Unloved II [BETA1 released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZDUser

Re: Unloved II [BETA1 released]

Post by ZDUser »

NVM got it to work.

Is your guy Jack The Ripper?

Oh, and
Spoiler:
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

ZDUser wrote:Oh, and
Spoiler:
BlueEagle wrote:NOTE: THIS IS A BETA!! Not all areas are accessable/fleshed out yet! About 50% of playtime finished. When you get the Red Skull Key it basically ends there, the rest is unfinished.
If that's what you mean.
ZDUser

Post by ZDUser »

Oh, how did I miss that at the first post doh

... But I'm still not there yet, so I must be missing something yet :P And I go back

BTW, I think I saw a... flaw? Mistake? In the church level (after you've finished whatever you can with it), there's one room with an invisible door/wall. I can see the enemies I killed on the other end of it and that the hall extends to the left, but I can't enter that area. So I'm assuming there must be a wall/door there.
BlueEagle

Post by BlueEagle »

ZDUser wrote:One thing that's kind of bothersome, from the video I mean, is a sort of anachronism. The setting looks like from a much earlier time, but the doors open upward like regular Doom. How about the doors opening like real life, everyday ones?
My main problem with swinging doors is that they are not flawless. In many maps I use doors for different reasons, some close behind you, some trigger other events, some go over multiple sectors. I want the mapset to be as consistent and flawless as possible and with swinging doors, I see a lot of problems. Also, I still want this to feel like Doom. It's a different kind of Doom experience, but if I take out too much that makes Doom what it is, it would feel more like it's own thing and I don't want that. At least at this point ;)
ZDUser wrote:Oh, how did I miss that at the first post doh

... But I'm still not there yet, so I must be missing something yet :P And I go back

BTW, I think I saw a... flaw? Mistake? In the church level (after you've finished whatever you can with it), there's one room with an invisible door/wall. I can see the enemies I killed on the other end of it and that the hall extends to the left, but I can't enter that area. So I'm assuming there must be a wall/door there.
It's hard to understand for me what you mean. Where is that place on the map? Can you make a screenshot of how it actually looks for you?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

It's really cool, you played Amnesia, right?Because the rooms feel they come directly from that game (the sound effect too, they are from the game , right?)
The first part is horror adventure like, but when it gets to the monster it looses the "creepy" factor.I think you should alternate the style of the levels, add action, then add creepy scenes and you'll make a very good wad!
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

BlueEagle wrote:Where is that place on the map? Can you make a screenshot of how it actually looks for you?
Probably this what ZDUser means, which I've reported earlier.
Spoiler:
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Blue Shadow wrote:
BlueEagle wrote:Where is that place on the map? Can you make a screenshot of how it actually looks for you?
Probably this what ZDUser means, which I've reported earlier.
Spoiler:
Is that DoomNoir.WAD, the one that makes everything Black Gray White and Muzzles Red?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

TheMistress wrote:Is that DoomNoir.WAD, the one that makes everything Black Gray White and Muzzles Red?
According to BlueEagle, this was just a test.
BlueEagle wrote:The grayscale was actually not intended to be there. It was a testing leftover to see how the map would look like.
ZDUser

Post by ZDUser »

It's hard to tell if that's the exact spot where I saw the flaw. But, yes there were definitely Imps I killed laying around there.
Impulse92

Post by Impulse92 »

So pumped for U2... is it odd to be excited for something that will likely haunt your dreams? Anyway, quick question: is the character in U2 the same guy from U1? Or is it a new guy altogether? The little details are the ones I obsess about.
perfectpitchrob

Post by perfectpitchrob »

@Impulse -
Spoiler:
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

So. Fucking. Tempting to download this. But I'll be patient, heh.
Impulse92

Post by Impulse92 »

@perfectpitchrob Gracias, sir. Don't want to play the beta, I'm waiting for the full release. So, I wouldn't know that.

Return to “Levels”