq2cl8r
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Interesting changes! Some nitpicks though... when I tried using the new palettes, everything looked kinda bugged. Also there are some brilliant bits here and there for expanding the original levels, but for the most part they have needless details and height variations.

If I were to recreate the HeXen levels myself, I would have taken a completely different approach... if you're interested (be warned tho, I'm working on Hpack AND Evil Unleashed so I'm busy)
Drake Raider

Re: ZHeXen: V 1.1 RELEASED!!!

Post by Drake Raider »

Am interested, but it doesn't quite make much if a difference. My computer just died, and until I fix it, there'll be no updates. However, I have a large list of additional features I will include. The edits to the main hexen originally were just for the sake of adding interhub travel, to create a sandbox feel. I didn't like the linearity of HeXen. But that's preferential. Other than that, ya, my sole purpose for overhauling every map I modded was to avoid copyright violation. And, as I didn't realize it wouldn't make a difference if Raven had been inclined to sue. I doubt they will, tho, as KMod recently started distributing stock hexen maps, which a good modder would have little trouble compiling into a hexen iwad given the right resources. So the overhaul is optional, and I myself sorta wish I didn't start it. But, if people are willing or wishing, I'll continue. Levelwise, the foremost mapping are the side dungeons, which don't influence the main quest in any way whatsoever.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

I am using GZDoom and in the tutorial map I see a lot of "<!>" icons!What the hell?
Also one of the teleports to the worlds is one use only ,and disappears after use.This seems kinda bugged...
A lot of the sectors in the original maps have become black.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

KILLER2 wrote:I am using GZDoom and in the tutorial map I see a lot of "<!>" icons!
Missing actors/wrong DoomEd numbers, it seems. That or randomspawners.
A lot of the sectors in the original maps have become black.
Does it lags heavily too? I got a similar glitch quite often before i updated.
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

You making sure to use all the non-optional modules? I.e. everything but palletes and maps. 'cause it should work. Updated what? your system or the software? I'm not sure what causes the lag. However, mine lagged quite a bit when using CD music. If that normally makes a difference.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

i like everything except 3 things.

1.) starting Melee weapons suck. the shield animation is halfway in the screen, the staff is a headache, the daggerfall sprites suck, the animations are choppy, and they really don't do anything that the original starting weapons cant. the revamped hexen weapons are all amazing though. i seriously would either make them more fun to use, animate them better, or scrap them all together. personally 5 weapons is not really required for this game; serpent ressurection taught me that one.

2.) Torch animations suck. it looks like shit. i mean it looks REALLY REALLY shitty.

3.) starting maps look shitty.

other than those initial hick ups, i really like the mod. the combat is much more fun, and the enemies less boring. good job on everything else. but those three things right there are dog shit on vanilla ice cream. sorry.
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

Good concept but it needs a good polishing.Don't give up on it though.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”