Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Conmon

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.7

Post by Conmon »

Syfo-Dyas wrote:Oh ya, I remember that now, I totally forgot about it!

Thankx for the reminder, pages are now book marked!

Nice touch btw, it reminds me of those little miniature Star Wars figures that you can buy at Wal-Mart.

I
Hey, thanks for the bump, dude.

That being said, I'll have to play this...
Syfo-Dyas

Post by Syfo-Dyas »

Ha ha, it was an accidental bump, bit a worthy one. I meant to write that to LittleWhiteMouse in a private conversation. :)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Well heck, you're drawing attention to a mod that quite frankly really deserves it, so double win!
ReX

Post by ReX »

For those of us who haven't played this in a long time, and are interested in playing the newest version, is there a summary of all the features/objectives/issues? I.e., comprehensive documentation.

I realize that one could simply read through this particular forum thread, but it's at 27 pages, and the relevant stuff is often buried in the posts.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

ReX wrote:is there a summary of all the features/objectives/issues? I.e., comprehensive documentation.
Not really. The wiki page is a bit out of date, but it's the only central reference point except for my flickr gallery. Chibi Rebellion just continues to evolve over time.

[EDIT]
Trying to get back into the swing of things.
Added another map, nothing special, but brings me that much closer to 9 complete episodes.
Increased the Flash Cannon damage just a hair. Plan to add some kind of indicator for when it's fully charged.
Added snow bunnies. Non hostile, they just bounce around care free. Can randomly appear anywhere trees do.
Added a power indicator to the Flash Cannon on the weapon cluster.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Almost completed a new map using some cute chibi graphics from the Star Wars Chibi Alphabet by Joe Wight. A few more updates and I'll upload 5.8.

Misc questions:
Any Civil War era characters you'd like to see in Chibi Rebellion (as NPCs, not enemies)?
Are the Imperial workers from Jedi Knight II & Academy recognizable as Star Wars characters, or are they too obscure?
Does anyone have real difficulty with the repair mini game? I thought about a work around that would prolong the repair points the more you miss, and shorten their appearance time the more you hit in succession. Would provide for a dynamic difficulty.

[EDIT]
New map is in.
Converted the ration pack and medical kits into inventory items that are used automatically when needed. Reduced the amount they heal to compensate:Ration 5 health, Rebel kit 10 health, Imp kit 20 health. Remembered to update the detention center script to count these items. You can only carry 10 of each, so they still do not count towards the item count.
Last edited by LilWhiteMouse on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

I've not had any serious problems with the repair minigame.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

I only seem to have problems aiming, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me running in a 16:9 resolution. I think the trick is you have to stand slightly away from it to do it.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Any Civil War era characters you'd like to see in Chibi Rebellion (as NPCs, not enemies)?
Robert E. Lee
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

In Lethal Alliance, Rianna's pistol will slowly recharge itself back up to 50 ammo. If I added a similar recharger, would anyone opt to choose that if they had to sacrifice grabbing the A-280? I thought I'd make the recharger and A-280 buildable, costing only 1 holocron each, and replace the existing A-280 at Chibi Base with a holocron.
Project Shadowcat

Actually that sounds like a great idea. It'll give the player some options. :)
I don't remember, do the scout pistol and burst-fire pistol use the same ammo, though?

And, will the holocron be a one-time thing? I'd hope so.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Both pistols use the same ammo, which the Dawnsorrow shares as well. The free holocron would only appear in the first episode.
Project Shadowcat

So this recharger will then be able to resupply all of these weapons that use the pistol energy ammo? Would you consider separating ammo types because of this, so that a sniper player doesn't use the Dawnsorrow all day?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I don't really think it's an issue. "All these weapons" only consists of one pistol (can't carry both after all) and the sniper rifle. The Dawnsorrow uses 10 ammo per shot, is wildly inaccurate un-zoomed, and easily overheats if shot too often. The recharger only grants 1 ammo every 2 seconds up to 50 ammo, so you'd be waiting 20 seconds to refire an empty Dawnsorrow.
Project Shadowcat

Alright, when you put it that way... :) 20 seconds IS a pretty shitty refire rate. I'd say it's a good idea, then, to put it in.

(10 ammo per shot? Well shit!)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”